American Horror Story

Tick

Spoilahs!

I think Constance may be the only person that isn't dead, besides maybe perhaps that psychic. They'll all be dead by shows end I think.

Speaking of psychic; all her talk about electromagnetism and evil made me think of one thing: Lost. Clearly the House is a character like the Island but I hope that's where any similarities end. If everyone's dead and the House is a middle point between heaven & hell then I'll be disappointed.

SPOILERS

The dad can't be dead, since we've seen him leave the house many times (including the last episode). I think the jump-cut to him in the corner was just a dramatic device, something to portray what was going on in his mind.

But...with this show, you never know!

confused13.gif

So they gave the doctor's wife the "dead" baby, and she just walked away with it? Is she going to get her husband to do his Frankenbaby routine again? (I'm assuming that was her evil son in the basement when Tate was a kid?).

I love Zach Quinto's character. He's doing a great job. How creepy was that when he talked about their plans to kill the babies once they got cute??

wacko.gif

So now Violet and Mom can just cruise around the house with all these dead people fighting over this Ghost-American baby with Constance and Hayden. And Dad has a dead wife, a dead daughter, a dead mistress, and a dead baby. My advice? LEAVE THE HOUSE!!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Dec 16 2011, 05:32 PM)
SPOILERS

The dad can't be dead, since we've seen him leave the house many times (including the last episode). I think the jump-cut to him in the corner was just a dramatic device, something to portray what was going on in his mind.

But...with this show, you never know!

confused13.gif

So they gave the doctor's wife the "dead" baby, and she just walked away with it? Is she going to get her husband to do his Frankenbaby routine again? (I'm assuming that was her evil son in the basement when Tate was a kid?).

I love Zach Quinto's character. He's doing a great job. How creepy was that when he talked about their plans to kill the babies once they got cute??

wacko.gif

So now Violet and Mom can just cruise around the house with all these dead people fighting over this Ghost-American baby with Constance and Hayden. And Dad has a dead wife, a dead daughter, a dead mistress, and a dead baby. My advice? LEAVE THE HOUSE!!

laugh.gif

Finally watched last weeks episode. Wow. I don't care how many ghosts there are or how many new ones they introduce. I love this show because I have not the slightest idea what's going to happen and they don't mess around waiting for the plot to catch up...stuff just keeps happening. That is my biggest gripe with The Walking Dead, they need 6 episodes for the big payoff of the missing girl (won't go any farther as not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched it) But AHS just fires away episode after episode blowing your mind. I love this show.

J2112YYZ,

I agree, they could just go on each season with new families moving in.

Spoilers

I agree with everything quoted above by Unattractive Truth. Ben is still alive. Constance is also alive as she visited Vivien in the mental hospital. The weird thing is she seems to have a strange power over the ghosts in the house. No one kills her when they easily could and several of them have good reason, ex. the house keeper and anyone killed by Tate.

BTW, anyone notice how quickly Vivien went from the rape to giving birth? Seems like right after they moved in, like a day or two she slept with Tate in the rubber suit and wham, now she is having the babies...well baby. Time seems to fly in this house. Can't wait to see both babies. We know that one of the babies is alive, like really alive because Vivien had it right before she died. So that's gonna be interesting.

theredtamasrule,

I gotta think that this will not be anything like "Lost". It's just been to original to be the same idea. IMO.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Dec 19 2011, 11:11 AM)

Season finale coming up this Wednesday!

I'm ready!!!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Dec 19 2011, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 19 2011, 11:11 AM)

I'm ready!!!!! 1022.gif

Even though I knew it was renewed I always listen for "season" finale at the end as opposed to "series" finale.

And I am ready as well! 2 HOURS!

wacko.gif

Can't wait for this! I'll be glued to the tv this Wed. night.

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Dec 19 2011, 06:58 AM)
The weird thing is (Constance) seems to have a strange power over the ghosts in the house. No one kills her when they easily could and several of them have good reason, ex. the house keeper and anyone killed by Tate.

I want to know why and how she has this power over the ghosts, too. I hope they tie up some of these loose ends.

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Dec 19 2011, 11:51 AM)

I'm ready!!!!! 1022.gif

Even though I knew it was renewed I always listen for "season" finale at the end as opposed to "series" finale.

wacko.gif

Its not a 2 hour episode. Its just an hour and 10 minutes.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 20 2011, 08:39 AM)

I'm ready!!!!! 1022.gif

wacko.gif

Thanks...seriously.

I must have been thinking of Terra Nova. Yeah...I know, a horrible show compared to AHS.

That said, you saved me from missing the last 10 mins. I went to check because I really thought it was 2 hrs and for whatever reason, Time Warner Cable is having a problem with series recordings that go over the normal time. Meaning that if AHS is usually 1hr it will only tape for 1hr EVEN IF it says in the schedule it's 1hr 10mins.

So, to be safe, I set it to tape 5 mins over for AHS because the longest the show has went, at least that I remember was 1 hr and 3 mins. Well if I wouldn't have checked, I would have missed the last 5 mins which would have pissed me off, even though it's ondemand, I would have been so mad if all of a sudden the final scene is just cut off! So I changed it to 15 mins over. F-ing TWC is killing me. banghead.gif

Anyway....Thanks!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Dec 20 2011, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 20 2011, 08:39 AM)

I'm ready!!!!! 1022.gif

wacko.gif

Thanks...seriously.

I must have been thinking of Terra Nova. Yeah...I know, a horrible show compared to AHS.

That said, you saved me from missing the last 10 mins. I went to check because I really thought it was 2 hrs and for whatever reason, Time Warner Cable is having a problem with series recordings that go over the normal time. Meaning that if AHS is usually 1hr it will only tape for 1hr EVEN IF it says in the schedule it's 1hr 10mins.

So, to be safe, I set it to tape 5 mins over for AHS because the longest the show has went, at least that I remember was 1 hr and 3 mins. Well if I wouldn't have checked, I would have missed the last 5 mins which would have pissed me off, even though it's ondemand, I would have been so mad if all of a sudden the final scene is just cut off! So I changed it to 15 mins over. F-ing TWC is killing me. banghead.gif

Anyway....Thanks!

trink39.gif

I wish it was 2 hours! and you are welcome. trink39.gif

Ok...so I am 30 mins into the finale and all I can say is this is gonna go down as one of the coolest shows on cable tv. The possibilities for the plot, as well as the parade of "guest" ghosts...er stars that can appear in this show with the constant being, well Constance is just awesome.

I LOVE what has happened so far but I won't comment until I've seen the end. I just got up to feed my cats and had to add a quick post.

ALSO, Jessica Lange is up for a Golden Globe and I am sure and Emmy to follow. She deserves both and she should get both.

Lastly, anyone who is watching this show and seeing the ridiculous commercials for "Justified" don't be turned off by them. The show is great. Not AHS great or Breaking Bad great but better than 90% of everything else on tv. I ALMOST didn't record AHS because of the commercials for it. If you remember, (they played one of them when they announced Jessica Lange was up for a Golden Globe) they made it look weird and just not representative of what the show is. I think that is what the commercials for Justified are doing. So if you like AHS, meaning you like good tv, you will probably like Justified. At least it's worth checking out. Whoever is doing these commercials for FX is missing the mark, but that's about all I can say is bad about the shows on FX...the commercials for them!

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Dec 22 2011, 02:37 AM)
Lastly, anyone who is watching this show and seeing the ridiculous commercials for "Justified" don't be turned off by them.  The show is great.  Not AHS great or Breaking Bad great but better than 90% of everything else on tv.  I ALMOST didn't record AHS because of the commercials for it.  If you remember, (they played one of them when they announced Jessica Lange was up for a Golden Globe) they made it look weird and just not representative of what the show is.  I think that is what the commercials for Justified are doing.  So if you like AHS, meaning you like good tv, you will probably like Justified.  At least it's worth checking out.  Whoever is doing these commercials for FX is missing the mark, but that's about all I can say is bad about the shows on FX...the commercials for them!

So right after my above post they play a commercial for Justified that actually shows scenes from it rather than guys walking around with guns.

BUT NOW ON TO THE MAIN EVENT!

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

WOW...all I can say is WOW. I LOVED the finale of AHS! I loved everything about it. This last episode had everything...scares, drama, comedy, a "happy ending", well not the ending of the show... wink.gif I am so glad Jessica Lange is up for a Golden Globe. She DESERVES it! Like I said in the post above, she deserves the Emmy as well. It is also up for best show, probably won't win but should....CONSIDERING BREAKING BAD WASN'T NOMINATED FOR BEST SHOW...WHAT A FREAKING JOKE. But that was it for nominations for the GG's for AHS. I thought Dylan Mcdermott could have been nominated as well.

But now for....

SPOILERS

I loved the ending. I saw it coming as Jessica Lange was giving that amazing monologue at the beauty shop. Talk about creepy...the cookie jar being the reason and the hand prints on the chair in blood, just like parents sometimes paint their kids stuff...with their kids hand prints...well not in blood! I bet those stay there for future episodes and get remarked on "Oh, what a lovely chair your son decorated himself".

I loved the hilarious scene where all the "good" ghosts teamed up to scare the shyt out of that family. I loved that the Dad was so freaked out he wouldn't even wait for the son, he was just yelling for him from the car! And the scene between Vivien and Ben killing each other was classic!

I loved when the new family moved in. There can be SO many guest stars in the future. They could devote entire episodes to just a new family moving in and being scared the heck out in new ways.

I loved how Tate finally admitted to what he did and that whole scene with Ben.

I loved that alot of stuff that Ben did in the first episode made sense with the second family, when you could see why he went to the stove and why he got up.

I loved how they were a happy family...dead!!!! And it was funny because as the show started I was thinking how funny it was that the shows finale is days before Christmas and so...throw in the Christmas scene!!

Oh and if you were wondering, like I was, who is the guy (and girl along with Hayden) who helped kill Ben? Well in the credits it says Beau (Constance's other son..right?) was in this episode played by a Sam Kinsey. Well I went back to that scene and I believe that is the guy who helped kill Ben. If you look closely he has scratches all over his face. Was he in any other episodes? His imdb picture must be old because he looks like a young kid and they guy who helped kill Ben was older. Also on imdb it says he was in episode 7 Open House. I don't remember ever seeing him, but he will probably play a bigger role next year. And there was another girl, who helped kill Ben with Hayden (and I believe Beau) that I don't remember seeing before.

There are a ton of other things I could point out that were great, but I am sure someone else will!

Basically, if you can't tell, I loved this finale and the whole season. I think this finale was right up their with Sons of Anarchy (last year's finale) and Breaking Bad (any year!) as far as finales go.

I can't wait for this show to come back and honestly, I am not worried at all anymore about what direction they go. If they go that the little kid is the anti-christ, so be it. It will be well written and intense. And I don't think the whole "Lost" comparison applies as this is just an American Horror Story! (sorry...but perfect name for the show) If they add 20 more ghosts per season, so be it. It's hard to forget, really any of them, and how they died. Even the exterminator made an appearance!!!

All I can say is bravo! I hope it wins best show at the GG's since Breaking Bad isn't up. (what a joke) and if BB isn't up for the Emmy I hope it wins that too.

Oh and for Breaking Bad fans, Jesse (Aaron Paul) was NOT nominated for the GG's but Walt (Bryan Cranston) was. BOTH were deserving and this year Aaron Paul was by far at his best. Screw the foreign press, well for BB at least!

Great end to a great first season. Jessica Lange better any award she gets nominated for. Incredible role for her. Edited by tick

***SPOILERS***

Enjoyed the ending with Constance smiling at her grandson, Michael, knowing what he did/who he was. Her smile was unsettling! She has such control over spirits and all things evil.

I'm curious about his name since we've been lead to believe he's some spawn of evil. Constance named him Michael which got me thinking of the archangel St. Michael.

Was a little taken aback by Violet's flirting with that one kid. That seemed out of her character. Wasn't quite sure what that was all about.

Agree w/PARF about the comedy between Ben and Vivien in the basement. That was pretty funny. laugh.gif

SPOILAHS

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 22 2011, 11:28 AM)
I'm curious about his name since we've been lead to believe he's some spawn of evil. Constance named him Michael which got me thinking of the archangel St. Michael.

Michael as in...Michael Meyers...that kid is evil I tells ya!

Seriously though what a great show and a fun finale. Interesting to find out why Ben was holding his hand to the flame while sleepwalking. They have created quite the mythology for the House this season and I can't wait to see what unfolds next season especially with Constance & Michael; there are so many avenues they can go down that I can't begin to guess where it'll go. And that final scene was great.

Indeed, Lange should get an EGOT just for this role alone. Constance was made for a classic Hollywood actress like her to show her chops.

SPOILER

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Dec 22 2011, 10:23 AM)
Oh and if you were wondering, like I was, who is the guy (and girl along with Hayden) who helped kill Ben?

they tried to recreate the murder of that nurse in the bathtub and that other girl in an earlier episode. i think they were killed by the monster baby in the basement.

Edited by mortkort

I think this is the only way the show can work from here on out. They're unable to sustain a show on just the current (or should I say, past) residents. But even with a constant rotation of new owners, they're going to have to be careful to keep it scary because it can quickly turn comedic.

It may be great. It just sucks to follow a show only to find out everything you are interested in and want to know is gone. And that was their plan all along. I'd have embraced it knowing that up front.

It may be even better than great, but I still loved the story line and wanted to see how it played out. I don't agree that they had nowhere to go with the story and they could have easily answered some of the questions with another season and then have the house demolished and have the "curse" or whatever tranfer somewhere else, but to just do it like they did. I think it sucked.