Soundgarden was on Conan

Earthshine

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 23 2011, 04:26 PM)
Where do 90s grunge bands stand in the American DJ lexicon nowadays, have they reached the point where they're referred to as classic rock yet?

unsure.gif

I never listen to regular radio so i have no idea. I am sure if they don't now, they will in a year or 2

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 23 2011, 05:26 PM)
Where do 90s grunge bands stand in the American DJ lexicon nowadays, have they reached the point where they're referred to as classic rock yet?

unsure.gif

The classic rock stations here just added a shitload of Pearl Jam, Nirvana, STP, and other grunge bands to their rotation. Thank God for Sirius XM.

unsure.gif

Where do they stand in the UK DJ lexicon?

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Aug 23 2011, 05:57 PM)

unsure.gif

No idea I never listen to radio.

But it's the US DJs who created the classic rock term so that's why I specified.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 23 2011, 07:37 PM)

unsure.gif

But it's the US DJs who created the classic rock term so that's why I specified.

I just wanted to start some cross-Atlantic trouble but you just won;t play....

Outshined and Jesus Christ Pose alone secure Soundgarden's place in rockdom. They were a solid band in their day.

(Plus, they did the best DEVO cover ever)

QUOTE (goose @ Aug 25 2011, 09:17 PM)
Outshined and Jesus Christ Pose alone secure Soundgarden's place in rockdom.  They were a solid band in their day.

(Plus, they did the best DEVO cover ever)

The line in Outshined "looking California, but feeling Minnesota" is still one of my favorites.

Saw Soundgarden twice back in the day and thought they were quite good both times, especially the last when they were second on the bill to Metallica for Lollapalooza at Irvine Meadows. That night, they did a killer version of The Doors song "Waiting For The Sun" which I sang along to heartily. I got some odd, "what the hell song is this and why does he know the words" looks from the younger folks around me. wink.gif tongue.gif

Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Aug 23 2011, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 23 2011, 07:37 PM)

unsure.gif

I just wanted to start some cross-Atlantic trouble but you just won;t play....

wink.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Aug 23 2011, 04:15 PM)
apparently Ged thinks highly of their drummer...... cool10.gif

Their drummer is good.

I am in a Soundgarden/Audioslave/Temple of the Dog tribute band and while I was searching YouTube for refrence videos, I had a real hard time finding any vids where Cornell was singing good.

He kills it in the studio, but that style of singing he has, is not good over any extended period of time.

Now, the singer in my band....absolutly kills!!

Incredible.

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Aug 29 2011, 06:06 AM)

Their drummer is good.

I am in a Soundgarden/Audioslave/Temple of the Dog tribute band and while I was searching YouTube for refrence videos, I had a real hard time finding any vids where Cornell was singing good.

He kills it in the studio, but that style of singing he has, is not good over any extended period of time.

Incredible.

technology in the studio.....he sucks live.

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Aug 29 2011, 07:06 AM)

Their drummer is good.

Incredible.

i know, i was just having a little fun with the OP who I doubt realizes that Matt Cameron played on Geds solo disc- MFH.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Aug 23 2011, 01:56 AM)
Really? REALLY? Soundgarden are pretty much ONE OF THE Best 90's bands out there.

yes.gif

Chris Cornell is a hero of mine. I am a huge fan of Audioslave

Cornell has one of those voices that doesn;t translate live. Hell, he blew out his vocal chords trying sound like the record.

And yes, grunge music from the early 90s is now considered classic, even though all of the people who considered themselves alternative back then (or still do) cannot STAND it. Welcome to the real world, flannel jockeys. EVERYONE gets old. Every twenty years, the genre gets larger. I cannot wait until what passes for heavy metal these days gets the same treatment. It makes me laugh, every time.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 23 2011, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 23 2011, 04:00 PM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Aug 23 2011, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 23 2011, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Aug 23 2011, 01:56 AM)
Soundgarden are pretty much ONE OF THE Best 90's bands out there.

That is not really saying much wink.gif

I know, but the early 90s had some good stuff.

Soundgarden, Rage against, Nirvana.

STP, too.

That whole era was not for me, didn't like anything outside of Alice In Chains. I was more the Pantera, Sevendust ,Machine Head type bands

yes.gif trink39.gif goodpost.gif

Here is another oldie but goodie. I see that Ann Wilson is on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. I wonder if she will talk about Chris tonight.

Soundgarden was great live.

FUKK THE OP

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Here is another oldie but goodie. I see that Ann Wilson is on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. I wonder if she will talk about Chris tonight.

FUKK THE OP

She was just in the studio band...so no.

FUKK THE OP

She was just in the studio band...so no.

Ok thanks for telling me. I won't watch it. :)