Nightwish

physics23

Hey, esmeralda and kazzman! I don't remember which of you it was who introduced me to Nightwish several weeks ago (maybe it was both of you), but I've been hooked on Once ever since. It's great music, and they even have a song about Indians with the native language, that's amazing, probably my favorite from the album. And it's refreshing to hear a female singer, especially one who sings with such energy and passion.

Just wanted to say thanks!

Also, do these guys have any videos?

Are they in some way connected to indigenous peoples?

How long have you known about them (just out of curiosity)?

Awesome. Thanks. Maybe it was Test4VitalSigns even! It's somewhere in the What are you listening to thread. smile.gif

Next time I'm at a computer and not behind a university firewall, I will PM you esmeralda. I'm curious to see what they look like when they perform.

trink39.gif

Well, I was introduced to them last summer. I was already a huge fan of the band Kamelot by then and one of my friends said that I'd like this band called Nightwish since I liked Kamelot. I went on to download the song "Planet Hell" and thought, yeah these guys are pretty good. Then I bought their album "Wishmaster..."

The videos I have are for the songs "Wish I Had an Angel" "Nemo" "Dead Boys Poem" "Over the Hills and Far Away" "Beauty and the Beast" "The Kinslayer" "She Is My Sin" and "Bless the Child"

Still haven't seen them live, yet, but I do have a couple video bootlegs of them in concert. You can definently tell by watching them that they love what they're doing.

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 19 2005, 03:40 PM)
Still haven't seen them live, yet, but I do have a couple video bootlegs of them in concert. You can definently tell by watching them that they love what they're doing.

I have to agree on that one biggrin.gif Nightwish is totally wicked 653.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 19 2005, 05:40 PM)
Well, I was introduced to them last summer. I was already a huge fan of the band Kamelot by then and one of my friends said that I'd like this band called Nightwish since I liked Kamelot.

Aren't Kamelot a 70's band that had a very successful prog-insrumental album? confused13.gif

Nevermind, I'm thinking of Camel.

Edited by physics23

QUOTE (physics23 @ May 20 2005, 05:37 AM)
Well, I was introduced to them last summer. I was already a huge fan of the band Kamelot by then and one of my friends said that I'd like this band called Nightwish since I liked Kamelot.

Aren't Kamelot a 70's band that had a very successful prog-insrumental album? confused13.gif

Ok, now you must listen to Kamelot. Songs I'd recomend are "Center of the Universe" "March of Mephisto" "Forever" "Don't You Cry" "The Fourth Legacy" "Soul Society" "Memento Mori" and "The Haunting (Somewhere In Time)."

Hell, just get the album "The Black Halo"

Yes, Kamelot is fantastico!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Kazzie got me hooked. smile.gif

Did you send me any Nightwish? confused13.gif I think you did, or was it Stratovarius?

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 20 2005, 11:06 AM)

Ok, now you must listen to Kamelot. Songs I'd recomend are "Center of the Universe" "March of Mephisto" "Forever" "Don't You Cry" "The Fourth Legacy" "Soul Society" "Memento Mori" and "The Haunting (Somewhere In Time)."

Doggone university firewall!! comp26.gif

comp26.gif comp26.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 20 2005, 11:06 AM)

Kazz is right, you h a v e to listen to Kamelot, this band is so f...king good!!

I know, I;ve seen them live twice, and had an interview with their guitarist.

They really rock.

Wow,seems like alot of you around here are into Nightwish now.

Good Job Kazz & Emmy. trink39.gif

For myself I first saw Nightwish in 2001 on the Wacken Open Air, and they sound interesting. Later that year I heard the Century Child album and was into it.

Saw them 3 times now, and I hope that the DVD boot from Braunschweig/Germany this year will be released soon. drool1.gif

Anybody know about Edenbridge???

Near to Nightwish but with a clear female vioce and more with classical touch and arrangements. Check them out.

This thread has just prompted me to try them out.........

I've just downloaded their whole 'Wishmaster' album... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

trink39.gif cheers people, this band rocks!

QUOTE (esmeralda @ May 21 2005, 10:35 PM)
Way to go Ricky!!
Try to get "Once" too! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm going to look for some more songs....or should I say rip-snorting, mind-blowing mega-tracks tomorrow. cool.gif

trink39.gif Esme take care smile.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ May 21 2005, 04:03 PM)
This thread has just prompted me to try them out.........

I've just downloaded their whole 'Wishmaster' album... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

trink39.gif cheers people, this band rocks!

Go for those too:

Oceanborn - especially Sleeping sun, Walking in the air and Moondance

Century Child - The entire album, it rocks check it out. Still my favorite

Good hunt on them biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ May 21 2005, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (esmeralda @ May 21 2005, 10:35 PM)
Way to go Ricky!!
Try to get "Once" too!  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm going to look for some more songs....or should I say rip-snorting, mind-blowing mega-tracks tomorrow. cool.gif

trink39.gif Esme take care smile.gif

Hi Ricky, are you oke? bekloppt.gif

Within Temptation is also a good band, they're Dutch and I've seen them three times now and in September again, their (female) singer has a beautiful voice too, but their music is not that heavy.

You can compare their music as rock, where Nightwish's music is metal.

Kazz got me hooked on Nightwish. I went to their website through the link in his signature and heard "Nemo." 1287.gif Nightwish rock!!! 1022.gif