Money Is Tight! Selling My Neil Peart

RUSHHEAD666

Times are tough for many of us!

I am parting with my Neil Peart "Snakes & Arrows" snare drum on eBay.

I'm bummed, but the wife is happy.

Happy wife = happy life.

I wish all of us could make "The Big Money!"

1022.gif

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 7 2011, 05:10 AM)
Bids start at 699.99.

Yowsa.

Good luck Earl!

That thing better sound like gold if you're asking that much for it! ohmy.gif

But that's just how much musical instruments cost these days...... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

i feel for you... I had to sell all my vinyl (including complete Rush canadian anthem ) two summers ago.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 7 2011, 06:57 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 7 2011, 05:10 AM)
Bids start at 699.99.

Yowsa.

Good luck Earl!

That thing better sound like gold if you're asking that much for it! ohmy.gif

But that's just how much musical instruments cost these days...... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Hey Cocky!

699 USD isn't that bad. The snare retails for 899.99.

I paid 875 for it a few years ago.

I think it's a fair price. I am still taking a loss if it sells.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 6 2011, 10:42 PM)
That must be painful eh?...but you're a good man to try and make the wifey happy! trink39.gif
You might want to whore your body out in order to save the snare. Big Money!!! tongue.gif

Hahaha! Thanks buddy!! It sucks but it has to be done! Usually I'm a buyer but lately I've been a seller. I've been selling off some of my guitars too. Wendy is really happy!

I will never part with my Alex Lifeson ES-355 though! NO WAY!!

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Oct 7 2011, 10:30 AM)
i feel for you... I had to sell all my vinyl (including complete Rush canadian anthem ) two summers ago.

That's horrible news! I don't mind dumping a guitar or a snare drum but getting rid of Rush vinyl? That's got to hurt!! I could never do that!!

But we all have to do what we have to do to survive!

QUOTE (tot @ Oct 10 2011, 07:32 AM)
Hope you sell it buddy! cool.gif

Thanks Tot! It sold!!!

I've been tempted though. I didn't know that DW made a Snakes And Arrows maple shell snare.

Also the Time Machine snare looks incredible too!!

Damn!!

I need a loan!

Jesus, I'm trying to convince my other half to let me buy the Angus Young signatue SG! She said if I buy a new storm door for the house I can get whatever I want. Needless to say I just bought the damn door last week. Now she's happy so hopefully I won't hear any shit for buying the guitar! wink.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Oct 10 2011, 11:06 PM)
Jesus, I'm trying to convince my other half to let me buy the Angus Young signatue SG! She said if I buy a new storm door for the house I can get whatever I want. Needless to say I just bought the damn door last week. Now she's happy so hopefully I won't hear any shit for buying the guitar! wink.gif

You are a smart man!!! I need to put some money into our house too yet there was a knock on the door tonight from UPS.

I picked up the new Paul Reed guitar inspired by Mikael Akerfeldt! The guitar actually has the OPETH logo on the body!! It's beautiful.

I need help!!

Time to sell something else.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 11 2011, 01:19 AM)

You are a smart man!!! I need to put some money into our house too yet there was a knock on the door tonight from UPS.

I picked up the new Paul Reed guitar inspired by Mikael Akerfeldt! The guitar actually has the OPETH logo on the body!! It's beautiful.

I need help!!

Damn bud, nice guitar! Just finished listening to Watershed for the second time tonight! Can't get enough of it. Anyways, that's my problem. Whatever I want to buy there's always something for the house I can put my money towards. She always seems to remind me of that. Haven't bought the guitar yet, but very soon it will be mine! Then, a new amp. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Oct 10 2011, 11:24 PM)

I need help!!

Damn bud, nice guitar! Just finished listening to Watershed for the second time tonight! Can't get enough of it. Anyways, that's my problem. Whatever I want to buy there's always something for the house I can put my money towards. She always seems to remind me of that. Haven't bought the guitar yet, but very soon it will be mine! Then, a new amp. tongue.gif

Right on!!

"Watershed" rules!!! I have that cd going into my stereo tomorrow!!

It really is an epic record and it was the start of the new sound of Opeth.

The diehards from the past still got their screaming vocal shit yet the newer fans got the other side of Opeth.

I have every Opeth record and they are the only band I can handle with that growling shit.

"Blackwater Park" is brilliant too. Steven Wilson must have something to do with it. LOL!

"Ghost Reveries" is a masterpiece too.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 11 2011, 01:30 AM)

I need help!!

Right on!!

The diehards from the past still got their screaming vocal shit yet the newer fans got the other side of Opeth.

I have every Opeth record and they are the only band I can handle with that growling shit.

"Blackwater Park" is brilliant too. Steven Wilson must have something to do with it. LOL!

I saw them on the Ghost Reveries tour and they were amazing! I was a little put off by the growling but I could get passed it because they were so tight musically. Funny you should bring up Blackwater Park- I just ordered it a few hours ago! Jesus, I don't know what happened to me but I'm completely obsessed with Opeth lately. I saw the Royal Albert Hall dvd the other day and I think I may get it. Is it any good? trink39.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Oct 10 2011, 11:36 PM)

I need help!!

Right on!!

I saw them on the Ghost Reveries tour and they were amazing! I was a little put off by the growling but I could get passed it because they were so tight musically. Funny you should bring up Blackwater Park- I just ordered it a few hours ago! Jesus, I don't know what happened to me but I'm completely obsessed with Opeth lately. I saw the Royal Albert Hall dvd the other day and I think I may get it. Is it any good? trink39.gif

You my friend are lucky!! I'm still an Opeth Virgin!!

They are coming here on the 18th and it's sold out. Wendy doesn't want to go.

I might have to get a single ticket!

You must get that dvd 77!! It's excellent!!

Money is tight like a snare drum and I don't think I can afford a GA Opeth ticket.

Hey it just dawned on me, this is my thread not Duck's!

I love hijacking off!!

PROG ON!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 11 2011, 01:45 AM)

I need help!!

Right on!!

Money is tight like a snare drum and I don't think I can afford a GA Opeth ticket.

I love hijacking off!!

PROG ON!

I wish I could see them now, unfortunately they're not coming anywhere near me. When I saw them my future brother in law was a fan and had an extra ticket. I never even heard of them at that point but i went anyways. They were great- even though I didn't know one song! The dvd will soon be mine. I'm gonna wait until I get Blackwater Park so I can get familiar with it because it's performed in it's entirety on the dvd, right? Oh, don't feel bad as I've gone to plenty of shows by myself too! It sucks and I feel like a loser, but it's better than not seeing the band at all. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Oct 10 2011, 11:52 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 11 2011, 01:45 AM)

I need help!!

Right on!!

I love hijacking off!!

PROG ON!

I wish I could see them now, unfortunately they're not coming anywhere near me. When I saw them my future brother in law was a fan and had an extra ticket. I never even heard of them at that point but i went anyways. They were great- even though I didn't know one song! The dvd will soon be mine. I'm gonna wait until I get Blackwater Park so I can get familiar with it because it's performed in it's entirety on the dvd, right? Oh, don't feel bad as I've gone to plenty of shows by myself too! It sucks and I feel like a loser, but it's better than not seeing the band at all. tongue.gif

No doubt bud!!

It sucks going to concerts alone but I still do it.

Hell Wendy HATES Judas Priest so I took advantage of that situation and bought a single front row seat at the Concord Pavilion for Priest, Lizzy and Black Label Society!

I am pumped!!!!

That gig is on the 27th. Then on the 29th I am taking Wendy to see Primus at the Greek in Berkeley!

Claypool's favorite venue in all of the world!!!

Can't wait!!

Life is short. Rock out with your cock out!!!

Music is the spice of life!!

No wonder we are still so young.

Signed,

"Dreamline" wink.gif

Congrats Earl on selling the drum! smile.gif

My comment on instruments being so expensive was not directed at you in particular, but as a general statement.

I'm a drummer, but I can't bring myself to pay more than $100 for a snare yet. I just can't.

About 2 years ago, I actually found an excellent NEW stainless steel shell snare on eBay, and for a winning bid of $54 I snagged it. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 11 2011, 06:10 AM)
Congrats Earl on selling the drum! smile.gif

My comment on instruments being so expensive was not directed at you in particular, but as a general statement.

I'm a drummer, but I can't bring myself to pay more than $100 for a snare yet. I just can't.

About 2 years ago, I actually found an excellent NEW stainless steel shell snare on eBay, and for a winning bid of $54 I snagged it. smile.gif

I totally understand Cocky! It's all good!

The buyer sent me the Paypal payment today.

Sadly I am starting to box the snare up.

Oh well I still have an R30 snare.

That one is unused. I will never part with that one!

Cheers! 1287.gif