Clockwork Angels

FeelingUnlimited

QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Sep 21 2011, 09:59 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 21 2011, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 21 2011, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 21 2011, 07:49 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 21 2011, 04:38 PM)
New info from Nick R. reported at RIAB about Clockwork Angels:

It is coming along fantastic, we have recorded two songs already and we released them last year and then the band went on tour. But we are currently in preproduction right now so that we can finish the rest of the record which we will start recording again in mid October.

This seems to indicate that these songs will NOT be re-recorded or re-done in any way. Shame... I stand by my the album is already less than perfect comment.

Rush and "perfect" albums are long gone my friend.

Yep. Presto was the last one. sad.gif

Alas, you have to go back farther than that. CP was great, but not perfect. HYF was perfect except for the last two tracks. Power Windows didn't have any weak tracks, but for perfection as in every track is completely awesome, in my book you have to go back all the way to Grace Under Pressure. eh.gif

I'd argue that they haven't made a perfect album. Closest they came was Permanent Waves, but they ruined it with Freewill comp26.gif

Freewill??? Are you insane. Oh wait, maybe you are offering an opinion.

Show of hands... who doesn't want a new Rush album? Ok then, let's wait and see what they come up with.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruined it with Freewill is one of THE funniest things I've ever read on here. You have to be joking.(I hope you were joking) Freewill is one of the best songs in the Rush catalog. If anybody doesn't think Moving Pictures is perfect then I don't know what perfect is. That's as good as it gets boys and girls. Probably a top 5 record in the history of rock n roll. I think you have to go back to Power Windows for a record where I love every track although they don't have any records I dislike. HYF and SnA are probably my two least favorites.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 22 2011, 01:06 AM)
Ruined it with Freewill is one of THE funniest things I've ever read on here. You have to be joking.(I hope you were joking) Freewill is one of the best songs in the Rush catalog. If anybody doesn't think Moving Pictures is perfect then I don't know what perfect is. That's as good as it gets boys and girls. Probably a top 5 record in the history of rock n roll. I think you have to go back to Power Windows for a record where I love every track although they don't have any records I dislike. HYF and SnA are probably my two least favorites.

Paranoid, is the example of an album that has NO weak tracks on it.

Moving Pictures has Vital Signs, which doesn't fit with the rest of the album at all.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Sep 19 2011, 11:56 PM)
I have to sort of agree with Goobs on BU2B. The lyrics bug me, but I do like the song. It is an odd dicotomy for me. I am a man of faith and yet when Geddy sings the line about our loving Watchmaker loving us all to death and the music drops out... man o man I love it. Actually I don't even see it as an atheist versus a believer type song. It is more like Neil Peart is yelling at God. That is not the work of a non believer. It is the work of a man that is angry at God. I've been there myself and I would hope to never presume what is in another man's heart. Judge not and all that...

It all boils down to the fact that Rush challenges us. Not many bands do that and we should be grateful that they are there nudging us out of our complacency.

Count me as one of those not liking BU2B. I feel no inspiration from that song whatsoever.

As far as being challenged, I'm a big boy and can handle challenges. I'm just tired of Neil droning on about the same kinds of stuff over and over. He's never really done that before, and the topics for songwriting used to shift from album to album. Doesn't seem that's happening in this case.

The lyrics are so a non issue for me. There are many Musical elements that sound like classic Rush and that is what makes the song great. Geddy's classic bass runs, Alex's haunting guitar playing in the chorus and keys that sound right from the P/G era make this a partial return to form for me. And Caravan is even better:)

So there's this guy and his friends have referred him to the "opinion guru", the man with supposedly the most correct opinions in the world. The man wants to pay a visit to make sure his opinions jive with those of the guru. He walks in, and sees many men in robes. He picks one at random and asks, "are you the opinion guru?" The robed man responds:

"No. My name's Terrapin, and I'm just a trainee."

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 25 2011, 02:14 PM)
Terrapin pulls into a Wendy's drive-thru and the cashier says:

Cashier: "May I take your order?"

Terrapin: "No, but due to your horrid pronunciation of the English language I presume you are of limited intelligence, and furthermore-"

Cashier: "Get the f*** out."

rofl3.gif trink39.gif