Marillion North American Tour 2012

ColdFireYYZ

Copied from facebook:

On October 25th we will be announcing the cities for our first North American Tour for 8 years! Tickets will go on sale from November 4th/5th. We're coming!!!!!!!! Rest Of The World info later this year. One step at a time!

I really hope they come nearby and tickets aren't outrageous. They're one of my favorite bands and I need to see them live.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 7 2011, 09:23 PM)
Copied from facebook:
On October 25th we will be announcing the cities for our first North American Tour for 8 years! Tickets will go on sale from November 4th/5th. We're coming!!!!!!!! Rest Of The World info later this year. One step at a time!

I really hope they come nearby and tickets aren't outrageous. They're one of my favorite bands and I need to see them live.

Get the hell out!!!

*praying for a TX date*

I would literally CRY if I was able to see them live.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 7 2011, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Oct 7 2011, 10:32 PM)
I'veonly heard a few albums but I'd love to see them...where's Fish? I haven't heard much of post-fish Marillion.

Check out Marbles and Seasons End. Personally I like them better than the Fish albums.

I have heard marbles but that's all. I liked it and thought it was roughly equivalent to Fish era in terms of quality but it was still pretty different. But I heard it once. I need to check out more of their stuff but geez keeping up with prog is hard and then to go back and explore old prog is insane tongue.gif

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Oct 7 2011, 10:39 PM)
I'veonly heard a few albums but I'd love to see them...where's Fish? I haven't heard much of post-fish Marillion.

Check out Marbles and Seasons End. Personally I like them better than the Fish albums.

I have heard marbles but that's all. I liked it and thought it was roughly equivalent to Fish era in terms of quality but it was still pretty different. But I heard it once. I need to check out more of their stuff but geez keeping up with prog is hard and then to go back and explore old prog is insane tongue.gif

I know! There's so many great bands both old and new to discover.

I got into Marillion a year ago and they blew my mind. What really impressed me was how every album was different. They're currently writing a new album so I'm looking forward to hearing how that one will sound.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Oct 7 2011, 09:39 PM)

Hogarth is GREAT. Check out those titles mentioned, but also listen to Marillion.com, Anoraknophobia, Brave, and Less Is More. I don't MIND Fish, but the band stopped being a Genesis wannabe band when Hogarth came on board. Amazing voice. Amazing lyrics. All good stuff. Rothery is a tragically overlooked guitarist. And, Pete Trewavas on bass? Forgettaboutit.

You see this Tick............... 1022.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 7 2011, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Oct 7 2011, 09:39 PM)

Hogarth is GREAT. Check out those titles mentioned, but also listen to Marillion.com, Anoraknophobia, Brave, and Less Is More. I don't MIND Fish, but the band stopped being a Genesis wannabe band when Hogarth came on board. Amazing voice. Amazing lyrics. All good stuff. Rothery is a tragically overlooked guitarist. And, Pete Trewavas on bass? Forgettaboutit.

I'm pretty sure they wont be doing any FL dates...They never seem to come here.

I agree about Rothery being underappreciated as well....What a great and emotional guitarist...too bad all his great playing is accompanied by H's snivelly, weak, whiney voice.

This is great! Last time I saw them was on the Misplaced Childhood tour in a college cafeteria. I would love to see them with Hogarth. I like both eras but I like them better with Hogarth.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 8 2011, 01:13 PM)
You see this Tick............... 1022.gif

yes.gif 1022.gif

I am well aware!!!!

The Marbles tour in 04 was amazing!

This new tour will be my 5th show dating back to the first H tour.

Edited by tick

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 7 2011, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Oct 7 2011, 09:39 PM)

1022.gif

I hope you get to see them!!!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 8 2011, 02:48 AM)

goodpost.gif

Brave is just an amazing album - and so is Afraid of Sunlight new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I've seen them more than any other band (33 times and counting, dating back to the Misplaced Childhood tour) and they've rarely - if ever - let me down.

Just to whet your appetite ...

(we were at this gig!)

(*cough*was at this one, too!*cough*)

I hope you get to see them, and I hope they play Neverland - it'll give you goosebumps trink39.gif

If you don't like Steve Hogarth you're not a Marillion fan. Your a fan of some dinosaur band that disbanded 25 years ago.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 25 2011, 03:40 PM)
And, that is THE tour. No other dates are going to be added. Nothing even remotely near me. sad.gif

sad.gif

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Oct 25 2011, 05:00 PM)
Nice! Philly on my birthday.

I guess tickets won't be on sale till 2012 sometime?

Actually all tickets go on sale November 4/5

I'll be crossing the pond to see the shows in Boston, Quebec, Montreal, Toronto, 2 x Chicago, 2 x Los Angeles, and San Francisco biggrin.gif