Time Machine 2011 being premiered

D3strukt

THAT BLOWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS that they did those zany special effects things i hate at the end of working man, where the show them in slow motion.. God. why did they f**k with that... I hate when they show concerts in slow mo, this is a live concert not a motion picture...

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (reani14 @ Sep 29 2011, 06:44 PM)
THAT BLOWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS that they did those zany special effects things i hate at the end of working man, where the show them in slow motion.. God. why did they f**k with that... I hate when they show concerts in slow mo, this is  a live concert not a motion picture...

Make sure you start seven threads about this, one for each camera angle. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Strangiato @ Sep 29 2011, 05:14 PM)
For anyone who missed it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkw5X6JWABI

next clip is in the description etc

Enjoy!

THANKS!! I missed the premier on VH1 Classic. You rock 1022.gif trink39.gif

Now i'm 100x even MORE stoked for the DVD! (Yes - I sayed "DVD"...i haven't upgraded to Blu-Ray yet...sad.gif lol)

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 29 2011, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE (reani14 @ Sep 25 2011, 09:28 AM)
his vocals will be bad no doubt. If they are anything like i heard on youtube. its gonna be painful..

I'm happy to report how wrong you are.

This is a classic case of Geddy at 58 being compared to Geddy at 28.

He doesn't sing in the crisp, high pitched nasal sqeak of his younger years - and I'm perfectly fine with that. He sings from his stomach now - and his pitch and tone are far better for it (he used to go out of tune on an almost regualr basis when he was just singing through his nose)

I've read complaints about his vocal performance on the S&A DVD and just can't wrap my head around it - that was one of his best ever tours vocally.

On the Time Machine tour, particxularly the first leg, there is no question that his voice was tired in spots and cracked here and there - but embarressingly so? No way - he's got the strongest voice of any of his contemporaries and this particular recording finds him on a very good night. If they cleaned it up a bit then more power to em. If I flubbed a note here or there I would want it smoothed out for a DVD...

Poor Ged - his voice will forever be damned, no matter what he does wink.gif

goodpost.gif

I don't understand the complaints about Geddy's voice either. I think that his vocals are excellent on both R30 and S&A.

What's with them not showing Time Machine at 2:30 AM. I DVRd it then so my wife could tape a couple of crappy network shows during the premiere, and now I don't have it at all.

Why? wtf.gif

I don't have Palladia either so that doesn't help... wtf.gif

I just finished watching some of clips Strangiato uploaded. AMAZING! Camera angles are just right at every moment. They stay on the right person for the right amount of time. I was watching BU2B and I was thinking, I want to see Neil for the part coming up, and BAM! Neil on screen for that part, then Geddy, it's like the video was in my mind. To hell with the DVD, I'm getting the blu ray.

I also love how they show the the audience with the full stage shot. Heck, even the guys in the nosebleed seats get a shot. The guys who set it all up knew exactly what they were doing.

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 29 2011, 11:08 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 24 2011, 06:06 PM)
At the risk of making yet another controversial post, my thoughts on the subject aren't "Oh cool, a new Rush DVD on a channel where it will get a lot of airplay and maybe introduce some people to Rush," but, "God, I hope Geddy's vocals aren't as embarrassingly bad as on the last live DVD or two."

unsure.gif

His vocals were definately off on R30 - but I thought he sounded fantastic on S&A live.

Sounds great here too - they definately caught a good night for him vocally.

I thought this tour was far superior to S&A, I thought that Ged's vocals were much better on the TM tour, especially the second leg.

I can't tell if his voice was edited, autotuned, altered or whatever in what we saw last night, but I think he sounds great.

I was (almost) disappointed in the first show I saw on the first leg of this tour (Pittsburgh) but when I saw him in Hershey I thought his voice sounded much better. I saw Cleveland and Vegas also and thought those were equally as good.

Just my thoughts, what do I know?

Was it just me, or did the filming remind anyone else of Exit...Stage Left based on the angles and mere simplicity (instead of the craziness seen in the other previous tour videos)? Also, I was reminded of Grace Under Pressure a little bit, but not to the extent Exit...Stage Left did, though.

So great to re-live the memories last night, especially of songs like Marathon that I heard for the very first time only last year. It was awesome to see the guys' playing so close-up. My boyfriend commented in particular how cool it was to see the drum camera angles, a perspective you just don't get in the audience. I told him if he likes that view, we'll definitely have to get Neil's DVD. He wasn't sure he wanted to see it in THAT much depth, but after I told him the vid covers Neil's trip to the same area of Death Valley he once visited, he told me I have him almost convinced to watch it new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I was surprised there was no coverage of the "Thank You Donna Halper" banner, Donna herself, or the Rock Hall protest banner. Did I just miss them? Maybe they're in the parts that got cut.

Overall, the video was fine. Though there are way too many shots of dorky fans in the crowd. Highlights are freewill, subdivisions, and MP-- ESP Camera Eye, which was astounding... Rest of the subpar setlist is the same as I remember... wont be buying the DVD. Bring on Clockwork Angels. Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (MCM @ Sep 29 2011, 07:16 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 29 2011, 11:08 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 24 2011, 06:06 PM)
At the risk of making yet another controversial post, my thoughts on the subject aren't "Oh cool, a new Rush DVD on a channel where it will get a lot of airplay and maybe introduce some people to Rush," but, "God, I hope Geddy's vocals aren't as embarrassingly bad as on the last live DVD or two."

unsure.gif

His vocals were definately off on R30 - but I thought he sounded fantastic on S&A live.

Sounds great here too - they definately caught a good night for him vocally.

I thought this tour was far superior to S&A, I thought that Ged's vocals were much better on the TM tour, especially the second leg.

I can't tell if his voice was edited, autotuned, altered or whatever in what we saw last night, but I think he sounds great.

I was (almost) disappointed in the first show I saw on the first leg of this tour (Pittsburgh) but when I saw him in Hershey I thought his voice sounded much better. I saw Cleveland and Vegas also and thought those were equally as good.

Just my thoughts, what do I know?

I respectfully disagree. By virtue of Digital Man, Circumstances, Mission, BTW and Bangkok, the SA was much better, IMHO

Edited by greg2112

yeah the shots of goofy fans is annoying. thank god they dont stay on the m too long. will they ever stay on neil to catch him throw up his drumstick on freewill? in a live video. also. can the camera stay on geddy during the each of us part in freewill.. the camera to me is all over the place.

QUOTE (reani14 @ Sep 30 2011, 06:44 AM)
yeah the shots of goofy fans is annoying. thank god they dont stay on the m too long. will they ever stay on neil to catch him throw up his drumstick on freewill? in a live video. also. can the camera stay on geddy during the each of us part in freewill.. the camera to me is all over the place.

Were you watching the same video as the rest of us? Or were you watching RIR? confused13.gif

QUOTE (On TheRoad To Adventure @ Sep 29 2011, 06:18 PM)
his vocals will be bad no doubt. If they are anything like i heard on youtube. its gonna be painful..

He doesn't sing in the crisp, high pitched nasal sqeak of his younger years - and I'm perfectly fine with that. He sings from his stomach now - and his pitch and tone are far better for it (he used to go out of tune on an almost regualr basis when he was just singing through his nose)

I've read complaints about his vocal performance on the S&A DVD and just can't wrap my head around it - that was one of his best ever tours vocally.

On the Time Machine tour, particxularly the first leg, there is no question that his voice was tired in spots and cracked here and there - but embarressingly so? No way - he's got the strongest voice of any of his contemporaries and this particular recording finds him on a very good night. If they cleaned it up a bit then more power to em. If I flubbed a note here or there I would want it smoothed out for a DVD...

goodpost.gif

I don't understand the complaints about Geddy's voice either. I think that his vocals are excellent on both R30 and S&A.

Count me in there too. I don't understand all the fuss being made - nothing "off key" about his vocals that I can hear.

QUOTE (Drummerrobin @ Sep 30 2011, 06:04 AM)
QUOTE (On TheRoad To Adventure @ Sep 29 2011, 06:18 PM)

goodpost.gif

Count me in there too. I don't understand all the fuss being made - nothing "off key" about his vocals that I can hear.

Count me in there as well. I thought that Geddy's voice to be fantastic on both R30 and S&A Live. I don't hear any "off-key" parts either. Sure, I'll agree that his vocals aged a bit from R30 to now, but hey, it could be a lot worse...WAY worse...worse to the point that he can't even sing something more recent like Animate.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 30 2011, 07:29 PM)
QUOTE (reani14 @ Sep 30 2011, 06:52 PM)
anyone have links for time stand still or subdivisions?

I think VH1 omitted "TSS" because of time constraints. "Subdivisions" can probably be found if you search this thread.

I think it's part 4 or 5 of the videos Strangiato uploaded.

QUOTE (Phantom @ Oct 1 2011, 07:41 AM)
On a side note, I was surprised to find this thread in " rush " and not in " Time Machine Tour" section of this forum.

confused13.gif

I think that's because the Time Machine Tour has been over for awhile now, so it's okay to have stuff pertaining to it in the Rush section.