Nightwish

physics23

Yeah, there's no doubt Tuomas challenged Floor to sing in many different ranges. If you listen to what she did on the last album with her band Revamp and then listen to the new Nightwish, you can easily forget right away that this is the same person singing for both of these bands. It's a credit to Tuomas for challenging Floor to sing at ranges she doesn't normally do. But it is also a bigger credit to Floor because she is able to pull off wonderfully anything that is asked to do vocally.

I don't know how it's possible for one person to have the vocal versatility Floor does. She is truley blessed with a talent not too many vocalists have.

Well put. Totally agree with your point about Floor - thats what I was actually trying to get at actually. And yes, great point about Thomas. I think thats actually what Floor was actually trying to say on Nightwish's web cite.

My respect for Thomas as a song writer just keeps going up.

Great show opening night but my ears have STILL not totally recovered. I generally prefer outdoor shows to indoor and this confirmed it. Hope Nightwish comes around again and by some miricle plays and outdoor venue. That would be so great.

Have to get find better earplugs and let me ears rest til my next big show at the end of May - The Who (indoors in Brooklyn unfortunately).

There hasn't been one bad review of this tour so far. I forgot to mention in my review how Floor has a fan in front of her mic stand that is constantly blowing her hair. It is such a cool effect that makes her look like a mythological goddess.

Good point - I did not mention this in my review either. With that gorgeous hair blowing and her great (6 foot+?) size and her ability to change facial expressions in a flash and her magnificent voice - yes a mythological goddess is a great way to describe her.

I had never heard Sabaton before tonight but I loved them. They were fun and even made fun of themselves for all wearing matching camo pants. I need to get some of their music.

Yes, they were very funny. Their music is so over the top, but they still poke alot of fun at themselves...

Yes, opening night they were joking about being from Sweden and that Sweden is most famous for ABBA and IKEA. but that it was once feared for its Vikings.

Latter they invited some kid who was in the front row up on stage. Started asking him how old he was (10) if it was his first metal show (it was his second) and what his name was (Freddie). The entire place started chanting "Freddie, Freddie, Freddie".

The singer goes "When I was 10 I had not been to a metal show, much less 2 and I certainly had not had 4K people chanting my name". Gave the kid his sunglasses and let him stay on stage for the groups final song and let the kid be in the middle when they took there final bow.

Of course I don't have any kids but I don't thin I would take a 10 year old into a potential mosh pit at a metal show but thats another issue.

Real cool group. Using my folks dial up computer (yes, their are still dial up machines in use) I can not get You Tube but I am certain that their must be a video of this on there. Probably real cool - like the group.

A few changes to the set from last night's show. Two fantastic additions and easily the best set of the tour so far:

http://www.setlist.f...tx-bc83562.html

I'm glad I saw the Philly show.

Got Nemo and IWMTB (both of which I really love)

I do too, but neither one of those are in the same league as The Poet and The Pendulum. I like Dead To The World better than those two as well.

Here it is!! Floor singing The Poet and The Pendulum!!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

My favourite Nightwish song! At last! I will watch this later today...is the audio good quality?

My favourite Nightwish song! At last! I will watch this later today...is the audio good quality?

Yes, the quality is good. Wait until year hear her do the higher parts of the song :clap:

• Like 1

Yes, the quality is good. Wait until year hear her do the higher parts of the song :clap:

This is probably too much information, but when I return from the toilet I shall give this a go!

Amazing!

I really hope they play this one at Wembley!

I'm just sad that it wasn't in the set from the beginning of the tour though. I saw them play it twice on the DPP tour but to witness Floor do it live would have been a dream come true.

But look at the set now, TPATP, GLS, GSOE, Stargazers, Sleeping Sun all in the same show. WOW!!!

I'm just sad that it wasn't in the set from the beginning of the tour though. I saw them play it twice on the DPP tour but to witness Floor do it live would have been a dream come true.

But look at the set now, TPATP, GLS, GSOE, Stargazers, Sleeping Sun all in the same show. WOW!!!

I will not slate Anette, but she never nailed this one live, especially the fragile beauty of the Mother section.

Floor...I was really into it, then BAM she sings that last section, and I want to weep. She is a star talent, and as of this moment she will continue to be known as my favourite Nightwish singer. She has a phenomenal range, but the depth of emotion in this song was fully explored, and presented perfectly. This needs to be a permanent fixture, this is indeed a song for the ages and I want her to always sing it.

• Like 1

I will not slate Anette, but she never nailed this one live, especially the fragile beauty of the Mother section.

Floor...I was really into it, then BAM she sings that last section, and I want to weep. She is a star talent, and as of this moment she will continue to be known as my favourite Nightwish singer. She has a phenomenal range, but the depth of emotion in this song was fully explored, and presented perfectly. This needs to be a permanent fixture, this is indeed a song for the ages and I want her to always sing it.

I almost cried to when she was singing in her opera voice, so beautiful. I'm a guy who hides my emotions well, so for someone's singing to almost bring me to tears means that vocalist is something very special.

• Like 1

I almost cried to when she was singing in her opera voice, so beautiful. I'm a guy who hides my emotions well, so for someone's singing to almost bring me to tears means that vocalist is something very special.

I am so glad she made it intobthis band, her two previous bands do little for me but I always liked her! She is a star, and what is great is how the vast majority of the Nightwish fanbase is happy with her. Anette I loved, but floor blows everyone out of the water!

Nightwish have years left in them yet. I just hope Floor is the right fit this time, and stays for good!

• Like 1

I once read something online that Floor is who they wanted to get after Tarja was fired. But she had album/tour commitments with After Forever and couldn't do it. With the way Floor stepped in right away after Annette was let go makes me really think they were just waiting for her to become available and knew they would get her at some point. I mean Floor replaced Annette so fast, they didn't even miss a date on the tour. Floor came in and knew all the songs immediately. Whatever the circumstances were with Annette's dismissal, all the evidence points to the band and Floor knowing Annette wouldn't be sticking around much longer. Edited by J2112YYZ

I once read something online that Floor is who they wanted to get after Tarja was fired. But she had album/tour commitments with After Forever and couldn't do it. With the way Floor stepped in right away after Annette was let go makes me really think they were just waiting for her to become available and knew they would get her at some point. I mean Floor replaced Annette so fast, they didn't miss a date on the tour. Floor came in and knew all the songs immediately. Whatever the circumstances were with Annette's dismissal, all the evidence points to the band and Floor knowing Annette wouldn't be sticking around much longer.

A part of me feels for Anette, but considering her previous band Alyson Avenue were going absolutely nowhere at all, she had an amazing break and did a fantastic job!

I think by now she may feel the same way. Without Nightwish, I doubt she would have had a career half as fruitful as this. She may have been a strange choice, but she was magic with the band.

Whatever the reasons behind her dismissal, the acquisition of Floor bettered Nightwish without taking anything away from the Anette years.

I do agree with you, I always thought along those lines regarding the taking on of Floor. But it just proves the point that this is Tuomas's baby, and he is in charge. Although I don't agree with many of the bands business decisions, the music itself has never truly suffered because of it!

• Like 1

They've started touring Europe, I should check out youtube videos from it.

Floor has become my Goddess since she's joined them.

Nightwish and Lacuna Coil are about equal now.

But my hero from Nightwish is Tuomas. Seriously, as wonderful a singer as Floor is, Tuomas is the heart and soul of this band, and regardless of who sings, he is the sole reason I keep returning.

His songwriting is second to none.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Just bought their Endless Forms Most Beautiful digibook :dweez:

I'm trying to decide whether or not to see them at London in December.

I am going! Lol

• Like 1