Where did you meet that TRFer?

JohnnyBlaze

QUOTE (sundog @ Jul 23 2011, 05:38 PM)
TRF peeps that I have met: Sullysue, Rushman14, DigitalMan, chaotica, RushRevisited, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1,
GhostGirl, netgirl, ladirushfan80, BarneyRebel, signals1982, MidwayHawker(who used to be Earthshine), Pedro2112,
RolindaBonz, Sark, TheMaskedDrummer, DaveyT, D13, Flybynightgirl, Necromancer,
Vincent, CeeJ, TheGangsterofBoats, blonde77th, GhostofaRider, Test4VitalSigns, Tammeh, Bardan,
CygnustheGodofBalance, rickyrob, circumstantialtree, Cygnalschick, GrandpaGrizz (rest in peace), Rushgrrrl,
BastilleNight, CygnusX1Bk2, Draconator, Julie, LaFellaStrangiato, Trace, SodoffBaldrick, AlienGirl,
PrimeMoverandShaker, WideAngleWatcher, ImmortalforaLimitedTime, Hemisteve, Huskerspheres,
YaBigTree, GeddysMullet, Rendclaw, krlowe(onhis21stbday)Pags, Owlswing, PassTheAmmunition, Slacker, Tick, DifferentStrings, Troutman, OnTheRoad, Natch, HatchetAxeandSaw, QueenoftheMegadon,
TheSweetScience, Failte, Chicklette, Rushette101

Sully - I love you girl, please know that even though you were left off this list (and it was a huge mistake, it doesn't reflect on my feelings for you heart.gif )

I know, Sunny! It was a crazy weekend! hug2.gif cosmo.gif heart.gif

I have been blessed to have met some really great people. Just real kind, down to earth people. Had such a great time discussing music, laughing, having some drinks and talking about our mutual passion.....

Oh yeah, none of those people were from TRF.

bolt.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 22 2011, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 22 2011, 02:23 PM)
I met JohnnyBlaze on a cliff, on a mountain somewhere. I then saved his life and rode off into the sunset on my glistening white stallion.

Oh yeah I saw Babycat there too, just so she can say she's met somebody.

How'd I do?  smile.gif

Not dying is good. Thanks for the save Lone Ranger trink39.gif

http://www.elvaquero.com/images/The%20Lone%20Ranger.jpg

Anytime biggrin.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 22 2011, 05:23 AM)
I met JohnnyBlaze on a cliff, on a mountain somewhere. I then saved his life and rode off into the sunset on my glistening white stallion.

Oh yeah I saw Babycat there too, just so she can say she's met somebody.

How'd I do? smile.gif

Squeeeeeee! wub.gif 1022.gif 2.gif bncegrn.gif cheer.gif lips.gif th1245.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 22 2011, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Jul 20 2011, 01:55 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 20 2011, 04:26 PM)
I've never met anyone. sad.gif

Neither have I... sad.gif

WOW! Same!

There are so many of us... ohmy.gif

I haven't either. sad.gif

Well, there were a lot of TRFers I was trying to meet up with. But I only met Kelly D, who sold me her 4th row ticket. wub.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Jul 23 2011, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 23 2011, 06:27 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 23 2011, 12:27 AM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Jul 22 2011, 06:33 AM)
TRFers are Everywhere....

The list is long, and I hope I didn't forget anyone heart.gif

TRF peeps that I have met: DigitalMan, chaotica, RushRevisited, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1,
GhostGirl, netgirl, ladirushfan80, BarneyRebel, signals1982, MidwayHawker, Pedro2112,
Vincent, CeeJ, TheGangsterofBoats, blonde77th, GhostofaRider, Test4VitalSigns, Tammeh, Bardan,
CygnustheGodofBalance, rickyrob, circumstantialtree, Cygnalschick, GrandpaGrizz(RIP, my friend), Rushgrrrl,
BastilleNight, CygnusX1Bk2, Draconator, Julie, LaFellaStrangiato, Trace, SodoffBaldrick, AlienGirl,
PrimeMoverandShaker, WideAngleWatcher, ImmortalforaLimitedTime, Hemisteve, Huskerspheres,
YaBigTree, GeddysMullet, Rendclaw, krlowe(onhis21stbday) Pags, Owlswing, PassTheAmmunition,
Slacker, Tick, DifferentStrings, Troutman, OnTheRoad, Natch, Hatchet AxeandSaw, QueenoftheMegadon,
TheSweetScience, Failte, Chicklette, Rushette101 th1245.gif

I can see I left a long lasting impression.

*cough!*

ohmy.gif Crap ~ Sully ~ you're not there either??

facepalm.gif

Sully is making us T-shirts that say "chopped liver" laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 25 2011, 01:59 PM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Jul 23 2011, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 23 2011, 06:27 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 23 2011, 12:27 AM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Jul 22 2011, 06:33 AM)
TRFers are Everywhere....

The list is long, and I hope I didn't forget anyone heart.gif

TRF peeps that I have met: DigitalMan, chaotica, RushRevisited, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1,
GhostGirl, netgirl, ladirushfan80, BarneyRebel, signals1982, MidwayHawker, Pedro2112,
CygnustheGodofBalance, rickyrob, circumstantialtree, Cygnalschick, GrandpaGrizz(RIP, my friend), Rushgrrrl,
YaBigTree, GeddysMullet, Rendclaw, krlowe(onhis21stbday) Pags, Owlswing, PassTheAmmunition,
Slacker, Tick, DifferentStrings, Troutman, OnTheRoad, Natch, Hatchet AxeandSaw, QueenoftheMegadon,
TheSweetScience, Failte, Chicklette, Rushette101 th1245.gif

I can see I left a long lasting impression.

*cough!*

ohmy.gif Crap ~ Sully ~ you're not there either??

facepalm.gif

Sully is making us T-shirts that say "chopped liver" laugh.gif

yes.gif

tongue.gif

I bet a bunch of online Rush fans at the first RushCon (2001), but they were almost all from Tri-Net.

If any of those former Tri-Netters and other RC1 attendees are here, then yes, I've been a bunch of TRFers. Circumstantial Tree comes to mind. (Also spoke with him at the Hartford VT show.) How about the RushCon organizers - Jillian, Eddy Maxwell, Judy Staley?

Beyond that, the only TRFer I can recall meeting was iluvgeddy (Jill), who was also living in Albany and going to Rush shows at SPAC back then. (I still am; she's moved.)

Edited by GeddyRulz

' timestamp='1311342782' post='2340423] QUOTE (sundog @ Jul 22 2011, 09:35 AM) QUOTE (tick @ Jul 21 2011, 11:47 PM) QUOTE (Pags @ Jul 21 2011, 10:52 PM) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/Pagscon/pagscon055a.jpg

This is one of my favorite pics.� From the tailgate party before the Rush concert at PNC Arts Center in New Jersey - nearing the end of the amazing Pagscon, 2007 weekend.

From left to right:

Myself

Met him at birth.�

CeeJ (standing)

The first time I met CeeJ was in Tick's backyard.� I knew in an instant that she was an incredibly special person - and that if my wife would ever meet her they would become instantly bonded.� I was right.

Owlswing (Mrs. Pags)

First time I met Owlswing, she hated me - but at least she thought of me.� It wasn't until years later that... wub.gif

Slacker (seated in van, with hat and sunglasses)

First time I met Slacker was when he answered his front door.� I met him, Tick, and Necro there for a kick ass night in Rockaway, NY.� I hope everyone in the world gets to meet Slacker at least once in their lifetime.� Your life will be forever changed.� He's just that awesome.

Geds (knealing in forefront)

The first time I met Geds was when he came to New York and we met up in Manhattan on what was probably one of the coldest nights of the year in February.� A KILLER night, that was.� I really like this guy a lot and miss getting to pal around with him.

GG (seated in center of van)

The first time I met GG was when she arrived at our home with her son for Pagscon, 2007.� She is so kind, and instantly you wished she and her family lived up the street from us so she could be around all the time.

1-0-0-1-0-0-1 (seated in van with white hat)

The first time I met 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 was when he arrived at our home for Pagscon, 2007.� If you think he's a great guy on this board, you're right.� But that's nothing compared to the guy I got to know off this board.

Necromancer (knealing with black shirt)

The first time I met Necro was on Slacker's back deck, before heading out to the bar.� What a night.� And what a great friend he has become, as well.� I love this guy.

Ladirushfan80 (far right)

The first time I met Ladi was that same February evening when it was freezing in NY.� It was such a memorable night for everyone.� Ladi is just the coolest.� And she kicks ass.� Literally.� Took Necro down for the count on Coney Island beach.� yes.gif

I can't believe this picture is from 4 years ago already.� sad.gif

edited to correct horrible spelling.

Sure, pick a picture without me in it! angry.gif

atickhum.gif bacon.gif

Yup - we aren't in that one either. angry.gif

wub.gif

That's because this is from Pagscon 2007. I haven't posted from 2008 yet. biggrin.gif

That's coming next. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

So JohnnyBlaze posted a link to this thread and reading through it was awesome. But I came upon a post where I told @sundog I would post a certain pic and I never did. So I'm making good on that. Here it is! and more!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/ceejspics3/100_0621.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/ceejspics3/IMG_0889.jpg

During the S&A show at PNC in 2008

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/Pagscon%20II%20-%2008/DSCF2741.jpg

The Famous Exxon Tailgate!

• Like 3

' timestamp='1311342782' post='2340423] QUOTE (sundog @ Jul 22 2011, 09:35 AM) QUOTE (tick @ Jul 21 2011, 11:47 PM) QUOTE (Pags @ Jul 21 2011, 10:52 PM) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/Pagscon/pagscon055a.jpg

This is one of my favorite pics.� From the tailgate party before the Rush concert at PNC Arts Center in New Jersey - nearing the end of the amazing Pagscon, 2007 weekend.

From left to right:

Myself

Met him at birth.�

CeeJ (standing)

The first time I met CeeJ was in Tick's backyard.� I knew in an instant that she was an incredibly special person - and that if my wife would ever meet her they would become instantly bonded.� I was right.

Owlswing (Mrs. Pags)

First time I met Owlswing, she hated me - but at least she thought of me.� It wasn't until years later that... wub.gif

Slacker (seated in van, with hat and sunglasses)

First time I met Slacker was when he answered his front door.� I met him, Tick, and Necro there for a kick ass night in Rockaway, NY.� I hope everyone in the world gets to meet Slacker at least once in their lifetime.� Your life will be forever changed.� He's just that awesome.

Geds (knealing in forefront)

The first time I met Geds was when he came to New York and we met up in Manhattan on what was probably one of the coldest nights of the year in February.� A KILLER night, that was.� I really like this guy a lot and miss getting to pal around with him.

GG (seated in center of van)

The first time I met GG was when she arrived at our home with her son for Pagscon, 2007.� She is so kind, and instantly you wished she and her family lived up the street from us so she could be around all the time.

1-0-0-1-0-0-1 (seated in van with white hat)

The first time I met 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 was when he arrived at our home for Pagscon, 2007.� If you think he's a great guy on this board, you're right.� But that's nothing compared to the guy I got to know off this board.

Necromancer (knealing with black shirt)

The first time I met Necro was on Slacker's back deck, before heading out to the bar.� What a night.� And what a great friend he has become, as well.� I love this guy.

Ladirushfan80 (far right)

The first time I met Ladi was that same February evening when it was freezing in NY.� It was such a memorable night for everyone.� Ladi is just the coolest.� And she kicks ass.� Literally.� Took Necro down for the count on Coney Island beach.� yes.gif

I can't believe this picture is from 4 years ago already.� sad.gif

edited to correct horrible spelling.

Sure, pick a picture without me in it! angry.gif

atickhum.gif bacon.gif

Yup - we aren't in that one either. angry.gif

wub.gif

That's because this is from Pagscon 2007. I haven't posted from 2008 yet. biggrin.gif

That's coming next. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

So JohnnyBlaze posted a link to this thread and reading through it was awesome. But I came upon a post where I told @sundog I would post a certain pic and I never did. So I'm making good on that. Here it is! and more!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/ceejspics3/100_0621.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/ceejspics3/IMG_0889.jpg

During the S&A show at PNC in 2008

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/Pagscon%20II%20-%2008/DSCF2741.jpg

The Famous Exxon Tailgate!

That last pic is a classic but the one looking down from the balcony/2nd floor is total quality!

Since the last time I posted in here, I've met up with the following:

Lost In Xanadu

TX_Rush

Pedro2112

Sundog and Digital Man

Next month, I'm going to to Salt Lake City to visit Workingcinderellaman, and Goose is going too. Looking forward to that! We are also going to try and meet up with That One Guy and Stone in a Hard Place. More news to follow. :haz:

• Like 5

That guy Johnny Blaze can pack away the booze for a middle aged guy who looks 15.

:atickhum:

:LOL: Naturally, I forgot about this post (now) years old post. :LOL:

Do you look 16 yet?
  • Like 1

That guy Johnny Blaze can pack away the booze for a middle aged guy who looks 15.

:atickhum:

:LOL: Naturally, I forgot about this post (now) years old post. :LOL:

Do you look 16 yet?

:LOL:

How's this?

Last spring Tokyo Disneyland. He's no TRFer but he's still pretty incredible.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_22.jpg

I didn't stop getting carded in the states until I was in my late 30s (5 years ago). :)

• Like 4

Found these on Facebook...September '07, Toronto. These pics are mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Hard Rock Cafe, Toronto. Rolinda Bonz meets me for the first time and immediately buys me a drink (down in a flash). Cool woman, very easy to talk to.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_26.jpg

Barney Rebel. Great company. Good sense of humor.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_25.jpg

After the first of two Rush gigs that week...all kinds of TRFers here: Rolinda Bonz, Lady April, YaBigTree, Barney, D13, Signals1982 (or is it '83?)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_24.jpg

Signals and his big bro Dave. Cool bros. Very fun to hang with.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_27.jpg

After the Rush tribute act (Rushcon whatever was going down between two Rush gigs that year), Barney & Sigs & Dave & I continued the booze in the hotel. A LOT OF laughter and "Would you..." scenarios. A bit later some dudes came in with an acoustic and started playing Rush tunes but by then my vision and auditory abilities were well f***ed. True story :LOL:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_23.jpg

Top of the CN Tower with Rolinda Bonz, Lady April, and FlyByNight Girl (Liz). Very fun day topped off with a visit to Steam Whistle Brewery with Bonzy & Liz (i think booze was a recurring theme that week). I think it was that same day that we went to the Rush tribute concert...which is actually on the extra DVD with Beyond the Lighted Stage...the Rushcon/karaoke bit (and I'm briefly in that too! Barney too!).

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/Mobile%20Uploads/image_28.jpg

• Like 2

Lost In Xanadu

TX_Rush

Pedro2112

Sundog and Digital Man

Same for me... except for tx_rush... thank God.

Well... and replace myself with ILs.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

TX_Rush

Pedro2112

Sundog and Digital Man

Same for me... except for tx_rush... thank God.

Well... and replace myself with ILs.

Next time TX is up visiting his in-laws, we'll have to all get together for dinner.

Lost In Xanadu

TX_Rush

Pedro2112

Sundog and Digital Man

Next month, I'm going to to Salt Lake City to visit Workingcinderellaman, and Goose is going too. Looking forward to that! We are also going to try and meet up with That One Guy and Stone in a Hard Place. More news to follow. :haz:

The great 2015 TRF Utah Meetup! :LOL:

Haven't met a TRFer yet, save for some face time in Google+ hangout with a few.

Lost In Xanadu

TX_Rush

Pedro2112

Sundog and Digital Man

It's always a lot of fun to meet other TRFers. You only get to see a facet or two of someone's personality on a forum. It's a lot of fun to see those other facets.
  • Like 2

Lost In Xanadu

TX_Rush

Pedro2112

Sundog and Digital Man

It's always a lot of fun to meet other TRFers. You only get to see a facet or two of someone's personality on a forum. It's a lot of fun to see those other facets.

Yeah, I imagine that's true.

If you guys do make that happen in Salt Lake, we'll expect a full report...with photos!