Haken - New album in October

treeduck

Haken hope to release their 2nd album as an exclusive for those attending their performance at ProgPower USA in Atlanta on Saturday 17th September, with a general release planned for early October to be confirmed.

Although the recording process is still underway, both band and label are confident that the cogs are turning at the right pace to make all this possible. For now, Haken proudly announce the track titles for their 2nd concept album, Visions.

1. Premonition

2. Nocturnal Conspiracy

3. Insomnia

4. The Mind's Eye

5. Portals

6. Shapeshifter

7. Deathless

8. Visions

Ross Jennings ensures: "We are confident this album will not disappoint fans of Aquarius. As well as pulling some signature stunts, we are also trying to raise the bar with our compositions, and as individual players..."

http://metalnewspowerofmetaldk.blogspot.co...or-album-2.html

trink38.gif

I loved the first album, but will admit the concept lyrically was a bit cheesy, everything else was great..

I'd like to see a better concept if they are going that route again,.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 26 2011, 11:41 PM)
I loved the first album, but will admit the concept lyrically was a bit cheesy, everything else was great..

I'd like to see a better concept if they are going that route again,.

It was a little bit of a throw back in prog terms of concept. A little Marillion, with some Spocks Beard influence as far as the lyrics go. I still have a hard time following the story line, to be honest. But, musically, Aquarius is outstanding. There are times where I don't pay attention to the words anyway. If I can't understand what the hell they're singing or if I don't know what they're singing about, I don't care if they can play the f***ing hell out of a song.

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Sep 28 2011, 05:54 AM)
I saw these guys support Riverside at the Underworld in London back in 2007. I seem to remember thinking the music was good but the vocalist was awful. How's his voice on the cd? Perhaps he just had an off night? unsure.gif

Yeah he's pretty good, although vocals isn't the bands strong suit.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 28 2011, 11:23 AM)
QUOTE (willowroolz @ Sep 28 2011, 05:54 AM)
I saw these guys support Riverside at the Underworld in London back in 2007.  I seem to remember thinking the music was good but the vocalist was awful.  How's his voice on the cd?  Perhaps he just had an off night?  unsure.gif

Yeah he's pretty good, although vocals isn't the bands strong suit.

Cheers, shall check them out then smile.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 28 2011, 09:40 PM)
bumper.gif

I can't be the only one that has this. So far I'm impressed, even after 1 listen. Even though I love the first album, Visions is way better.

Here's the link to "Nocturnal Conspiracy". 1022.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q97gsNppY7g

I've got my copy too, but I've not listened to it yet...

trink36.gif