Atlanta Braves

Inthend

QUOTE (Inthend @ Sep 9 2011, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 9 2011, 06:59 AM)
QUOTE (Inthend @ Sep 9 2011, 12:32 AM)

Braves come off a VERY surprizing sweep by Philly, and win both games in a double header with Mets.

Not *that* surprising. laugh.gif biggrin.gif trink39.gif

Cheers on beating the stinking Mets. trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

And you made fun of my positive comments about Cliff Lee? This is a love letter to Chipper Jones!! laugh.gif

Reminds me of that Sinfeild show where Jerry and, I think, Mike Piazza were 'dating'.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif No that was Keith Hernandez.

"Keith Hernandez!?!?! We HATE Keith Hernandez!!!!!" And the Phillies were part of the gag.. that was the ep where they did the "JFK" thing with the magic loogey from the spitter on the gravely road..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcaq4ElAJrE

The gag was how Elaine and Jerry were vying for Keith's love smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 9 2011, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (Inthend @ Sep 9 2011, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 9 2011, 06:59 AM)
QUOTE (Inthend @ Sep 9 2011, 12:32 AM)

Braves come off a VERY surprizing sweep by Philly, and win both games in a double header with Mets.

Not *that* surprising. laugh.gif biggrin.gif trink39.gif

Cheers on beating the stinking Mets. trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

And you made fun of my positive comments about Cliff Lee? This is a love letter to Chipper Jones!! laugh.gif

Reminds me of that Sinfeild show where Jerry and, I think, Mike Piazza were 'dating'.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif No that was Keith Hernandez.

"Keith Hernandez!?!?! We HATE Keith Hernandez!!!!!" And the Phillies were part of the gag.. that was the ep where they did the "JFK" thing with the magic loogey from the spitter on the gravely road..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcaq4ElAJrE

The gag was how Elaine and Jerry were vying for Keith's love smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

laugh.gif That's right. Now I remember.

Always loved the part where Krammer's head snaps back when he gets hit with the lugie! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Great epidsode!

Now to more serious matters.

bottom of 9th

Braves lead 3-1 over Cards

2 outs - man on first

All Kimbrel has to do is throw it over the plate.

What does he do?

Throws 7 str. balls, walks 2 to load the bases for Pujols who lines a double down first base line to tie game. Do pick off winning run coming to the plate, but lose in bottom of 10th.

facepalm.gif man oh man.

QUOTE (Inthend @ Sep 10 2011, 12:20 AM)
Now to more serious matters.

bottom of 9th
Braves lead 3-1 over Cards
2 outs - man on first

All Kimbrel has to do is throw it over the plate.
What does he do?

Throws 7 str. balls, walks 2 to load the bases for Pujols who lines a double down first base line to tie game. Do pick off winning run coming to the plate, but lose in bottom of 10th.

facepalm.gif man oh man.

They were gracious enough to show the end of that game on MLB Network. i felt your pain. That was awful.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 21 2011, 09:27 PM)
Braves bullpen is definitely their main strength

and in the Playoffs it's all about the pitching. Bring on the ATL-Philly NLDS series.

and also the Brewer-D'Backs as well (I never thought I'd see those 2 teams facing off in the playoffs....can you say parity?)

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Sep 10 2011, 03:35 AM)

and in the Playoffs it's all about the pitching. Bring on the ATL-Philly NLDS series.

and also the Brewer-D'Backs as well (I never thought I'd see those 2 teams facing off in the playoffs....can you say parity?)

Two teams from the same division can't meet in a LDS.

Just sayin' wink.gif

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Sep 10 2011, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Sep 10 2011, 03:35 AM)

Two teams from the same division can't meet in a LDS.

Just sayin' wink.gif

Correct.

===========

The Philadelphia Phillies and Milwaukee Brewers are squaring off in what could be a first-round playoff preview this weekend. Or a second-round preview, depending on how the records shake out at the end.

According to the playoffs rules, the team with the best record would play the wild-card team, but the overall No. 1 can't play a wild-card team in its division. That could be the case in both leagues this year between the Phillies and Braves in the NL and the Yankees and Red Sox in the AL.

All four of the NL playoff leaders - the Phillies, Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks and wild card-leading Atlanta Braves - are playing well in the second half of the season. And in the lack of any real pennant race in the league, people are looking at the race for the second-best record between the Brewers (85-61 entering Saturday) and Diamondbacks (84-61 entering Saturday) as a key race, because the winner will avoid the playoffs and play the Braves instead of the Phillies.

Are the players looking at the standings in this race for No. 2?

"That's irrelevant," Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun said to MLB.com. "It's not even on our radar right now, so it makes no sense at all to pay attention. I hope we get to a point where we can talk about that."

But let's play devil's advocate here. Sure, it would be nice to open at home, and home field is as important in baseball as any sport. But it's also being presented in some corners as avoiding the Phillies in the best-of-five ALDS. And I don't think that's an incentive at all.

Why? Because if I want to win the pennant, I think I'd rather face the Phillies in a five-game series than a seven-game series. Simply because it's easier to pull off an upset in five than in seven.

Sure, in a five-game series, you're must beat either Roy Halladay or Cliff Lee. But you'd just have to beat them once. If I'm the Diamondbacks or Brewers, I'd want the Phillies right off the bat, and not give the cream a chance to rise to the top.

And the Braves are going to be no slouch, either. So pick your poison carefully, because it's potent no matter what.