Your Other Fav. Band?

cheech44

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Sep 26 2011, 01:33 PM)
Too many to name,
Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Yes, Jethro Tull, Dio, Black Sabbath, George Harrison, ELP, too hard to choose. All are tied with Rush for first. I chose to come to this forum for I felt Rush has a more intellectual fan base.

Duuuuuh, yeah. We're like smart and stuff. tongue.gif

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 26 2011, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Sep 26 2011, 01:33 PM)
Too many to name,
Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Yes, Jethro Tull, Dio, Black Sabbath, George Harrison, ELP, too hard to choose. All are tied with Rush for first. I chose to come to this forum for I felt Rush has a more intellectual fan base.

Duuuuuh, yeah. We're like smart and stuff. tongue.gif

There may be a few exceptions, but what other bands other than Maiden or Blind Guardian reference so many things in history and literature?

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 26 2011, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (RushBowler2112 @ Sep 26 2011, 04:14 PM)
Ok here comes a list that is all over the place:

Sevendust
Dream Theater
Disturbed
Jim Croce
Alter Bridge
Faith No More
Queensryche
Better Than Ezra
Filter
Marilyn Manson
Richard Marx
Megadeth
Tool
Toad the Wet Sprocket
Huey Lewis & the News
Steve Winwood

trink39.gif

Absolutely! It's a damn shame he didn't get to live long enough to make more music. Great great stuff.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Sep 26 2011, 12:42 PM)
QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Sep 26 2011, 10:05 AM)
3. Also my number one favorite female artist is Joan Osborne.  Yeah, I know what you're thinking: "Joan Osborne?  WTF?"  She's actually an extremely gifted singer.  She's made a lot of great music since "One of Us" but unfortunately she gets no airplay and no support from her label.

I guess you may know that Joan is now in the band Trigger Hippy.

I had no idea. I go to her web site periodically and there has been no mention of that. I can appreciate her wanting to play with different people from time to time but I like her best as a solo artist. Her last album "Little Wild One" was great but as I said she gets no airplay and no support from her label so I doubt that many have heard it.

Porcupine Tree

No doubt they are my favorite behind Rush. Of course I love Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. But Pocupine Tree has been an obession for me since 2007 after hearing my first taste of them driving up to Tampa to catch leg one of the Snakes Tour. I popped on Fear of a Blank Planet spraked up cool10.gif and was blown away.

It has been a love affair ever since.

Pink Floyd, they actually got me in to music. I never really searched, and I didn't like what was on the radio. It was Pigs (Three Different Ones) that hooked me, and the strangeness of their discography really got me.

That explains my avatar. hey had a giant inflatable pig for the concerts from Animals on. It became a symbol of Roger Waters departure when it got tied up in legal fights and the band put a giant genitalia on it.

Other bands that can lay claim are Porcupine Tree (and Steven Wilson in general, but his best stuff is Porcupine Tree) and Dream Theater has recently become an obsession of mine.

Also the standard cadre of Yes, The Who, Van Halen, Pearl Jam, and such that make up more of the list but it's really muddy.

QUOTE (Todem @ Sep 28 2011, 10:22 AM)
Porcupine Tree

No doubt they are my favorite behind Rush. Of course I love Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. But Pocupine Tree has been an obession for me since 2007 after hearing my first taste of them driving up to Tampa to catch leg one of the Snakes Tour. I popped on Fear of a Blank Planet spraked up cool10.gif and was blown away.

It has been a love affair ever since.

I discovered Porcupine Tree thanks to another (now defunct) Rush board.

They were an absolute revelation.

I've collected everything from Signify on, and I've seen them twice in concert.

Without a doubt, they are #2 behind the Holy Trinity.

1022.gif

trink39.gif

As of right now, my list goes like this:

1. Rush

2. Porcupine Tree/Iron Maiden

3. Steven Wilson (Solo/Blackfield/Bass Communion/No Man)

4. Sonata Arctica

5. Opeth

Others include, Dream Theater, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Who, Foo Fighters, Sunn O))), Dream Theater, The Smiths, Nirvana, Japan, Blue Oyster Cult etc.

QUOTE (RiverB @ Sep 28 2011, 11:01 AM)
Hello,

My other favorite bands are Prince (1978-1988), Siouxsie & the Banshees, and XTC.

Any other new wavers or funksters out there?

P.S. - first post!

Welcome to the forums, make sure you don't post any sort of contrary opinion, lest you be labelled a troll.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Sep 29 2011, 11:13 PM)
As of right now, my list goes like this:

1. Rush
2. Porcupine Tree/Iron Maiden
3. Steven Wilson (Solo/Blackfield/Bass Communion/No Man)
4. Sonata Arctica
5. Opeth

Others include, Dream Theater, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Who, Foo Fighters, Sunn O))), Dream Theater, The Smiths, Nirvana, Japan, Blue Oyster Cult etc.

Dream Theater twice? Would one be the Kevin Moore era DT? wink.gif

QUOTE (RiverB @ Sep 28 2011, 01:01 PM)
Hello,

My other favorite bands are Prince (1978-1988), Siouxsie & the Banshees, and XTC.

Any other new wavers or funksters out there?

P.S. - first post!

Cool! I have Purple Rain, Around the World in a Day, and Sign O' the Times myself.