American Horror Story

Tick

I finally got a chance to watch the finale.

SPOILERS

I was certain Ben was going to kill himself. I should have known that crazy bitch couldn't let him go!

I am very surprised and a bit reticent about the direction the show is going, but I am willing to give it a shot. In a way, they did tell a complete story. The family was broken, and moved to LA to try and save it. And they did. They all just had to die first.

laugh.gif

Overall a fun, creepy show. I'm satisfied. We'll see how this seasonal re-boot goes. Sounds strange to me, but I'm already on the bandwagon. Might as well go for the whole ride.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Dec 24 2011, 08:25 PM)
I finally got a chance to watch the finale.

SPOILERS

I was certain Ben was going to kill himself. I should have known that crazy bitch couldn't let him go!

I am very surprised and a bit reticent about the direction the show is going, but I am willing to give it a shot. In a way, they did tell a complete story. The family was broken, and moved to LA to try and save it. And they did. They all just had to die first.

laugh.gif

Overall a fun, creepy show. I'm satisfied. We'll see how this seasonal re-boot goes. Sounds strange to me, but I'm already on the bandwagon. Might as well go for the whole ride.

I agree with being satisfied with the season, I am still just bummed that they did all that and then....blam....move on to another story all together.

If I'd have known in advance that was the format, I'd be a little less bummed, but still wtf because this story was so good.

I will still watch, and like I said, it may be great. But, imagine watching season one of Breaking Bad, then it comes back for season 2 and it's about a pot dealer in NYC. Just not very satisfying with all the questions unanswered.

And I think they could have come up with stuff to keep us all satisfied with this storyline for another season. But oh well.

PS. I went to the FX AHS board to see what the reaction is and most people were wtf.gif ?

I agree that I'm in for the long-haul but I'm a bit leery about the new season.

The analogy about Breaking Bad that Presto stated was a good one. You get used to characters and hate to see them go. It will be interesting to see where the setting will be if not the haunted house.

On a completely unrelated note: my daughter's ring tone on her phone is the creepy sounds at the shows opening. Sounds like her phone has gone haywire every time she gets a message. Plus she has Tate running and hiding as her screen saver. Yeah, she got a little obsessed with the show. biggrin.gif

I really liked the finale and the season was just great. I do have some issues with what they wanna do with it next season but I do get why they wanna change it. The story this season was great but it seems as though the events in the house are a continuing theme so they might not wanna get stuck telling the same thing over and over. Giving it a new cast and setting is like a band coming out with a new album and it will be interresting to see how it works since I don't recall any other show i've seen ever doing this.

The other issue they'll have is to get some actors with name recognition to get people to watch again. They did that with Dylan McDermott and Jessica Lange this year but are they gonna be able to do that again and create the same magic?

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Dec 26 2011, 08:30 PM)
The other issue they'll have is to get some actors with name recognition to get people to watch again. They did that with Dylan McDermott and Jessica Lange this year but are they gonna be able to do that again and create the same magic?

I would argue that it would be easier to get talent since the quality of the show is now established. Same for the audience, it's there but the first couple of weeks will tell the tale.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Dec 26 2011, 11:24 AM)

I agree that I'm in for the long-haul but I'm a bit leery about the new season.
The analogy about Breaking Bad that Presto stated was a good one. You get used to characters and hate to see them go. It will be interesting to see where the setting will be if not the haunted house.

On a completely unrelated note: my daughter's ring tone on her phone is the creepy sounds at the shows opening. Sounds like her phone has gone haywire every time she gets a message. Plus she has Tate running and hiding as her screen saver. Yeah, she got a little obsessed with the show. biggrin.gif

Your daughter must be sad.gif and angry.gif !

AND to the couple posts before this one, they are saying they will be able to draw bigger stars and then the article mentioned Gwyneth Paltrow. Ok...so big stars...like GP yay. I'd rather see what happens with that Baby and Jessica Lange! Oh well...

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Dec 22 2011, 05:23 AM)

Oh and if you were wondering, like I was, who is the guy (and girl along with Hayden) who helped kill Ben? Well in the credits it says Beau (Constance's other son..right?) was in this episode played by a Sam Kinsey. Well I went back to that scene and I believe that is the guy who helped kill Ben. If you look closely he has scratches all over his face. Was he in any other episodes? His imdb picture must be old because he looks like a young kid and they guy who helped kill Ben was older. Also on imdb it says he was in episode 7 Open House. I don't remember ever seeing him, but he will probably play a bigger role next year. And there was another girl, who helped kill Ben with Hayden (and I believe Beau) that I don't remember seeing before.

SPOILERS

I think the guy and girl who helped kill Ben were the home invaders from the second episode. Beau did make a brief appearance when he jumped out of the attic to scare the new lady tenant.

I'm curious to see what happens but would be satisfied with a one season shot (Like Harper Island). I was glad to see the family, finally happy together and with the new baby.

I'm having really mixed feelings about the show now. I liked the episode but at the same time didn't. One thing I definitely liked was the suggested idea that we leave the fates of Constance and Michael to our imaginations. The idea of leaving this story behind and starting with a new one appeals to me as well. Most of the scenes and dialogue seemed to point in the direction of closure to this story although as mentioned, leaving a lot to the imagination.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Caught up on DVR, finished season finale.. All I got to say is wtf.gif Didn't like the way last three episodes went, not going to spoil but i kept saying to myself WHY?? NOT THAT, WHAT THE HELL!!!???? tongue.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jan 1 2012, 09:54 PM)
Caught up on DVR, finished season finale.. All I got to say is wtf.gif Didn't like the way last three episodes went, not going to spoil but i kept saying to myself WHY?? NOT THAT, WHAT THE HELL!!!???? tongue.gif

The characters fates shouldn't have been a surprise to you though. We learned very early on that whoever lives in the house will die and become a permanent resident there.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jan 1 2012, 10:54 PM)

Just proves you can't please everyone. I thought the show was brilliant from beginning to end. but that's just me.

I very much look forward to season 2.

QUOTE (Tick @ Jan 4 2012, 11:42 AM)
QUOTE (softfilter @ Jan 1 2012, 10:54 PM)
Caught up on DVR, finished season finale..  All I got to say is  wtf.gif  Didn't like the way last three episodes went, not going to spoil but i kept saying to myself WHY?? NOT THAT, WHAT THE HELL!!!???? tongue.gif

Just proves you can't please everyone. I thought the show was brilliant from beginning to end. but that's just me.

I very much look forward to season 2.

Don't get me wrong, AHS is one of the most interesting original tv series in a long time, I just wish... SPOILER???

They would slow down a little on the "living" character assassinations... wink.gif

New season starts Wednesday October 17th at 10.

Just a heads up for those that have it saved from last year to record on your DVR's, the official name of the new season is "American Horror Story: Asylum". So you'll have to reset your programmed recording devices accordingly. That's how it shows up on my channel guide with direcTV, i'm guessing it's the same with all cable providers.

This story takes place in an asylum for the criminally insane sometime in the 1960s. Jessica Lange plays a nun who runs the asylum. There are no ghosts this season, it will focus on all the messed up stuff that goes on in the asylum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horr...tory_(season_2)

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 12 2012, 08:20 AM)
New season starts Wednesday October 17th at 10.

Just a heads up for those that have it saved from last year to record on your DVR's, the official name of the new season is "American Horror Story: Asylum". So you'll have to reset your programmed recording devices accordingly. That's how it shows up on my channel guide with direcTV, i'm guessing it's the same with all cable providers.

This story takes place in an asylum for the criminally insane sometime in the 1960s. Jessica Lange plays a nun who runs the asylum. There are no ghosts this season, it will focus on all the messed up stuff that goes on in the asylum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horr...tory_(season_2)

I saw a commercial for this last night! common001.gif Looks good, creepy and messed up. I cannot wait for this to start.

wwwwwow!

firedevil.gif They were not kidding about the sexual situations warning before the show started. Dang! firedevil.gif

I loved every single thing about this version of AHS. It was amazing. Cannot wait to see more! Jessica Lange is an acting beast. She was fantastic, as usual.

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 18 2012, 12:30 PM)
wwwwwow!

firedevil.gif They were not kidding about the sexual situations warning before the show started. Dang! firedevil.gif

I loved every single thing about this version of AHS. It was amazing. Cannot wait to see more! Jessica Lange is an acting beast. She was fantastic, as usual.

Yeah, but the first season was very sexual too. In the first episode a naked Dylan McDermott(sp?) is masterbating to that hot maid. Anyways, I agree- it was a very cool first episode. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Oct 18 2012, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 18 2012, 12:30 PM)
wwwwwow!

Yeah, but the first season was very sexual too. In the first episode a naked Dylan McDermott(sp?) is masterbating to that hot maid. Anyways, I agree- it was a very cool first episode. trink39.gif

******************SPOILERS********************

There were so many hot scenes in that first episode.

I really like the younger nun (the one who played the mom who kept looking for her baby in the first AMH series).

Don't know how I feel about the alien spin.

(ETA the spoiler alert. What's the consensus on this? Are we doing this for any post here that reveals something about the episodes?)

Edited by Janie

No one has been complaining about spoiler alerts in this section lately so I wouldn't worry about it. Honestly, if a show is in it's current season and you're not all the way caught up with it, you shouldn't bother coming into a thread about it. That's just common sense to me.

Very good first episode last night. I guess I must be getting desensitized to things because I didn't think the sexual content was that bad. I've seen and heard a lot worse before. Jessica Lange is such a great performer. She just takes control of everything and commands all your attention. Not once last night did I think "hey, that's Constance from the first season." She is one hundered percent Sister Jude and has you believeing it every second she's on screen.

I've always been interested in UFO's and stuff like that so I would like to see where they're going with this. Did the alien encounter drive him so nuts he went on a killing spree? Or did the aliens do it themselves?

Also, what is the thing/things the younger nun was feeding in the woods? Oh, such intrigue, this show really knows how to get you to come back week after week.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 18 2012, 03:44 PM)
Very good first episode last night. I guess I must be getting desensitized to things because I didn't think the sexual content was that bad. I've seen and heard a lot worse before. Jessica Lange is such a great performer. She just takes control of everything and commands all your attention. Not once last night did I think "hey, that's Constance from the first season." She is one hundered percent Sister Jude and has you believeing it every second she's on screen.

I've always been interested in UFO's and stuff like that so I would like to see where they're going with this. Did the alien encounter drive him so nuts he went on a killing spree? Or did the aliens do it themselves?

Also, what is the thing/things the younger nun was feeding in the woods? Oh, such intrigue, this show really knows how to get you to come back week after week.

I thoroughly enjoyed the sexy scenes. I have not yet been desensitized. Bring on the lovin' baby!

Re: The Aliens. They have to be a real thing since the doctor (played by James Cromwell) pulled out that computer chip-like thing that morphed into a spider. Something more will be coming from that.

And speaking of the good doctor... I think the "things" in the forest are his little mutations that he's creating in that lab of his. Remember, he has taken a handful of patients and then no one knows where the bodies go. He has to be working some voodoo medical magic on those patients and then throwing them out to fend for themselves in the woods. Or something like that. But the twist on that is... what is the young nun feeding them? What is in those buckets?