Worst concert you ever saw??

reani14

Morrissey - June 3, 2007 Embarcadero and diego -

After just 40 minute Moz walked off stage after complaining numerous times about the sound quality. Apparently he could hear himself and so just gave up at the end tossing the Mic to a girl in the front row and said "you'll sound better" right in the middle of how soon is now - Yeah he is a diva -

Two years later he performed at the Copely Hall in San Diego i had front row and it was the second best concert i have ever been to - He played for close to 2 hours and apologized to us profusely for his last visitand made up for it he did -

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 10 2011, 05:27 PM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Oct 10 2011, 02:28 PM)
I hate to say this, because I really do love the band, but Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime II show was an unmitigated disaster!  They were trying way too hard to tell the story through theatrics on stage.  They didn't let the music speak for itself.  I wasn't a huge fan of OMII but it would have been MUCH better without Geoff's attempted acting.  Cringe worthy!!

I last saw them when they were touring just before O:MII came out, at the House of Blues in Orlando. They did a bunch of random stuff then O:M in its entirety, with theatrics - and it was really good. There were some cheesy parts, but overall, it was pretty good. At the end, they announced O:MII and the place went nuts.

Little did we know... eh.gif b_sigh.gif

Yeah, the album and the accompanying show were probably the biggest disappointments of last decade. I had such high hopes for both. They even dicked up the first part of the show (where they played the original OM all the way through). All that acting and set changing was just way too cheesy. A true Spinal Tap moment if there ever was one.

QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ Oct 5 2011, 12:05 PM)
Mine was Ozzy at the War Memorial Stadium in Florida in 1990. He walked on stage, said we were too rowdy and then left! Didn't even sing a note.

Did I mention we trashed that arena as we left?

I laughed, very hard after seeing this post. Oh god!

DIO - Sacred Heart Tour, Meadowlands, NJ 1985. Fans were throwing fireworks in the arena and RJD has to chastise them numerous times, one time actually stopping the show, leaving the stage. Totally ruined the vibe of the show.

Not to mention the silly part of the show where Dio killed a dragon....

Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Oct 7 2011, 03:39 PM)
QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Oct 7 2011, 05:18 AM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Oct 6 2011, 05:13 PM)

Kiss on the Animalize tour. I know a lot of folks here love these guys and I had seen them in '76 and they were totally excellent. But by '83 they were without makeup, without Peter and Ace and without any "oomph". They spent literally half their time on stage talking/bullshitting and when they did play it was uninspired.

I saw them on that tour too and it sucked...exactly as described.

I saw that tour and ours was quite good , it was a couple days before they shot the dvd.

REO Speedwagon was the only disappointment for me back in '82 , just lifeless and dull and they played less than 90 minutes.

Also saw REO on New Year's Eve 1980 and it was great , Kevin Cronin sang his ass off...not that awful nasal thing he does now. 062802puke_prv.gif

I saw Animalize as well, with WASP opening. One of the best 80s metal shows Ive ever seen.

QUOTE (raptorcox @ Oct 10 2011, 02:48 PM)
System of a Down - HOB, Myrtle Beach, SC (2000)

Incubus was at the show, that was the only highlight. I had to drag my wife there also. Mr. Bungle was the opening act, and the fans booed mostly.

say it aint so!! sad.gif

I have seen a fair number of shows since I started going to concerts in 1986. Most of them have ranged from ok to great. Unfortunately their have been a few stinkers. They include:

1. GNR & Aerosmith in 1988 at SPAC. Massive attendance, very hot and humid. Near the end of GNR's set somebody tossed something that almost his Axl and he stormed off. End of their set but at least they were ok. Disappointing cause we all expected a great show but at least ok.

Aerosmith just sucked. They were flat & really boring. Some people were yelling "Play the new stuff". Others were yelling "Play the old stuff". Did not matter if the stuff they played was new or old. They were just bad. Fights all over the place.

2. Early 90's (90 - 92?), Firehouse & Tesla at SPAC. Firehouse was GREAT! Tesla I liked and who I had seen in the fall of 87 as an opening act for Def Leopard in Rochester NY (both bands were really good), was incredibly boring. Walked out on them

3. Same Year as the Vapor Trails tour I saw Bad Co. & Foreigner at SPAC. Bad Co. was good (I have seen them 3 times and they have always been good). Foreigner sucked. Singers voice was horrible. People were just leaving the show in hordes. We stayed longer then most and finally walked out.

The good Bad Co. show were in the Times Union Center in Albany NY with The Dam Yankees and under a festival tent in Rochester NY with 38 Special. That was one of the best (non Rush) shows I have ever seen. If you ever get the chance to see 38 Special take it. All 3 times I have seen them they were great. The other 2 shows were (1) as an opening act for REO Speedwagon and Styx and (2) headlining a festival with The Outlaws, The Marshal Tucker Band and The Fab Thunderbirds. That was another one of the best non Rush shows I have ever seen.

4. Early 2000's. Saw Kiss and Aerosmith at the Times Union Center in Albany NY. Kiss was real good but Aerosmith sucked massively. Will never see them again, even if it was for free.

5. Summer of 2011. Saw Poison and Motley Crue at SPAC. Poison was very, very good. I have seen them 3 times and they have always been very good. (one of the other shows was at SPAC with Def Leopard - both bands were real good, the other show, also at SPAC was with Quiet Riot and Warrant, Quiet Riot was real good, Warrant was ok). I was never much into Motley Crue and went hoping for a pleasant surprise (plus to see Poison). Motley Crue just stunk and I, plus a lot of other people walked out.

6. Summer of 1988 at SPAC I saw Def Leopard and Europe 062802puke_prv.gif Sound system was all messed up, tons of teenage girls screaming like it was The Beatles. Europe stunk. Stayed for the entire show but it was just a bad show. Sad cause I saw Def Leopard earlier on the tour with Tesla and it was a good show (fall of 87), i saw them with Heart at SPAC last summer and that was a good show, saw the with Poison once (again a good show) and in 92-93 I saw them on their own in Rochester NY and that was a good show.

I guess it was just a bad night.

Based on this, the groups I won't have anything to do with are Motley Crue, Foreigner & Aerosmith.

I'd have to say the worst was Megadeth in 2009. Megadeth, Machine Head and Arcanium were all great but the band that brought the show down a tad was Suicide Silence. They were just terrible. I honestly don't see how that hardcore crap is popular

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jan 13 2012, 02:06 AM)
I saw Ozzy in the mid 90's and he was f***ing terrible! The worst show I saw - maybe. 062802puke_prv.gif

Thats a real pity. How the mighty have fallen!!

I saw Ozzy twice in the late 80's early 90's. The first was at the Glens Falls Civic Center with Vixen and White Lion opening. I did not expect much from Vixen and while they were nothing great, they were not horrible either. Typical opening act. Ho-hum. White Lion was solid and good. Ozzy was good but nothing special.

The second time was on the "No more Tours, Tour" at SPAC with Ugly Kid Joe and Moterhead. Ugly Kid Joe was bad, Moterhead was ho-hum, nothing special. Ozzy was very, very good. More than saved the overall show.

Seems like Ozzy should have kept his promise and stopped touring at that point.

I went to see Mayhem, Anaal Nathrak and Dragged Into Sunlight (almost entirely for the latter two).

Anyway, it was in late December, so it had snowed quite a lot. This meant, unfortunately, that Anaal Narthrak couldn't make it to the venue in time.

That in itself is pretty bad - they were 40% of the reason I came, but at least Dragged Into Sunlight would still play, right?

Well, they traveled for 14 hours in the snow, only to be told that they couldn't play, because the drummer from Mayhem decided he needed 1 hour for his sound check. This meant that Dragged Into Sunlight were pulled from the bill, despite being there on time to perform, so that Mayhem could play a full set before curfew.

So it's been 3 HOURS since doors opened before Mayhem finally decide to come on, with none of the support acts billed having played. They finally come on and play some stuff off their best album, which is a good start, but the sound is pretty bad, and you could barely make out the guitars (despite sound checking for over an hour!) As the show goes on, the bassist starts to get pissed off with the crowd as they aren't best pleased with how the night has gone so far, and the setlist doesn't really help either - as they insisted on playing mostly newer stuff, which is pretty terrible washed up Black Metal.

The only remotely good part of the whole thing was that the drummer, Hellhammer, was really tight, and his kit sounded great, despite the rest of the band being rubbish. But then again, it would have taken the piss just a little if he wasn't, considering it cost an absolutely amazing up and coming band to miss their slot.

The whole set lasted less than an hour, and they don't bother with an encore.

Even ignoring the fact that it was such a bitch to travel to the venue due to the snowy weather it was far and away the worst concert I've been to, and I doubt i'll ever top it.

That turned out to be a bit of an essay! wacko.gif

Edited by J0N