RUSH snubbed again by RNR Hall of Shame !

Oziumrules

Here is the answer:

Rush fans sue them for FALSE ADVERTISING!

It is NOT the rock and roll hof, it is the POP MUSIC hof.

I want my money back, "I walked in there expecting to see ROCK AND ROLL and I saw ______________ instead."

:-)

I'm not serious btw

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Beastie Boys? The Cure? Joan Jett? Rufus and Chaka khan? Their combined influences on rock music has the same significance as a Flea on a dogs @ss! Chaka Khan? That's not even Rock and Roll, who in the hell wants to be in that company anyway!

What the hell? Did Alex inpregnate one of the Hall of fame's presidents duaghters?

062802puke_prv.gif

We the people need to start a new hall a Fame!

The Prog- Rock Fame Hall of Fame:

First inductees:

Rush, Pink Floyd, Yes, Genesis and ELP!

Anytakers? sarcasm.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I would love to know what their reasoning is for this consistent decision. What criteria is Rush NOT meeting that, say, Joan Jett has? Who is she sucking off to get on this list?

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 27 2011, 10:33 AM)
The Beastie Boys? The Cure? Joan Jett? Rufus and Chaka khan? Their combined influences on rock music has the same significance as a Flea on a dogs @ss! Chaka Khan? That's not even Rock and Roll, who in the hell wants to be in that company anyway!

What the hell? Did Alex inpregnate one of the Hall of fame's presidents duaghters?

062802puke_prv.gif

We the people need to start a new hall a Fame!

The Prog- Rock Fame Hall of Fame:

First inductees:

Rush, Pink Floyd, Yes, Genesis and ELP!

Anytakers? sarcasm.gif

Also Jethro Tull, The Moody Blues, King Crimson, Deep Purple, Camel, Caravan, Gentle Giant, Van der Graff Generator, Roxy Music, PFM, Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso, Le Orme, Nektar, Ange, Soft Machine, Robert Wyatt, Gong, Popol Vuh, Can, Faust, Amon Duul II, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Magma, Steve Hillage, Brian Eno, Heldon, etc. wink.gif

Now THAT would be a f*cking hall of fame I could be proud of! yes.gif biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 27 2011, 01:38 PM)
I would love to know what their reasoning is for this consistent decision. What criteria is Rush NOT meeting that, say, Joan Jett has? Who is she sucking off to get on this list?

It is said by the committee that Rush has never been relevant in the mainstream.

In other words, they weren't a fad, they didn't contribute anything of substance to mainstream Rock & Roll.

In other words:

http://radioactiveliberty.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/billy-mays-pile.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how in the heck KISS is not in yet. KISS are even more well known than Rush and have had a big influence on culture as well. Both KISS and Rush have sold a ton of records over their careers and are legendary live performers. Rush are kind of a prog band and the RRHOF doesn't like prog bands so if you can point to one thing that could be it. But KISS is not prog? I think the KISS snub baffles me the most.

A friend of mine asked me the other day why I believe the RNRHOF is a joke. He doesn't really follow music that much, but this is what I told him.

It's called the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Madonna was inducted before Black Sabbath!

He understood completely.

Why do people care about this shit?? confused13.gif

You like RUSH, I like RUSH and bunch of other people, like millions around the world, like RUSH. Why does anyone care if a bunch of goat-f***ing, donkey knob-sucking suits on a frontal lobotomy survivors panel like them?

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 27 2011, 10:59 AM)
Why do people care about this shit?? confused13.gif

You like RUSH, I like RUSH and bunch of other people, like millions around the world, like RUSH. Why does anyone care if a bunch of goat-f***ing, donkey knob-sucking suits on a frontal lobotomy survivors panel like them?

trink38.gif

The problem I have with your statement is you imply that everyone on the panel f*cks goats, sucks on donkey knobs and are frontal lobotomy survivors, and while everyone on the committee fits one of those criteria, I don't think any of them fit all three. Perhaps I'm nitpicking here, but if we're going to throw those people under the bus, let's at least strive for a modicum of accuracy.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 27 2011, 01:11 PM)
Why do people care about this shit??  confused13.gif

trink38.gif

The problem I have with your statement is you imply that everyone on the panel f*cks goats, sucks on donkey knobs and are frontal lobotomy survivors, and while everyone on the committee fits one of those criteria, I don't think any of them fit all three. Perhaps I'm nitpicking here, but if we're going to throw those people under the bus, let's at least strive for a modicum of accuracy.

wacko.gif unsure.gif ph34r.gif cool10.gif

Forumers:

I have accepted the fact that they will probably not get in - ever.

It's annoying that we really don't know what the backstory is and its a damned shame that they won't be in it - although we all know that they deserve to be there and should have been in a long time ago.

It is most unfortunate that the music industry has not recognized Rush in some way deserving of all their efforts. Their musicianship is like no other.

It is also unfortunate that the Hall has completly abandoned the purpose of what it was created for in the first place: the celebration of the genre of Rock and Roll. It is now a venue of the acceptance and glorification of worthless drivel.

Regards,

Librarian bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Sep 27 2011, 02:58 PM)
Forumers:

I have accepted the fact that they will probably not get in - ever.

It's annoying that we really don't know what the backstory is and its a damned shame that they won't be in it - although we all know that they deserve to be there and should have been in a long time ago.

It is most unfortunate that the music industry has not recognized Rush in some way deserving of all their efforts. Their musicianship is like no other.

It is also unfortunate that the Hall has completly abandoned the purpose of what it was created for in the first place: the celebration of the genre of Rock and Roll. It is now a venue of the acceptance and glorification of worthless drivel.

Regards,
Librarian bekloppt.gif

Well said!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/50sclap.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 27 2011, 02:11 PM)
Why do people care about this shit??  confused13.gif

trink38.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif

Pearl Jam and Nirvana are only 5 years away and Still, there will be no Rush, Kiss , Purple ect. Just sit back , relax and laugh your ass off trink39.gif