Tom Sawyer

Man, that accident he was in was BAD too. He got t-boned by someone doing 80 MPH while he was making a turn. His car was thrown into and wrapped around a tree.

Anyone who's not seen the documentary FOG CITY MAVERICKS ought to queue it up. It's all about the San Francisco movie scene and all the great talent that came out of that area. Lovely film.

Edited by Presto-digitation

George Lucas and Brian DePalma had a joint casting call for their movies "Star Wars" and "Carrie". Many of the actors and actresses read for roles on both films. For example Carrie Fisher read for the part of Carrie and Amy Irving read for the role of Princess Leah.

George and Brian would look at actors and whisper to one another "I like so and so and put him or her on my list (of potential actors for particular roles).

QUOTE (Albone2112 @ Aug 24 2011, 06:18 PM)
I remember seeing footage of William Katt reading for the Luke Skywalker role, alongside Kurt Russell reading for Han Solo.

Personally, I think Kurt Russell would've made a good Han.

Yeah, on the "Carrie" documentary I have, which is where I found out this info, William Katt had said auditioned for Luke Skywalker.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 24 2011, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (Albone2112 @ Aug 24 2011, 06:18 PM)
I remember seeing footage of William Katt reading for the Luke Skywalker role, alongside Kurt Russell reading for Han Solo. 

Personally, I think Kurt Russell would've made a good Han.

Yeah, on the "Carrie" documentary I have, which is where I found out this info, William Katt had said auditioned for Luke Skywalker.

'The Greatest American Hero' William Katt?