Lifeson Single for THE DOUBLE

Derek Haas

Single for The Double? laugh.gif that reads funny. Looking forward to hearing it. Nice job getting Alex involved. Could that coup be considered a stolen base? tongue.gif Hope he gave you and RBI triple of a tune (how could he not), and that your film hits it out of the park trink39.gif

Derek,

Thanks for checking in here and letting us be a part of this, very cool of you. I'm hoping you get the logistics worked out, but in the meantime it is great to hear how this came about. Not to gush about Alex, but yet another example of how great this guys is (as well as Geddy, in terms of sharing themselves publicly) Neil, well we all kind of already understand that whole thing - respect in a different way, for sure.

I'm wondering if Alex's antics cracked up any of the people he was performing with to do this effort. Safe money is on YES

Thanks again for bringing this here

QUOTE (Derek Haas @ Sep 1 2011, 02:13 PM)
Sorry it took so long... I'm still not sure I have permission for this... but here's the link:

Don't Look Back.

ETA: Not sure how I cut the end of the song off, but it had a little strum out.

This sounds awesome! Even if I didn't know it was Alex beforehand, I would've known within the first ten seconds--love that tone!

Man, I wish each member of Rush branched out as solo artists more often. Listening to what little solo stuff there is, I think Alex is what give Rush its edge. I don't think they would ever top what the do together, but, man, I can't help but think we're missing out on a lot of interesting music.

Thank you Derek! How cool is this? biggrin.gif

I'm actually working on a short film myself. It's based on a Stephen King short story, part of his Dollar Baby program. Just finished the first draft of the screenplay.