Where did you meet that TRFer?

JohnnyBlaze

Since the last time I posted in here, I've met up with the following:

Lost In Xanadu

TX_Rush

Pedro2112

Sundog and Digital Man

Next month, I'm going to to Salt Lake City to visit Workingcinderellaman, and Goose is going too. Looking forward to that! We are also going to try and meet up with That One Guy and Stone in a Hard Place. More news to follow. :haz:

The great 2015 TRF Utah Meetup! :LOL:

Haven't met a TRFer yet, save for some face time in Google+ hangout with a few.

It's always a lot of fun to meet other TRFers. You only get to see a facet or two of someone's personality on a forum. It's a lot of fun to see those other facets.

Yeah, I imagine that's true.

If you guys do make that happen in Salt Lake, we'll expect a full report...with photos!

There is no "if". Goose and I have already bought our plane tickets. :haz: We will be skiing in a few weeks. :D-13:
  • Like 2

Lost In Xanadu

TX_Rush

Pedro2112

Sundog and Digital Man

Next month, I'm going to to Salt Lake City to visit Workingcinderellaman, and Goose is going too. Looking forward to that! We are also going to try and meet up with That One Guy and Stone in a Hard Place. More news to follow. :haz:

It's always a lot of fun to meet other TRFers. You only get to see a facet or two of someone's personality on a forum. It's a lot of fun to see those other facets.

If you guys do make that happen in Salt Lake, we'll expect a full report...with photos!

There is no "if". Goose and I have already bought our plane tickets. :haz: We will be skiing in a few weeks. :D-13:

I understand, yeah. I was referring to the other couple of guys you mentioned also. You know, the more the merrier, and all that.

I'm jealous about the skiing. I'd love that!

I'll get back out on the slopes, someday.

Enjoy! :)

• Like 1

Found these on Facebook...September '07, Toronto. These pics are mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Hard Rock Cafe, Toronto. Rolinda Bonz meets me for the first time and immediately buys me a drink (down in a flash). Cool woman, very easy to talk to.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_26.jpg

Barney Rebel. Great company. Good sense of humor.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_25.jpg

After the first of two Rush gigs that week...all kinds of TRFers here: Rolinda Bonz, Lady April, YaBigTree, Barney, D13, Signals1982 (or is it '83?)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_24.jpg

Signals and his big bro Dave. Cool bros. Very fun to hang with.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_27.jpg

After the Rush tribute act (Rushcon whatever was going down between two Rush gigs that year), Barney & Sigs & Dave & I continued the booze in the hotel. A LOT OF laughter and "Would you..." scenarios. A bit later some dudes came in with an acoustic and started playing Rush tunes but by then my vision and auditory abilities were well f***ed. True story :LOL:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_23.jpg

Top of the CN Tower with Rolinda Bonz, Lady April, and FlyByNight Girl (Liz). Very fun day topped off with a visit to Steam Whistle Brewery with Bonzy & Liz (i think booze was a recurring theme that week). I think it was that same day that we went to the Rush tribute concert...which is actually on the extra DVD with Beyond the Lighted Stage...the Rushcon/karaoke bit (and I'm briefly in that too! Barney too!).

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_28.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Found these on Facebook...September '07, Toronto. These pics are mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Hard Rock Cafe, Toronto. Rolinda Bonz meets me for the first time and immediately buys me a drink (down in a flash). Cool woman, very easy to talk to.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_26.jpg

Barney Rebel. Great company. Good sense of humor.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_25.jpg

After the first of two Rush gigs that week...all kinds of TRFers here: Rolinda Bonz, Lady April, YaBigTree, Barney, D13, Signals1982 (or is it '83?)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_24.jpg

Signals and his big bro Dave. Cool bros. Very fun to hang with.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_27.jpg

After the Rush tribute act (Rushcon whatever was going down between two Rush gigs that year), Barney & Sigs & Dave & I continued the booze in the hotel. A LOT OF laughter and "Would you..." scenarios. A bit later some dudes came in with an acoustic and started playing Rush tunes but by then my vision and auditory abilities were well f***ed. True story :LOL:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_23.jpg

Top of the CN Tower with Rolinda Bonz, Lady April, and FlyByNight Girl (Liz). Very fun day topped off with a visit to Steam Whistle Brewery with Bonzy & Liz (i think booze was a recurring theme that week). I think it was that same day that we went to the Rush tribute concert...which is actually on the extra DVD with Beyond the Lighted Stage...the Rushcon/karaoke bit (and I'm briefly in that too! Barney too!).

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_28.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not sure what's going on here but that's Sig's bro Dave

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_29.jpg

Another street pic after the gig

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_30.jpg

Lost In Xanadu

TX_Rush

Pedro2112

Sundog and Digital Man

I understand, yeah. I was referring to the other couple of guys you mentioned also. You know, the more the merrier, and all that.

Why not next month? ;)
  • Like 2

Forgot his sn but I also met Rick in London, ON during that same 2007 trip to Toronto. I was staying for a few days with an old friend that lives there and Rick came out one night to see my friend's bf's band play at some bar (there's the drinking again!). Rick's a nice guy and pretty laid back. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of that meetup. All of the old school TRFers will remember his sn.

Edited to add: I suddenly just remembered Rick's sn out of the blue: Test4VitalSigns.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I've met Hatchet Pete. He's a legend.

Met the banned Cozy Toes/NikkiSlikk at a couple of gigs and occasional poster Slim.

I bet Cozy isn't even 10% the bastard that he was on here.

Nick's a good guy.

Lost In Xanadu

TX_Rush

Pedro2112

Sundog and Digital Man

Why not next month? ;)

;)

Unfortunately, all of my remaining vacation time is already planned for the rest of the calendar year. (But hey, I'm grateful I still have some to use).

If/when I make it to Chicago, you and I can go hit up Geno's East for dinner or something. Sound good?

• Like 1

Met the banned Cozy Toes/NikkiSlikk at a couple of gigs and occasional poster Slim.

Nick's a good guy.

I don't doubt it. But he was highly successful at being a bastard on here.

Nick's a good guy.

I wouldn't doubt it either. All we had to go on was how he treated people here, and regardless of the different monikers he was using that aspect was always consistent. One thing is clear, some of the closest friends I've made from the board started out at odds with me because of their ability to rattle the cage. No one should judge a person based on how they're perceived online.
  • Like 2

Nick's a good guy.

I wouldn't doubt it either. All we had to go on was how he treated people here, and regardless of the different monikers he was using that aspect was always consistent. One thing is clear, some of the closest friends I've made from the board started out at odds with me because of their ability to rattle the cage. No one should judge a person based on how they're perceived online.

Yeah, for the most part, I can agree with that. It's also why I first said "...isn't even 10%...". But on the other hand, if someone represents themselves in a certain way, what other conclusion can readers come to?

• Like 2

Nick's a good guy.

Yeah, for the most part, I can agree with that. It's also why I first said "...isn't even 10%...". But on the other hand, if someone represents themselves in a certain way, what other conclusion can readers come to?

Agreed. I've never understood how or why if is that people 'present' themselves as a certain kind of personality if that's not really how they are. Just...be who you are. Right? :huh:

• Like 1

Nick's a good guy.

Agreed. I've never understood how or why if is that people 'present' themselves as a certain kind of personality if that's not really how they are. Just...be who you are. Right? :huh:

I can't say I understand that either. I agree with both you and Johnny. I try and do my best to remember that in order for the communication to be complete, the person presenting themselves only accounts for 50% of that communication while the other 50% is how the reader interprets. In many cases that interpretation is spot on with how it was presented, no issue there. In many cases though, that interpretation can be way off mark. All the same, after twenty or more posts presented in the same way the perception is much clearer. If they are coming off like a jerk that consistently, that's exactly what they were going for.
  • Like 3

If/when I make it to Chicago, you and I can go hit up Geno's East for dinner or something. Sound good?

That sounds awesome. :cheers:
  • Like 1

Nick's a good guy.

Agreed. I'd like to think that I'm no different on this board than I am in real life. I'm sure TX_Rush, WCM, or LiX can confirm that. Well, not LiX. He's a lying bastard. :LOL:
  • Like 3

Nick's a good guy.

Agreed. I'd like to think that I'm no different on this board than I am in real life. I'm sure TX_Rush, WCM, or LiX can confirm that. Well, not LiX. He's a lying bastard. :LOL:

That's all right...we know he feels the same way about all of us! ;)