THE INTERDIMENSIONAL VORTEX TO END!

rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 19 2011, 05:56 AM)
As often as I do like to kid, alas, I'm not this time.

The time has come for me to close up shop with my radio show after almost 5 years so I can focus on other things.  I MAY start it up again in a few months, but for now I'm considering it finished.

I'll be doing 2 or perhaps 3 more shows tops, the one this week, July 21st, and then one or two weeks beyond that - I'll update that info soon.

This week's show will be a regular show, and the week or two after that will be theme shows.  Please no more requests.

Thanks all for your listening and support over the years.  At some point soon I'll be working to archive and organize as many of my past shows as possible.

STAY TUNED IN THIS THREAD OVER THE NEXT WEEK OR SO FOR MORE UPDATES.

Peace & Love,

Gary/Goober

Perhaps you could consider doing on On-Demand download show over at The Dividing Line? confused13.gif

You could record a show at your leisure and post it for later download AND introduce yourself to a wider audience. yes.gif

Aw man... I'll have to find something else to do on Thursday nights! laugh.gif unsure.gif But you had a good run, Gary! I owe it to you for all the music you turned me on to -- music that I probably never would have discovered without your show! Thanks man. smile.gif Looking forward to see what you have in store for next week's show!

QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Jul 30 2011, 10:32 PM)
I just started listening, I wish I'd gotten to hear more :[ it's very very nice.

The same happened to me and recently I've only been getting to hear some of the show...this is sad sad.gif

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jul 21 2011, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Jul 19 2011, 08:41 AM)
fists crying.gif but I just started listening  sad.gif

Ah well, can you please play my favorite album ever, Vapor Trails?

Or maybe a Porcupine Tree/Opeth marathon

At least GBR's joke was relevant. The sheer though of what motivated you to say this... Christ.

(and I don't even have a problem with Opeth / PT)

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jul 29 2011, 04:30 PM)
Aw man... I'll have to find something else to do on Thursday nights! laugh.gif unsure.gif But you had a good run, Gary! I owe it to you for all the music you turned me on to -- music that I probably never would have discovered without your show! Thanks man. smile.gif Looking forward to see what you have in store for next week's show!

Yep. Gary taught so much biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jul 31 2011, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jul 29 2011, 04:30 PM)

Yep. Gary taught so much biggrin.gif

Indeed he did fists crying.gif

Thanks everyone for your very kind words. I wish I could keep going, but I need to let it go, at least for the foreseeable future.

Don't forget to tune in for my last show THIS Thursday. It will be my BEST SHOW EVER - the theme being "Songs I Want Played At My Funeral!"

smile.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 31 2011, 03:49 PM)
Also remember peeps, I have about 90 archives shows available here:

http://www.kskq.org/index.php?option=com_c...&layout=default

I have about 60 more I still have to upload from 2007, 2008 & 2009 that will be coming in the next few weeks!

When can we expect the super limited collector's complete collection edition CD/DVD box set with studio outtakes and 5.1 surround sound? wink.gif

jk..excited to hear the old stuff again!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 3 2011, 10:11 PM)
so is the 3 hour show starting early or ending late?  Anyhoo cannot wait for the series finale....

This will be worse than the end of LOST!

THE SHOW WILL BE THURSDAY, AUGUST 4TH FROM 5-8PM PST (8-11pm EST) - IT WILL START THE REGULAR TIME AND GO AN HOUR LATER!

WWW.KSKQ.ORG - CLICK ON "LISTEN NOW!"

smile.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Aug 4 2011, 03:18 PM)
i have to be at work at 4:30 in the morning, so i'll probably be in bed trying to sleep by 8 this week. i'll miss the show though sad.gif and i hope the final show goes fantastically!

Thanks, Colinfledge! I'll have the archive up soonish... smile.gif

Hey guys, now that Goob's show has ended, I might have found a possible alternative to hang out on thursdays. There is a site called turntable.fm where we can create rooms and take turns spinning tracks and also chat in real time. It's actually very fun and interactive and kind of addicting.

The downside is you have to log in with your facebook account and it doesnt work well with internet explorer. If you are interested in checking it out, I created a room called "Vortex" in honor of the goob. I'll be hanging out in there so just follow this link and I'll show you the ropes

http://turntable.fm/vortex

When you log in you'll have to create a screen name. Try to use your TRF name so we can recognize each other. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Aug 11 2011, 10:32 AM)
Hey guys, now that Goob's show has ended, I might have found a possible alternative to hang out on thursdays. There is a site called turntable.fm where we can create rooms and take turns spinning tracks and also chat in real time. It's actually very fun and interactive and kind of addicting.

The downside is you have to log in with your facebook account and it doesnt work well with internet explorer. If you are interested in checking it out, I created a room called "Vortex" in honor of the goob. I'll be hanging out in there so just follow this link.

http://turntable.fm/vortex

When you log in you'll have to create a screen name. Try to use your TRF name so we can recognize each other.  1022.gif

Phil Castro and I are rockin some tunes in here if anyone want to join us. smile.gif

Edited by Rushman14