Favourite live medleys

gudbuytjane

One of my favourite parts of live Rush is their medleys. When I first got into collecting live shows I'd always be excited to hear what they'd done on a particular tour.

I think my personal favourite is the Permanent Waves tour medley: Working Man/Finding My Way/Anthem/Bastille Day/In The Mood/Drum Solo (there are good quality versions of this medley available from the St. Louis and Poughkeepsie shows)

I think my least favourite live segue by the band was going from the washy synth part of "YYZ" into "The Temples of Syrinx" during the Grace Under Pressure tour.

-Jane

2.gif

I agree that most of these medleys mentioned are all great, especially the R30 one.

Today I listened to the Hartford '90 show and they have 2 medleys on that one: Xanadu/YYZ/Drom Solo and also the 2112 Overture/La Villa Strangiato/In The Mood and a little Pipeline ditty to close out the show.

Edited by Bastille Dave

QUOTE (EPR66 @ Sep 22 2011, 09:31 PM)
R30 Overture AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif

+1

But I've also always had a soft spot for the Xanadu/Hemispheres combo they did on the Counterparts tour. They way one leads into the other is just awesome.

Edited by Pags

I like most of them. They segue from song to song very well. I really like the one from the Roll The Bones tour. It starts with the complete The Spirit Of Radio and then they play a Rush history and then finish with TSOR ending again.

The R30 Overture is awesome. I hope there is an R40.