The Thing (2011)

Del_Duio

I'm surprised nobody's been talking about this movie prequel seeing as how beloved John Carpenter's 1982 movie is (myself included here!)

So it's supposed to be what happens to the Norwiegens, right? Funny all the people in the recent trailers on TV don't sound foreign at all. I hope that's not a bad sign of an upcoming needlessly-made suckfest sad.gif

Edited by Del_Duio

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Sep 30 2011, 11:28 AM)
I'm surprised nobody's been talking about this movie prequel seeing as how beloved John Carpenter's 1982 movie is (myself included here!)

So it's supposed to be what happens to the Norwiegens, right? Funny all the people in the recent trailers on TV don't sound foreign at all. I hope that's not a bad sign of an upcoming needlessly-made suckfest sad.gif

No...I feel that the Norwegians' predicament is better left unfilmed. It's better left to the imagination. They drug it out of the ship and examined it, it thawed, they caught it in the act, tried to kill it, ect.

From the TV spot I saw, it looks like their changing the nature of the creature to be more easily digested by a modern audience.

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 30 2011, 08:39 PM)
Is nothing sacred?

Well, it's not a remake but a prequel, which is no worse than a great film with a litany of shitty sequels when you think about it. But it's not the same "characters" played by different actors, like Van Sant remaking Psycho. (It only appears that way). wink.gif

Edited by Presto-digitation