Nightwish

physics23

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Oct 3 2005, 04:04 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Oct 3 2005, 06:41 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Sep 30 2005, 09:08 PM)
Who votes that TRF also changes name to "The Rush/Nightwish Forum"?
tongue.gif

No way

I just watched the video on aol.com for "Nemo", is this one of their good tunes?

JOKE!!

If you can't say anything nice,...don't say anything at all.

What I can't understand Indy, is that its obvious you don't like them, so why even bother posting in the thread? I'm sure there's plenty of music you like that others don't. There is a provision for posting threads about other bands on here, this thread is just one of them.

I never said I didn't like them. I didn't say anything bad about them although after listening to them that would be really easy. I don't understand why me asking a simple question seems to upset you. As far as changing the rush forum to nightwish/rush forum that would be silly, ok ok it's a joke, ha ha.

I'm just wondering if this is one of their good tunes, I only heard like 3 tunes from them and I don't know if I'm just picking the bad ones to listen to or if these are their good ones. I'm trying to figure out why people talk about them so much and by listening to them I can't figure that out. We all have different tastes in music. And by the way, the more I listen to them the more I think they sound like hundreds of 80's bands. I understand that I like bands that a lot of people here don't, I can't help it I have better taste than most. laugh.gif

I just seen the name of this band a million times on this forum and was trying to figure out why, that's all. No big deal. I could see if I came in this thread and said "THESE GUYS SUCK", but I didn't.

Relax, until I start totally trashing them then you shouldn't give a crap about what I think about them. Do you know how many times over the years I heard people say that Rush sucks and Geddy had a crappy voice? I overlook that crap because I know that not everyone has the same taste of music as me, that's why there's like 1,000,000 bands to choose from.

So unless I'm praising a band then I can't ask a question about them? That's silly as f**k.

..but you don't seem to make similar remarks about any other bands. Sometimes the way you say things can mean a lot. Rather than posting something constructive, they always seem to be negative things.

If I'd just listened to a track of a band I'd not heard before in a similar way you are doing, and thought it was good, bad or indifferent, I'd say what I thought about it, and wait for responses. The way you replied, implied that you were knocking them..... To quote you "is this one of their good tunes?"....well what do you think, is it?

Maybe the reason you think they sound like an 80's band is the use of the synths....which, I admit is perhaps moving in that direction, which could also be due to the fact that they are European, and Euro music has always sounded a bit like this. It tends not to find a market in Britain, but NW has definitely a niche here. The Nightwish Forum has nearly 12,500 members.

The band is best listened to LOUD and on a good stereo system. I defy you to play, on a GOOD system, loud, "Beauty of the Beast" or "Dead to the World" and say that neither sounds good. There are plenty others too.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Oct 3 2005, 12:56 PM)

If I'd just listened to a track of a band I'd not heard before in a similar way you are doing, and thought it was good, bad or indifferent, I'd say what I thought about it, and wait for responses.

If you asked a question about a band that you just heard for the first time and I knew the answer then I would answer the question and not give a shit if you liked it or not. I understand people have different tastes. If I come in a thread about a band you liked and I said something like "That crap totally SUCKS" then I could see why it may bother you a little bit. But I respect that people like different types of bands.

But if you want my honest opinion, and this is just my preference, I got annoyed with that singer real quick and if the rest of their songs had that type of vocals in the 3 that I've heard I simply couldn't handle too much of it, not that shes a sucky singer or anything but I just didn't enjoy it like I do some other music, but that's just me, that shouldn't affect anyone elses opinion. That's why I asked if that was one of their good songs, I thought maybe I could have possibly picked their 3 worse songs to listen to. Not every band is like Rush to the point that ALL of their songs are great. If you understand where I'm coming from, I'm sure ya do. Basically what I'm saying is, Rush is the ONLY band that I like 99% of everything they do. That's why I'm here.

trink39.gif

moon.gif

so we'd better stop all the other threads about all other things then, like Gridiron teams, films, other types of music, and all the other non- 2.gif related things eh? - ooh that reminds me, there's a Steelers thread here....plenty of peeps prolly don't like them. I don't think the Pittsbugh Steelers have anything to do with 2.gif at all.

I ain't getting into an argument about something so damn trivial it hurts. I crashed out of the juvenile comments on the Politics Forum because I was totally wound up over them. so pants moon.gif to you.

It doesn't bother me Indy that you don't like something...hell we can't all like everything. All that gets me is that you seem to pick on this band above all else without very good substantiation.

tongue.gif

Edited by rickyrob

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Oct 3 2005, 03:32 PM)

so we'd better stop all the other threads about all other things then, like Gridiron teams, films, other types of music, and all the other non- 2.gif related things eh? -

Why would we do something stupid like that? Because some people can't handle that not everyone likes the same thing? That's ludicrous. I really didn't think that asking a simple question would tick someone off so bad. I still never got an answer, is Nemo one of their good tunes or what? If so I will stop wasting my time trying to figure out why people like this band and realize it's not my type of music and move on LOL. Now ya understand why everyone has their own CD player in their homes. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Oct 3 2005, 01:11 PM)
That's why I asked if that was one of their good songs, I thought maybe I could have possibly picked their 3 worse songs to listen to. Not every band is like Rush to the point that ALL of their songs are great. If you understand where I'm coming from, I'm sure ya do. Basically what I'm saying is, Rush is the ONLY band that I like 99% of everything they do. That's why I'm here.
trink39.gif

OK, to clear up what I meant by this......

I was wondering if that's one of their better tunes, I only listened to 3 of their tunes, I thought maybe I picked some not so good ones. When I mentioned Rush, it was to point out that I like everything they do, and it's the only band like that for me *besides maybe zep*.....so I figured I picked some of Nightwishes not so good tunes to try them out, and maybe there were some better ones that someone could tell me about to help me understand why I see their name so much.

When I said RUSH is why I'm here, I meant they are my favorite band, and the only band I like ALL their music, and I don't expect to like EVERY song from a band I just started listening to, so I kind of figured that you would point me in the direction of some of their more BAD ASS tunes. I didn't say RUSH is the only thing that should be discussed on the forum. no.gif

I suck at explaining things, it seems that I get misunderstood a lot around here and people take things way different then how I mean them. I think people turning others on to bands they may have never heard of is an EXCELLENT idea. But by all mean, no one should expect EVERYONE to love a band just because they do. The bands I like are so diverse, for instance, I don't even like R&B but I think Alicia Keys is totally awesome, I like Heavy bands like Pantera, Slayer and I also like to listen to simple basic rock like Green day. I would NEVER expect people to like all the bands I just mentioned, some people might like half of them maybe. I totally understand that different music turns different people on, and not others. That's life, if the solar federation had their way then

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 4 2005, 04:25 AM)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/hemispheres2005/nightwish.jpg

That Pic Rocks!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Sep 22 2005, 09:18 PM)
Invest in WISHMASTER next. It took me a while to get into because i didnt lisen to it much, and man, i love that album. It just rocks. When you get it, or if you get it, play CROWNLESS, it rocks.

It's been a pretty long time since I posted anything here. I gave Nightwish a rest over the past couple of months. Today, though, I got the urge to hear them again and randomly selected Wishmaster to get back into things.

1022.gif

I can't say I'm overly keen on Wishmaster. I do try listening to it and hoping to suddenly think "its great!", but it hasn't happened to me yet unsure.gif So many peeps though, have this as their favourite NW album.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Oct 11 2005, 07:45 AM)
I can't say I'm overly keen on Wishmaster. I do try listening to it and hoping to suddenly think "its great!", but it hasn't happened to me yet unsure.gif So many peeps though, have this as their favourite NW album.

I can see why a lot of people say it's their best, but I like Oceanborn the best.

Then again, each Nightwish album is equally great.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 11 2005, 03:48 PM)
I can't say I'm overly keen on Wishmaster. I do try listening to it and hoping to suddenly think "its great!", but it hasn't happened to me yet  unsure.gif  So many peeps though, have this as their favourite NW album.

I can see why a lot of people say it's their best, but I like Oceanborn the best.

Then again, each Nightwish album is equally great.

Kazz, mine WAS Oceanborn, but now its Century Child biggrin.gif

Can't get enough of this excellent composition cool.gif

Both are great in different ways.

My favourite tracks are probably from Once, and it is close behind the other two on the whole.

QUOTE (physics23 @ Oct 11 2005, 07:28 AM)
QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Sep 22 2005, 09:18 PM)
Invest in WISHMASTER next. It took me a while to get into because i didnt lisen to it much, and man, i love that album. It just rocks. When you get it, or if you get it, play CROWNLESS, it rocks.

It's been a pretty long time since I posted anything here. I gave Nightwish a rest over the past couple of months. Today, though, I got the urge to hear them again and randomly selected Wishmaster to get back into things.

1022.gif

Very True It Does Indeed Rock 1022.gif

if you ask Kazz, Wishmaster took me forever to get into it. I would say....4 months of playing a song here or there, or a song would come on random play on my computer, but comming back from the lake one weekend with him in the car he said lets play Wishmaster, and thats when i got into it.

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Oct 12 2005, 08:54 PM)
I can't say I'm overly keen on Wishmaster. I do try listening to it and hoping to suddenly think "its great!", but it hasn't happened to me yet  unsure.gif  So many peeps though, have this as their favourite NW album.

if you ask Kazz, Wishmaster took me forever to get into it. I would say....4 months of playing a song here or there, or a song would come on random play on my computer, but comming back from the lake one weekend with him in the car he said lets play Wishmaster, and thats when i got into it.

And all it took was one listen to Crownless...

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 12 2005, 11:54 PM)

I should get wishmaster...

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Oct 13 2005, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 12 2005, 11:54 PM)

I should get wishmaster...

YES!!!!!! You should, Its one of the best Nightwish albums imo. Like i said before it took me a while to get into, but it frickin ROCKS!!!

From what peeps have said on here, it seems you either love 'em or hate 'em laugh.gif Me, personally, I can't get enough.

ranton.gif

Chac'un a son gout - is what I say tongue.gif

An example:

The thread about worst bands had in the list, Culture Club. Now, this isn't my kind of music, far from it, but at least they could play music, and it had a tune, which is more that can be said about plenty of garbage that is churned out nowadays, with meaningless lyrics and headbanging sh*t.

My idea about a 'worst' band' is one that simply can't play musical instruments for saving their lives, meaningless drivel for lyrics, and totally inept when trying to play live. Everything that Nightwish are not!

rantoff.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Oct 14 2005, 08:12 AM)
From what peeps have said on here, it seems you either love 'em or hate 'em laugh.gif Me, personally, I can't get enough.

ranton.gif
Chac'un a son gout - is what I say tongue.gif

An example:

The thread about worst bands had in the list, Culture Club. Now, this isn't my kind of music, far from it, but at least they could play music, and it had a tune, which is more that can be said about plenty of garbage that is churned out nowadays, with meaningless lyrics and headbanging sh*t.

My idea about a 'worst' band' is one that simply can't play musical instruments for saving their lives, meaningless drivel for lyrics, and totally inept when trying to play live. Everything that Nightwish are not!
rantoff.gif

All very ture. And you can still bang your head to their music, and understand whats being sung, and 4 people who have mastered their instruments

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Oct 20 2005, 11:02 PM)
Are these guys Christian rock?

Er are they Christian?

The theme is there in some of the songs.

And alot of thei themes repeat like the Beauty and Beast, and Ocean Soul.

But the child is in every other song? Is that the boy jesus, or what are they singing?

thats a very good question. Im not sure, but you could go on their forum and try to find out. and i dont know if its still up, but you can e-mail the band members!! so i would email Tuomaus and see if he he responds to your email.

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Oct 23 2005, 03:16 PM)

Er are they Christian?

The theme is there in some of the songs.

And alot of thei themes repeat like the Beauty and Beast, and Ocean Soul.

But the child is in every other song?  Is that the boy jesus, or what are they singing?

thats a very good question. Im not sure, but you could go on their forum and try to find out. and i dont know if its still up, but you can e-mail the band members!! so i would email Tuomaus and see if he he responds to your email.

unsure.gif I wouldn't think so, since one of their songs is called 'Nymphomaniac Fantasia' laugh.gif

Oh i found something awsome last night. I found The ONCE album Picture disk!!!! ITS AWSOME!!!! Ill post a pic later of it

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Oct 23 2005, 03:32 PM)
Oh i found something awsome last night. I found The ONCE album Picture disk!!!! ITS AWSOME!!!! Ill post a pic later of it

ohmy.gif

1022.gif

That's the first question I asked.