American Horror Story

Tick

The show is what great horror is all about. Its when something gets embedded into your mind when you didn't even know it got in and it f*cks with you later on after you thought it was over and done with. That's the kind of horror that works for me. Not the cliche type that goes for a quick startling moment. This show has great psychological imagery. Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 12 2011, 01:27 PM)
Its when something gets embedded into your mind when you didn't even know it got in and it f*cks with you later on after you thought it was over and done with.

Missed the premier but my wife saw it and said it was really good, so I checked out the second epi last night (still hvae the premier on DVR).

Really good show with losts of "I wonder what THATS about?" stuff in the story.

And I agree with Tick. I found myself waking up in the middle of the night thinking about that show....Not scared but... well...wondering what THAT was all about.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Oct 13 2011, 10:09 AM)

Geez I would get the hell out of that house and never look back! biggrin.gif

I would to.

But if you bought the house and you've got a lot of money tied up in it you can't exactly afford to up and move again right away.

I'm begining to wonder how long this series will last though. If everyone who lives in that house ends up dying how long can they keep the main characters alive for?

Second episode was freaky good! I am really digging this show a lot.

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 14 2011, 12:37 PM)
Second episode was freaky good! I am really digging this show a lot.

yes.gif

Jessica Lange's character is so out there.

I've decided to not think too much about what this or that means on the show and just enjoy the freaky ride it takes me on.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 13 2011, 09:06 AM)

I would to.

But if you bought the house and you've got a lot of money tied up in it you can't exactly afford to up and move again right away.

I'm begining to wonder how long this series will last though. If everyone who lives in that house ends up dying how long can they keep the main characters alive for?

I'm wondering the same thing. I love horror and I love being scared but this show isn't doing it for me. I watched the first episode and had the second one sitting around for days before I ended up watching it, that's how I knew the show wasn't wowing me. Can't say I'm looking forward to another episode.

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 16 2011, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 13 2011, 09:06 AM)

I would to.

I'm wondering the same thing. I love horror and I love being scared but this show isn't doing it for me. I watched the first episode and had the second one sitting around for days before I ended up watching it, that's how I knew the show wasn't wowing me. Can't say I'm looking forward to another episode.

I think the show is brilliant. Its more then just horror. I can't wait for the third episode!

Ok, so I just watched the third episode.

Tell me I'm not crazy here... the real estate lady AND the tour guide both looked like actors from the John Cusack movie, "Better Off Dead."

I have to admit that the third episode was decent enough to make me want to watch the next one.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 22 2011, 10:57 AM)
This weeks episode was really good. It looks like the show is starting to find a groove now.

It was inevitable. Episode 3 was very good. Looking forward to the next twisted episode.

I've only watched the pilot thus far and while I like the premise I wonder if it's not just exposing TOO much too soon. I think it could benefit from a slowed pace and a bit more deliberate story telling. Feels pretty breakneck. Look at how much happens and how much we learn in the first hour!!

It's not a subtle show. wink.gif

It's a bit like the anti-Breaking Bad, which often labors over an establishing shot, scene, or moment...but it's all very resonant and I appreciate that. I think this show needs to slow down a bit.

Granted, I've only watched the pilot and will be watching the next two soon. I'm curious.

As of last night I had only seen the second episode.

Last night I made a big mistake of watching the third epidode and then the pilot and then going right to bed....I couldn't stop thinking about the show and didn't sleep for shit.

I was totally creeped out by the pilot (which I feel is the best of the three episodes so far).

But at least I'm all caught up as far as the episodes go...and all caught up in the show!!!

Really intriguing, creepy, and mind fukking show.

My biggest question is how far is this season going to go? I'm concerned that they will run out of story and it will turn into a twisted, mindless mess....(like Lost became in the final season).

Really like this show!!!! Although I'll be sure to watch the next episodes long before bed to let my mind settle down.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Oct 25 2011, 07:19 AM)

Last night I made a big mistake of watching the third epidode and then the pilot and then going right to bed....I couldn't stop thinking about the show and didn't sleep for shit.

I was totally creeped out by the pilot (which I feel is the best of the three episodes so far).

But at least I'm all caught up as far as the episodes go...and all caught up in the show!!!

My biggest question is how far is this season going to go? I'm concerned that they will run out of story and it will turn into a twisted, mindless mess....(like Lost became in the final season).

Really like this show!!!! Although I'll be sure to watch the next episodes long before bed to let my mind settle down.

I think there is tons of possibilities as far as plot lines go. If the writers are smart they have many avenues to travel down. Imagine the direction they can go when the baby is born?

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 25 2011, 08:44 AM)

I think there is tons of possibilities as far as plot lines go. If the writers are smart they have many avenues to travel down. Imagine the direction they can go when the baby is born?

Agree 100%....Lots of places to go, just hope tha writers do a good job.

Possible spoiler:

As far as the baby goes....I wonder who the father is?

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Oct 25 2011, 11:13 AM)

Possible spoiler:

I believe the father of the baby is the young kid who is hanging out with the teen daughter. I'm sure he's some sort of shape shifting demon. Obviously this demon has a fascination with babies and such since the show focuses on the babies in jars of formaldehyde. Plus, Jessica Lange's character stressed the importance of doing anything for your children and that's got to play a role in whatever this demon is up too.

My question is, who exactly is Jessica Lange? Originally I was thinking she was the infant of the first couple to ever live in the house but that wouldn't be possible unless she's some sort of ghost thingy too which actually would make sense because she's obviously in cahoots with the young blond boy and the housekeeper.

Those three have a past.

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 26 2011, 01:30 AM)
QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Oct 25 2011, 11:13 AM)

Possible spoiler:

I believe the father of the baby is the young kid who is hanging out with the teen daughter.

My question is, who exactly is Jessica Lange? Originally I was thinking she was the infant of the first couple to ever live in the house but that wouldn't be possible unless she's some sort of ghost thingy too which actually would make sense because she's obviously in cahoots with the young blond boy and the housekeeper.

Those three have a past.

I never considered the blond kid who I think is one of Jessica langs kids. She mentioned she had a child she thought was a perfect specimen and stuff happened to him. Wasn't there a scene in second episode where the kid a nd Lange were hooking up?

But the blond kid could very well be the guy in the suit which is now what I'm hoping for 'cuz I really don't want another new ghost character introduced 'cuz it's a potential unanswered question.

As for Jessica Lange sometimes I feel she's a ghost other times I don't. For a second I thought she might have been one of the girls the doctor performed abortions on but that would make her about 100...and she aint 100.

As far as her being the baby of the first couple I think they referenced the baby as a boy but I've been wrong before.

I think she was just an owner of the house at one point and besides being directly involved with a couple of the ghosts knows its history. Maybe she is the ghost of the wife of the guy who burned his family up.