Time Machine 2011 being premiered

D3strukt

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Oct 2 2011, 05:34 PM)
FWIW, Geddy was fighting off a cold the entire first leg of the 2011 TMT dates.

That's what they ALWAYS say. :I R30 (He's got a cold.) S&A (He's got a cold.)

The man has had a cold since 1996.

That said, he sounds good on TM.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Oct 2 2011, 06:09 PM)

Hmm, so even though I heard this from Donna Halper it's automatically invalidated? Curious. sarcasm.gif I have sources who saw him coughing and blowing his nose between songs. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Oct 2 2011, 06:09 PM)

laugh.gif

To necromancer u said S&A WAS WORST ALBULM THEY HAD. FOR U TO SAY THIS U MUST BE "A RUSH FAN WANT TO BE". U MUST HAVE MENTAL ISSUES THAT CAN'T BE FIXED ON RUSHFORUM!!!!!

YOUR ON THE WRONG SITE, SICKO!!!

From the bootlegs I have heard, the guys just didn't have it together for the first leg of the tour. There was something always undercutting them, from trainwrecks of their own making, to Alex's guitar issues to just plain rust.

If I have said it once in the few years I have been here, I have said it a thousand times: Rush fans are amazing, and I mean that in both a positive and negative way. The undying support for and the incessant complaining about the band is wonderful and saddening, and I will leave it at that.

The camera work was straight up wonderful. Perfect shots for the right amount of time. I think the number of shots they could have done better with I could count on one hand. The shots of the fans are great, because we are ALL like those people when its our turn to be in the crowd. At a Rush concert I yell, I scream, I sing at the top of my voice and I air guitar my black ass off. Why? Because I an ENJOYING myself, and I don't care who watches. The occasional shot of the fans being uninhibited in their enjoyment of the moment is great to see.

As to VH1 Classic's handling of the showings, that was more than a little drawback, even though there were plenty of repeats. I DVR'ed the second showing of it, and it went off without a hitch for me. But there have been issues with VH1 programming and the local cable companies before, so I am not surprised there were issues. I honestly believe the band had precious little to do with that, and blaming them is rather asinine. In fact I give them points for putting it out *before* the DVD release date. Truth is, not many bands would authorize such a move. Enough of it was edited out so that DVD sales won;t be too negatively affected, if at all. I know for a fact that I would have been buying it, Rush Hashanah or not. I think most people would have as well. Instead of the main course, we got an appetizer with a promise of the main course on its way. That showing was more than enough to tide me over.