Time Machine 2011 being premiered

D3strukt

According to the DirectTV listings for September 28th and 29th, VH1 Classic will be airing yet another Rush Hashanah special at the end of the month where they use the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah as an excuse to air nothing but Rush programming for 24 hours straight. Better yet, it looks like they will use the opportunity to premiere the Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland concert video! The DirecTV listings for VH1 Classic (DirecTV channel 337) indicate that starting at 7PM on September 28th, the channel will begin airing all Rush programming beginning with the Rush Classic Albums special at 7PM and then the Time Machine 2011 concert from 8-10PM. Also on the docket are the Rush documentary Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage, R30 and Rush in Rio; a full 24 hours of Rush! The Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland DVD/Blu-ray is currently slated for a November 8th release and will have a running time of 164 minutes along with a bunch of great bonus features. VH1 Classic first celebrated Rush Hashanah back in 2008 and also in 2010, where they premiered the Rush Classic Albums special.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have serious doubts about this. They may have been planning on it before the DVD release date was moved back. But I think they just haven't/forgot to change their listings. Just MO.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Sep 18 2011, 04:08 AM)
I have serious doubts about this. They may have been planning on it before the DVD release date was moved back. But I think they just haven't/forgot to change their listings. Just MO.

yes.gif Agree, i would be very surprise that they premiere the DVD on TV at this point. Maybe in cinemas a week before the actual release date, but not for free at TV. But it's still a possibility...

QUOTE (MCM @ Sep 17 2011, 09:07 PM)
We'll see the Cleveland show on tv before the DVD is released? That's odd. Can't wait to see it, I was there and it was a magical night.

MTV played Exit..Stage Left before it was released.

Cool that you were there. Nice to be a permanent part of Rush history.

I was in Toronto for the TFE shows as I was in Chicaco when they recorded the show for Different Stages (but we didn't know that) unsure.gif ....... and they filmed the first night in Toronto, but I guess there was a problem with the audio portion, so they scrapped it. angry.gif

QUOTE (rocketom @ Sep 18 2011, 10:35 AM)
They are only going to show at most 90 minutes of it since its airing for 2 hours, so my guess is they will indeed air it. It's Great promotion. VH1 Classic will probably make a couple of tunes videos to air during Rock Fest.

Like they sometimes do with R30 and RIR they have shorter versions that are cut down to two hours and show a little less than half the concert. In that case I will just wait for the dvd to watch the entire concert.

I'll be REALLY surprised if they show it before it is released, but I can't wait!

Here's the very latest from RIAB, so I guess it really will happen:

www.RushTimeMachinePremiere.com. The big screen HD digital cinema presentation will give fans the best seat in the house and transport them from the theater to the front row of the concert. VH1 will be airing a 2-hour concert culled from the footage as part of their annual Rushashana program on September 29.

Edited by nobodys hero

I just read the latest from RIAB:

VH1 will be airing a 2-hour concert culled from the footage as part of their annual Rushashana program on September 29.

Although this was talked about last week I'm finally believing it.

DVR will be set!

AWESOME!!!!

QUOTE (subdivisor @ Sep 20 2011, 03:47 PM)
correct me if im wrong but isnt VH1 classic NOT offered in HD?....at least not by my cable provider confused13.gif

Your right, it's not in HD, so another reason to buy the blu-ray in november.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Sep 17 2011, 10:00 PM)
Well, no VH1 Classic for me that weekend. I don't want spoilers.

Why not? What does it matter?

I'll be watching! 1022.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Sep 20 2011, 10:41 AM)

I just read the latest from RIAB:

VH1 will be airing a 2-hour concert culled from the footage as part of their annual Rushashana program on September 29.

Although this was talked about last week I'm finally believing it.

From the VH1 Classic press release:

"Rush: Time Machine" premieres Wednesday, September 28 at 8PM ET/PT

Filmed in Cleveland in April 2011, the "Time Machine" tour was an evening with Rush, where the band performed new songs, classic hits and, for the first time ever, performed the "Moving Pictures" album in its entirety.

NOTE THE DATE: 9/28, not 9/29. Don't be a day late!