American Horror Story

Tick

The First Season was just Okay

(spoilers)

I figured out pretty quick they were all ghosts, and I remember having to force myself to watch the final episodes -- as I was totally uninterested in how it played out.

The Second Season -- OUTSTANDING!!

Layer upon layer of evil. I love that they'd introduce an evil and viscous character, then eventually introduce another character that scared the crap out of the first... and then a third character that scared the "hell" out of everyone.

They took the audience from hating a character to feeling sorry for her, to hoping she is vindicated and gets her revenge...

I loved the musical number -- creepy, ironic, I heard the 3rd season was going to be based on that.

Has the third season started??

The First Season was just Okay

(spoilers)

I figured out pretty quick they were all ghosts, and I remember having to force myself to watch the final episodes -- as I was totally uninterested in how it played out.

The Second Season -- OUTSTANDING!!

Layer upon layer of evil. I love that they'd introduce an evil and viscous character, then eventually introduce another character that scared the crap out of the first... and then a third character that scared the "hell" out of everyone.

They took the audience from hating a character to feeling sorry for her, to hoping she is vindicated and gets her revenge...

I loved the musical number -- creepy, ironic, I heard the 3rd season was going to be based on that.

Has the third season started??

It starts on the 9th. I would say the first season was slightly better than the second if you asked me. That's my opinion.

The season premier on wednesday set a series record with 5.5 million viewers. I liked the episode and the season shows some promise with it. Of course, so did last season before it went completely off the rails half way through and stopped making any sense whatsoever the last handful of episodes. Hopefully, they can write a more coherent and easier to follow story this year. They're gonna be exploring witchcraft and voodoo this season, what can go wrong? ;)

OK...Not a fan of this season so far....Too much corny ass "Charmed" like magic crap. This season is like the AHS version of Twilight, or True Blood or some other corny ass, targeted to teen aged girl, crap.

Jessica Lange is good, and Cathy Bates and so is Angela Basset (forgive my spelling of the names, but I ain't looking them up) but the rest of the story is corny.

SPOILERS

That part where they reanimate the blond kid from the previous seasons was hilarious, especially when he starts spazing out in the car.

And that Stevie Nicks chick is lame.

Maybe if I was a 15 year old girl I would like it better.

Haven't seen anything about the new season.

Hope it's better than the second which, although intriguing, turned into a total mess by the end.

I've seen enough commercials for me to stay away which broke my heart since I absolutely loved the first season. The second was ok but the third I just haven't wanted to watch. I don't like the big name actresses they added. Edited by Janie

Yeah, them going all Frankenstein with the dude who died in the bus crash is a little much. So far I think the first two episodes have been decent. I'm most interested in the story involving Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates and Angela Basset's characters. Everything else is just whatever at this point. I have no doubt the performances will be top quality, let's hope the writing for this season ends up being equal to the talent of the cast.

The 3 older characters played by Lange, Bassett and Bates are all interesting so far. The 'middle' women are also good. As for the younger actresses, 'Precious' (especially) and Lange's daughter from season one are also good. Farmiga and Roberts are there to be the eye candy and episode 2's 'Frankenstein' turn was annoying at best. Hopefully they can make that subplot into an interesting part of the show, but I already have my doubts. Hopefully this season won't turn out as confused as season 2, and I've all but given up on this show's ability to bring the fear and creep factor like the much better season 1.
  • Like 1

I am quite enjoying it. There are not many quality shows in this genre. This season is a bit slower but its heating up.

I was just about to bail on the show until the last part of last nights episode where something actually happened that is characteristic of AHS.

I guess I don't relate to this season very well as I think it's cornier than my turds on the day after Thanksgiving.

And how the hell does it take to get 2 ounces of "baby gravy"????!!!!

I enjoyed this weeks episode. Things are starting to pick up now. The witchcraft vs. voodoo story looks like it will be the main plot for this season and the whole Frankenstein thing will just be a side story. Which is a good thing in my eyes.

I enjoyed this weeks episode. Things are starting to pick up now. The witchcraft vs. voodoo story looks like it will be the main plot for this season and the whole Frankenstein thing will just be a side story. Which is a good thing in my eyes.

Yup, I'm into it. This season is a little slower to take off, but that's not a bad thing imo. But, I was looking forward to seeing Alexandra Breckenridge(sp?) a little more!

Definitely not my favorite season so far. But, they haven't really disappointed yet. I'll stick around and wait for the fireworks to go off. The show has been good for a couple mind-blowing events each season. And, since there hasn't really been one yet, I'm not going anywhere.

I guess Doc and I are the only people still watching which doesn't surprise me at all.

This season is a total dud.

Bad acting by all. Even Jessica Lange is bad, the girls who plays her daughter (took the acid bath) is awful. Gabby Siba-whatsherface is horrible! The main girl (with the poison snatch) is ok, but she has great hair! Stevie Nicks chick is stupid...and the guy who plays Frankenstien...well...I guess he plays that idiotic role well.

The story sucks out mother f'n loud!!! No intrigue, suspense, mystery, HORROR...Nothing that made the first season great and the second season just slightly mediocre. This season has nothing. I've compared it True Blood, Vampire Diaries, and Charmed and that is all it has become. Another melodramatic, teenage, "wouldn't it be great if we had magical powers" corny ass waste of time.

Can anyone figure out where this story is going to go? Does anybody care? There are no hero's/heroine's to root for. No mysteries to unravel. And no villains to curse.

Other than the fact I get to sit down with my wife and spend an hour with her, there isn't anything keeping me watching...Oh yeah...that and that I WANT to like it and hope with each new episode I'm given a reason to want to watch....But it ain't happening.

I think I'm done...somebody post something to let me know if anything happens worth watching.

I guess Doc and I are the only people still watching which doesn't surprise me at all.

Bad acting by all. Even Jessica Lange is bad, the girls who plays her daughter (took the acid bath) is awful. Gabby Siba-whatsherface is horrible! The main girl (with the poison snatch) is ok, but she has great hair! Stevie Nicks chick is stupid...and the guy who plays Frankenstien...well...I guess he plays that idiotic role well.

The story sucks out mother f'n loud!!! No intrigue, suspense, mystery, HORROR...Nothing that made the first season great and the second season just slightly mediocre. This season has nothing. I've compared it True Blood, Vampire Diaries, and Charmed and that is all it has become. Another melodramatic, teenage, "wouldn't it be great if we had magical powers" corny ass waste of time.

Can anyone figure out where this story is going to go? Does anybody care? There are no hero's/heroine's to root for. No mysteries to unravel. And no villains to curse.

Other than the fact I get to sit down with my wife and spend an hour with her, there isn't anything keeping me watching...Oh yeah...that and that I WANT to like it and hope with each new episode I'm given a reason to want to watch....But it ain't happening.

I think I'm done...somebody post something to let me know if anything happens worth watching.

This season is by far my least favorite of the 3, but I still like it. It seems they're really moving this season much slower than the previous ones, not a million things happening in every episode. I disagree about the acting, besides that Prescious girl who I can't stand! I hate to compare, but the worst of this show is still much better that The Boring Dead.
  • Like 1

This season is by far my least favorite of the 3, but I still like it. It seems they're really moving this season much slower than the previous ones, not a million things happening in every episode. I disagree about the acting, besides that Prescious girl who I can't stand! I hate to compare, but the worst of this show is still much better that The Boring Dead.

It's funny you call TWD, the Boring dead.

I refer to AHS as American Boring Story.

I'm enjoying this season so far. They can't have an action packed episode every week, that would get old. They're allowing time for the main stories to build and hopefully there will be a good payoff for them unlike the complete clusterfukk that last season turned into. Even the last few episodes of the first season seemed a bit rushed to get everything over with. So, far this season has had a coherent story that hasn't been hard to follow. Unlike last season where I had no clue what it was supposed to be about once it got to the halfway point.

I've have no problems with Jessica Lange's or Sarah Paulson's performances so far this season. I really don't see why anyone would?