For those who rock

TheY2k

Literatii that's just what I wanted to hear. That's amazing I appreshate what you said and that's great advice and honestly your right. I guess I do need to give more slack

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done TheY2k! applaudit.gif You definitely seem to be enjoying yourself!

I've learnt CTTH on my ocarina yesterday. Just Geddy's singing part mind you and now I'm working on Panacea. I've been figuring it out by ear. I've got a piano iPhone app that allows me to work out the notes and then it's a matter of transcribing it into oc tabs.

Edited by LyndseyG

QUOTE (TheY2k @ Aug 17 2011, 11:57 PM)
After seeing them, listening, and honestly making them as close to a religion as a man could I'm stuck. I love rush and there the only reason I started playing the guitar and bass. Alex knows it, Geddy knows it, and I know it. I feel so much pressure playing rush though, I stress out so much while playing it. I mean I love playing it sometime I ask myself what If you never learned, you could just rock out like everyone else. But then I yell back, "you do have fun! You enjoy it" if it was not for Alex's amazing solos I could do it's just the solos and the magic he does on spirit of the radios intro. I'm not in a band but I wish I was honestly. So can anyone relate to my argument between myself? Do any of you struggle and get frustrated to the point you just quit midsong while learning it?
Granted these are what I can play
(solos and everything)
2112 overture/temple of syrinx
Far cry
Closer to the heart
Tom Sawyer
Good News First
(without solos)
Bastille Day
Something For Nothing
Working man
Summertime blues
Limelight
Fly by Night
Spirit of Radio(defently not ontime with the intro)
YYZ
A Farewell To Kings
The Trees
Passage to bangcock
Cygnus x-1
ANY ADVICE?

i've played guitar on and off all my life..but when i got into classic rock when i came to canada i fell for Rush and the sound of Lifesons tones and abilities..

i get frustrated alot too. i play what i can and what i want to play by the band. its not always easy but it can lead to your own style, all the frustrating times, practise sessions. ive jammed with people but some of them just want to party and not really get into the music or push their limits artistically.

well i love to party too but there's a time for it..and when i play guitar..i take it seriously enough that i dont want to get wasted while i do it..

so yeah, creativity and expression can be totally frustrating! you arent alone!!

turn it up..smash out a few chords.....refocus and play it again, sam!! biggrin.gif

Right on I'm glad you all enjoyed my cover! I'm really happy hear that you learned that! That rocks please put it on YouTube!

I'm glad so many of you have stood behind me and understand how I feel. Rush is COMPLEX. there's not a note Alex plays that are there for mistake. I'm glad so many people have posted something on this form so thank you smile.gif

QUOTE (TheY2k @ Aug 21 2011, 04:58 PM)
Right on I'm glad you all enjoyed my cover! I'm really happy hear that you learned that! That rocks please put it on YouTube!
I'm glad so many of you have stood behind me and understand how I feel. Rush is COMPLEX. there's not a note Alex plays that are there for mistake. I'm glad so many people have posted something on this form so thank you smile.gif

I think I'm gonna have to practice for a bit longer first!

Yeah, keep practicing..find your own style and sound.

Learn as many chord's and scale's as you can..just

try to get as many different sounds as you can from the fret board.

Bend those strings,if you play lead.Do finger exercises

to strengthen your finger's , and quicken your speed..

that's very important.Using your pinky finger is very important,

if you play lead..That's what I've done in the past..Keep playin'

all the frickin' time..dedication to the key to it all.

Good luck!

No problem,man.Just keep rockin'!

If you look above I've got some videos of me doing guitar covers. Can you give it a go and tell me what you think

What are you writing on your own?

What are you writing on my own? Do you mean have I written anything. Honestly no. I got some great ideas for songs but I really need a band so yea.

QUOTE (TheY2k @ Aug 22 2011, 02:58 PM)
What are you writing on my own? Do you mean have I written anything. Honestly no. I got some great ideas for songs but I really need a band so yea.

you should start lookin into how you can record stuff on yer own too. With all thats available now, you can trade tracks with people online anywhere and just mix it up. put it out there...who knows

QUOTE (TheY2k @ Aug 22 2011, 04:19 PM)
Good idea. I might do that. Thanks alot man

its amazing what people can do at home now. I wish we had this tech 25 years ago. totally different style and all. but these guys all live in different parts of the country and work togther remotely Freeze Tag Assassins