Shy newbie

Humanoid Escapee

QUOTE (Humanoid Escapee @ Oct 7 2011, 09:06 AM)
Thought I'd introduce myself after lurking for a while. Feels good to be among people who can never get fed up with my gushing!

Gush away! Just make sure you clean up after yourself... wink.gif

Welcome to the Happiest Place on Earth!

oh wait, no... no.gif

Welcome to the Machine!

no, that's not right no.gif

Welcome to the Jungle Baby!

hmm, that's closer unsure.gif

oh yeah

WELCOME TO TRF!!!

653.gif

Welcome to TRF! bekloppt.gif

None of my friends (outside TRF, obviously) are Rush fans, except my husband. I'm a bigger fan than he is! Since I became a fan I've told people about them and most go "Who?"

Yay new people! I've been around since last year but I don't post too much. Hoping to change that laugh.gif

Welcome HE! Are you a longtime fan, or newer (like me)? Go to any shows on the Time Machine tour? What are your Rush favorites?

Enough questions...hope to see you around, and I look forward to getting to know you! -Carrie

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 8 2011, 05:00 PM)
Welcome HE! Are you a longtime fan, or newer (like me)? Go to any shows on the Time Machine tour? What are your Rush favorites?

Enough questions...hope to see you around, and I look forward to getting to know you! -Carrie

I first heard "Time stand still" in 1997 and fell in love with Geddy's voice, but for some reason I didn't pursue it (I was in a Beatles period then). Last spring I went to Stockholm for the Time Machine Tour concert and was totally blown away. I usually don't even enjoy live music due to a lot of reasons, but this... I lack the words to describe it.

Favourites (if I must!) include Time stand still (still!), Marathon, Red Sector A, Afterimage, Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato, Subdivisions, Cygnus X-1 Book 2: Hemispheres, Jacob's ladder, Lock and key, Nobody's hero, Workin' them angels, Dreamline... And the list goes on! laugh.gif

What about you?

QUOTE (Humanoid Escapee @ Oct 9 2011, 01:02 PM)

I first heard "Time stand still" in 1997 and fell in love with Geddy's voice, but for some reason I didn't pursue it (I was in a Beatles period then). Last spring I went to Stockholm for the Time Machine Tour concert and was totally blown away. I usually don't even enjoy live music due to a lot of reasons, but this... I lack the words to describe it.

Favourites (if I must!) include Time stand still (still!), Marathon, Red Sector A, Afterimage, Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato, Subdivisions, Cygnus X-1 Book 2: Hemispheres, Jacob's ladder, Lock and key, Nobody's hero, Workin' them angels, Dreamline... And the list goes on! laugh.gif

What about you?

Aww, "Time Stand Still" was the song to hook me too! wub.gif

What about you?

Well, I've liked Rush my whole life, and wanted to go to a show on the Roll The Bones tour, but my friend and his pals went without me, even though I told him to get me a ticket and I'd pay him. I went off to college and lost track of Rush for 19 years, until they came to Syracuse last year. I went and absolutely fell in love. I went back for another show this spring (it was supposed to be two, but Toledo got postponed and I couldn't go). Hopefully I'll have better luck next tour!

I'm a synth period fan, but any Rush is fabulous! Marathon is my favorite song, and Power Windows my favorite album.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 10 2011, 04:54 PM)

What about you?

Well, I've liked Rush my whole life, and wanted to go to a show on the Roll The Bones tour, but my friend and his pals went without me, even though I told him to get me a ticket and I'd pay him. I went off to college and lost track of Rush for 19 years, until they came to Syracuse last year. I went and absolutely fell in love. I went back for another show this spring (it was supposed to be two, but Toledo got postponed and I couldn't go). Hopefully I'll have better luck next tour!

I'm a synth period fan, but any Rush is fabulous! Marathon is my favorite song, and Power Windows my favorite album.

Some friend! angry.gif