UFO

Earthshine

Still going since 1969. Thanks to Phil Mogg who has been the center of it all. Fabulous band. I wish they would tour more. I do wish that Michael Schenker would rejoin them and that they could all get along. Would love to see the 1979 line-up get back together and stay together!

The first few albums are classic. They need to get Pete way back. Mike also.

Yeah, I have quite a few albums...most really...

The Schenker era is obviously the best, but I do like the Tonka Chapman era. And I even like the one with Atomic Tommy M on it...

Plus there's some good ones from the Schenker comeback era in the 90s...

And the latest one with Vinnie Moore is pretty cool too...

And then there's the UFO album that's not a UFO album yet it is...

Mogg/Way - Chocolate Box, that is excellent!

Here's a track from it:

Yeah..Classic hard rockin' English band. banghead.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif yes.gif

((among many.))

Been a fan since about 77 or so.

My favorite song's are:

1) Lights Out

2) Doctor Doctor

3) Too Hot To Handle

4) Only You Can Rock me

5) Natural Thing

Amongst many more.

(..and yeah,we all hold out hope

that MS will return....) confused13.gif unsure.gif yes.gif

Edited by go2wrk@95974

I only have the live album, Strangers in the Night. Decent songs, but they sound so dated now. The group pic on the inside sleeve of Strangers HAD to be an inspiration for Spinal Tap...friggin hilarious.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 1 2011, 03:02 PM)
The first few albums are classic. They need to get Pete way back. Mike also.

I keep forgetting that Pete is not in the band. Maybe he just not touring with them.

Anyway, this is a great song from Mogg/Way. Features the great Aynsley Dunbar on drums:

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Aug 1 2011, 03:32 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 1 2011, 03:02 PM)
The first few albums are classic. They need to get Pete way back. Mike  also.

I keep forgetting that Pete is not in the band. Maybe he just not touring with them.

Anyway, this is a great song from Mogg/Way. Features the great Aynsley Dunbar on drums:

I know Pete has a few visa problems.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Aug 1 2011, 03:21 PM)
I only have the live album, Strangers in the Night. Decent songs, but they sound so dated now. The group pic on the inside sleeve of Strangers HAD to be an inspiration for Spinal Tap...friggin hilarious.

I don't get this whole "dated" thing. Either it's good or it isn't. The date has nothing to do with it.

And if you're listening to an album from 1979 why do you expect it to sound like it was recorded in 2009??

confused13.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 1 2011, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Aug 1 2011, 03:21 PM)
I only have the live album, Strangers in the Night.  Decent songs, but they sound so dated now. The group pic on the inside sleeve of Strangers HAD to be an inspiration for Spinal Tap...friggin hilarious.

I don't get this whole "dated" thing. Either it's good or it isn't. The date has nothing to do with it.

And if you're listening to an album from 1979 why do you expect it to sound like it was recorded in 2009??

confused13.gif

Maybe he's referring to the production value? Maybe UFO didn't have access to the best mixing boards and microphones and maybe they had to use used tape! unsure.gif

Has anyone seen them recently? They're coming to a smaller theater here in Portland on a Monday night and if I go I want it to be worth calling in sick (which I'd have to do to attend). Tix are quite reasonably priced as well. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I have never seen them either btw. One of the few big or semi-big 70s bands I have not seen. Was supposed to see them 2nd on the bill with Blue Oyster Cult headlining in '78 but they canceled though the show went on without them.

Edited by driventotheedge

Edited by go2wrk@95974

QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Aug 1 2011, 10:42 PM)
Love them. Personally, I really love Too Hot to Handle.

Rock Bottom is repetitive and annoying as f**k.

The live version on Strangers is sweet though.

wicked thread.

check out this early schenker vid. this is probably weeks after he joined the band. you can see Klaus Meine in the audience! 1022.gif

Rock Bottom

Edited by MMCXII

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Aug 1 2011, 03:52 PM)
Has anyone seen them recently? They're coming to a smaller theater here in Portland on a Monday night and if I go I want it to be worth calling in sick (which I'd have to do to attend). Tix are quite reasonably priced as well. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I have never seen them either btw. One of the few big or semi-big 70s bands I have not seen. Was supposed to see them 2nd on the bill with Blue Oyster Cult headlining in '78 but they canceled though the show went on without them.

Go see them. You will be glad you did. They are all real nice guys too if you get to talk to them. Phil especially.