Jerry Rice

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2063837

He may not be as great as he was once but NOBODY beats him as far as having the passion to play football...He would be a great addition as a role player and can only be a great access to any lockerroom....He won a Super Bowl with Shanahan when he was offensive co-ordinator with Niners in 1994...Also in phenomenal shape for a 42 year old guy

He was a great player & could be a great mentor. I would like to see him go out now before he embarasses himself, kind of like Montana & Henderson did. I realize he's a competitor, but he should go out on a decent note.

Sadder still to watch it die

Than never to have known it...

QUOTE (Digital Man @ May 26 2005, 02:28 PM)
He was a great player & could be a great mentor. I would like to see him go out now before he embarasses himself, kind of like Montana & Henderson did. I realize he's a competitor, but he should go out on a decent note.

I don't think he is going to embarass himself. After all it's just for a reserve spot. I just think he's got such a great love for the game and such passion that he just wants one more year of it. I'm sure he'll be fine. It would've been kind of cool if he returned to SF and retire a Niner but the whole rebuilding thing kinds of rule that out.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ May 26 2005, 08:28 PM)

Sorry Testy but I have to agree with Digi Man, I think Jerry's past it now, ok he has immense knowledge and experience of the game to pass on, in my opinion he would be better passing that on in a coaching capacity. There is a new generation of wide receiver coming to the fore in the last year or so, bigger, stronger, faster and athletic, with their fair share of natural talent too yes.gif

Guest ftworthtexan
I hope that I'm doing this right. I'm not exactly the most savvy computer guy on earth. Anyway, Rice still may have enough in the tank to make a good number three receiver. You only live once, so he might as well see if you can contribute. He's never really had a serious injury and it may take one for him to finally hang it up.

Archived