Nightwish

physics23

Wow! 24 pages dedicated to a band of boredom and cliches.

I just watched their movie on blu-ray and posted a useless thread about it.

Complete CHEESE.

Sorry!

It's OK I think half what you rave about is pathetic.

Complete CHEESE.

Sorry!

Boredom and cliches huh? So Earl, how many Nightwish albums have you heard? I mean to come to that conclusion you must have heard the band's music right?

Oh, you're basing this on some random movie they did that even I as a huge didn't care enough about to see. That's not exactly the best way to judge a band and their music, is it?

That's OK, I think Steel Panther is the drizzling shits and you don't like Nightwish, so we're even.

• Like 2

Complete CHEESE.

Sorry!

Boredom and cliches huh? So Earl, how many Nightwish albums have you heard? I mean to come to that conclusion you must have heard the band's music right?

Oh, you're basing this on some random movie they did that even I as a huge didn't care enough about to see. That's not exactly the best way to judge a band and their music, is it?

That's OK, I think Steel Panther is the drizzling shits and you don't like Nightwish, so we're even.

Exactly.

If I don't like something, I move on. I even respect the threads he makes of bands/albums I cannot stand. But hey, what's a forum without a troll?

• Like 1

Brilliant song! :haz:

http://youtu.be/zPonioDYnoY

I liked it from day one. Loved it as soon as I heard it on the album. Truly came to life as a piece of the jigsaw!

Endless Forms Most Beautiful remains my absolute favourite album of the year so far. In the last three years, maybe as much as five, no new release has come close to matching it for me.

And its not even my favourite Nightwish album!

• Like 1

Complete CHEESE.

Sorry!

HAHAHA!! Ok Ok! Fair enough! We are even!

I did try to get into this band a few years ago and couldn't do it however I haven't heard any of their albums since so perhaps I jumped the gun. Jumped the shark?

Steel Panther are classless and dirty.

Damn I love them so! LOL!

Complete CHEESE.

Sorry!

Exactly.

If I don't like something, I move on. I even respect the threads he makes of bands/albums I cannot stand. But hey, what's a forum without a troll?

I can't move on. I'm not wired that way! I have no filter and sometimes I go to far. That's life. That's me!

I've been on this forum for 9 years. Not bad for a TROLL!

My middle name is "No Respect."

Signed,

Rodney Dangerfield

Segue, you said in another thread that you're the only person you know of that still listens to Nightwish. Have other fans you've known just bail on them because of the singer changes mainly? Or did it have to do with the songwriting? I can't see why fans of Tarja wouldn't be impressed by Floor and want to give the band another shot now.

They're still headlining festivals and filling arenas over in Europe. So, obviously they still have a very strong fanbase there and it seems that much like Rush the bulk of them are in it for the long haul if they can still play the bigger venues.

Speaking of playing the bigger venues, I was checking out some videos of their shows in Europe and holy flaming swords of fire do they have a lot of pyro going on. One of the dragons from Game Of Thrones must be hiding behind the stage helping them out.

This is just amazing here:

EDIT: video of Weak Fantasy from Hellfest, not embedding though :huh:

Edited by J2112YYZ

I think most listeners I know stopped when Tarja left, and listened only to the singles off following albums before abandoning them.

In all honesty I liked them, until DPP came out, and I loved them!

Tarja was great in her own way, but I think it fair to say you cannot do nearly as much with her voice as you can either Anette or Floor.

Tarja would have ruined Slow Love Slow, and I don't even want to imagine the horror she'd inflict on Weak Fantasy.

But like I said before, this is Tuomas' band, I no longer care who sings it as long as his writing is top notch!

I think most listeners I know stopped when Tarja left, and listened only to the singles off following albums before abandoning them.

Tarja was great in her own way, but I think it fair to say you cannot do nearly as much with her voice as you can either Anette or Floor.

Tarja would have ruined Slow Love Slow, and I don't even want to imagine the horror she'd inflict on Weak Fantasy.

But like I said before, this is Tuomas' band, I no longer care who sings it as long as his writing is top notch!

I actually got into Nightwish a totally different way. I was looking at version of "Over the Hills and far away" by Led Zep when I came across Nightwish with Tarja. I just kept hitting play again and again as I was just blown away. Eventually I started to dig around more and for some rason I got the impression that Annette was their first singer and then they got Tarja. My reaction was "man, what an improvement!! Annette was not bad but Tarja - WOW!". When I figured out it was the reverse I was like "What?! Why did they do that?! And if they were going t do that why did they not get this chick named Floor for their band. Her groups stick but her voice is great!! She would be the perfect fit."

Got DPP when it came out and was not thrilled by it. Not turned off but not really turned on. Once Floor joined the band I felt bad for Annette - worked hard and took a lot of spit for not being Tarja but I just did not think she was a good fit for the group. The picked up the Live at Wacken DVD and was blown away.

Hopefully she stays for a long time. Thomas is a great song writer but he needs a great singer to make it work. And he has one now.

Hope they film the London show - that would make for a great DVD. Of course most any Nightwish show would.

One last word - if / when they come back to the NYC area or upstate NY I really hope by some miracle they play out doors. My ears have still not fully recovered from seeing them indoors. Dam that was a loud show. But good.

I actually got into Nightwish a totally different way. I was looking at version of "Over the Hills and far away" by Led Zep when I came across Nightwish with Tarja. I just kept hitting play again and again as I was just blown away. Eventually I started to dig around more and for some rason I got the impression that Annette was their first singer and then they got Tarja. My reaction was "man, what an improvement!! Annette was not bad but Tarja - WOW!". When I figured out it was the reverse I was like "What?! Why did they do that?! And if they were going t do that why did they not get this chick named Floor for their band. Her groups stick but her voice is great!! She would be the perfect fit."

Got DPP when it came out and was not thrilled by it. Not turned off but not really turned on. Once Floor joined the band I felt bad for Annette - worked hard and took a lot of spit for not being Tarja but I just did not think she was a good fit for the group. The picked up the Live at Wacken DVD and was blown away.

Hopefully she stays for a long time. Thomas is a great song writer but he needs a great singer to make it work. And he has one now.

Hope they film the London show - that would make for a great DVD. Of course most any Nightwish show would.

One last word - if / when they come back to the NYC area or upstate NY I really hope by some miracle they play out doors. My ears have still not fully recovered from seeing them indoors. Dam that was a loud show. But good.

Your opinion is very interesting, but I truly love Anette and I still think her era was my favourite.

But interesting way to discover Nightwish!

Your opinion is very interesting, but I truly love Anette and I still think her era was my favourite.

Yeah, I can remember thinking "This is probably some garage / doom/ death metal group slaughtering a fine Led Zep tune. But let me give it a 30 second try." The I was just like "Play it again. Play it again. Play it again. Who are these guys?? Why haven't I heard of them?? This is incredible!"

So glad I final got to see them live - and on the opening night of their tour. But like I said several times, man was it a loud show!! So envious of you folks in Europe who get to see them outdoors. So hope they film another DVD. Enjoy!!!

P.S. - I may like Tarja and Floor more but I really do feel bad for Annette. Stepped into a bad situation with some big shoes to fill and did, what I feel, was a decent job and took a lot of hate for no reason. No hate from me, just like the other more. Enjoy them when you get to see them!!

Edited by TheAccountant
  • Like 1

Yeah, I can remember thinking "This is probably some garage / doom/ death metal group slaughtering a fine Led Zep tune. But let me give it a 30 second try." The I was just like "Play it again. Play it again. Play it again. Who are these guys?? Why haven't I heard of them?? This is incredible!"

So glad I final got to see them live - and on the opening night of their tour. But like I said several times, man was it a loud show!! So envious of you folks in Europe who get to see them outdoors. So hope they film another DVD. Enjoy!!!

P.S. - I may like Tarja and Floor more but I really do feel bad for Annette. Stepped into a bad situation with some big shoes to fill and did, what I feel, was a decent job and took a lot of hate for no reason. No hate from me, just like the other more. Enjoy them when you get to see them!!

I cannot wait for December! Even stopped listening to them with the hope that the excitement will dip forna while haha

Segue, are you still seeing them next month? If so, is it the Wembley arena show? I read yesterday that the show is now sold out.

I am yes! I still have two tickets going spare, but I can find no one to buy them!

Segue, are you still seeing them next month? If so, is it the Wembley arena show? I read yesterday that the show is now sold out.

I am yes! I still have two tickets going spare, but I can find no one to buy them!

Well, now that it's sold out you may be able to. Are you trying to sell them on the internet?

• Like 1

Well, now that it's sold out you may be able to. Are you trying to sell them on the internet?

Yeah! Not sure how best to go about it. Any suggestions?!

I bought two tickets, only to be included in a group trip a week later! So I ended up with spares.

Yeah! Not sure how best to go about it. Any suggestions?!

I bought two tickets, only to be included in a group trip a week later! So I ended up with spares.

Is StubHub a thing over in the UK? I know it's huge here. That's probably the best place to try and sell them.

• Like 1

If I were local I would take one. Dumb continent and ocean between here and there.

• Like 2