Upcoming Neil DVD

The Mighty Dudad

Just saw over at RIAB that there is new info regarding a "live performance" DVD from Neil, which was first hinted at in one of Neil's web site postings back in February.

The new DVD, "Taking Center Stage - Lifetime of Live Performances", is due out on October 14 (although given Rush's history with DVD releases, don't be surprised when it is delayed a month or more).

From the Music Dispatch site:

"Filmed in various locations over the course of a year, Neil Peart takes you on a behind-the-scenes look at Rush's 2010-11 Time Machine tour. This includes rare and exclusive footage of Neil's personal pre-tour rehearsals and backstage events at a Rush concert (including a visit to the soundcheck, and an unprecedented backstage interview as Neil warms up for the show). Neil also presents a detailed look at every single song in the tour's set list. Each song features analysis and demonstrations by Neil, which are coupled with a detailed PDF eBook containing transcription of his parts. At the end of each song discussion, the viewer is transported onstage to a Rush concert to see the actual live performance of the song from the perspective of the drum cameras only. 6 hours, 40 minutes."

Available for pre-order at Amazon now: here

Ok, haters, do your thing. For the rest of us, something else that sounds pretty cool to look forward to.

TMD

I love watching mastercraftsmen discussing their craft. This should be excellent. I knew he was working on a DVD to discuss preparing for performance, but this description exceeds all my expectations.

Why is it called a lifetime when the solos are just from the tm tour?

But Neil can't play at all and he sucks at double bass and groove and jazz and traditional grip and he should've never gone with Freddy and he doesn't smile and he hates god and he wrote dog years and he is not a creative drummer

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Aug 2 2011, 08:58 AM)
But Neil can't play at all and he sucks at double bass and groove and jazz and traditional grip and he should've never gone with Freddy and he doesn't smile and he hates god and he wrote dog years and he is not a creative drummer

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Aug 2 2011, 08:58 AM)

you forgot his tendency to kick babies

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 2 2011, 10:38 AM)
I'll pass on this.

wink.gif I think Vegas odds predicted that response from you pretty accurately, K!

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 2 2011, 10:41 AM)
I'll pass on this.

wink.gif I think Vegas odds predicted that response from you pretty accurately, K!

It's not because it's Neil though. We got a drummer video of his where he played all the tracks to Test for Echo. I thought I'd enjoy it but I became bored.

Seems like these kinds of videos are targeted more towards drummers and/or musicians.

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Aug 2 2011, 09:16 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Aug 2 2011, 08:58 AM)

you forgot his tendency to kick babies

And he refuses to life the seat, and dribbles all over it.

This is amazing! I don't normally get too excited about dvd releases, but this excites me. Over 6 hours, wow can't wait.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 2 2011, 10:51 AM)
Funny how people often don't look at the forum before they post:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=67810

Yup...and I apologized for that in the original thread. I didn't see it when I looked through the forum before posting. I was wondering how long it would be before someone brought it up here.

oops.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 2 2011, 11:44 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 2 2011, 10:41 AM)
I'll pass on this.

It's not because it's Neil though. We got a drummer video of his where he played all the tracks to Test for Echo. I thought I'd enjoy it but I became bored.

Seems like these kinds of videos are targeted more towards drummers and/or musicians.

It IS a live performance dvd of Peart. Of course it'd be targeted toward drummers and musicians. eh.gif