Neil Peart News July

Tony R

QUOTE (Dobner has assumed control @ Jul 18 2011, 01:28 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jul 16 2011, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (sonictheplumber @ Jul 16 2011, 08:17 PM)
earthshine are you a conservative christian female from the 1950s?

geddy can say whatever he wants to say on stage, and if you are taking a baby to a concert to begin with, I'm sure you've sweared around your kids before

grow up

He can say whatever he wants. But I don't have to bring my kids to his concerts. Nor will many others. Has nothing to do with being Christian or conservative. It has to do with class. Bands that use the f bomb on stage show no class. Not even Zeppelin did such things. Yet, they had class. Something that Rush is losing it seems. I guess that Geddy is trying to "relate to" the younger foul mouthed generation. Honestly, it probably just happened. I would expect better of him. I thought he was beyond that.

There is one thing I think you are forgetting. These guys aren't prophets sent down from the heavens, they are human beings just like the rest of us. So once in 30+ years of doing shows, Geddy says the foul, heathen mother of curse words and you claim that it diminishes the bands class? Give me a break, when did everyone start becoming hypocritical, pompous, idiots?

Geddy as far as I'm concerned you can say whatever the hell you want to say my friend, same goes for the rest of the band. Human, all too human.

signs015.gif

word, i think is more accurate

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on neil's religious views,who is to say that if any of us went through losing a child and a wife with in the space of 2 years,we would'nt feel the same way?

i lost my dad,sister,and uncle in a space of 4 years,and though i did'nt lose my faith,i understand how somebody else could,especially if you lose a child!

QUOTE (Dobner has assumed control @ Jul 18 2011, 02:25 AM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 01:40 AM)

word,  i think is more accurate

I don't know what you mean so I'm going to post bacon

bacon.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif bacon.gif

bacon is always good

i thought you meant it was more than one f-bomb, sorry. It was late

Bacon=GOD

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jul 18 2011, 02:19 AM)
Even Neil seemed shocked by it. He seems to rationalize it at the end of his long article, but I can tell even he didn't like it. I imagine if he brings it up, it might go like this:

(THIS IS PURE SATIRE! JUST FOR FUN! Do NOT take it seriously! smile.gif )

Neil: "You really told them what you felt that last night Dirk."

Geddy: "Yeah, Pratt. It was a f***ing great tour."

Neil: "I was just a little...surprised! (said with a smile and a good natured smile). smile.gif

Geddy: "f**k man! It's rock 'n' roll!"

Neil: "But when we use those words, we become like some of them". Then takes a drink from The Macallen. trink38.gif

Geddy: "Them? Lerxst are you getting all this?"

Alex: schla03.gif

Neil: Yeah, them! The ones I like to call 'The Wal-Mart shoppers'. Those who come to our shows to 'party' and who wouldn't know Hemingway from Hemispheres. The over 250 lb. people who have been getting drunk and stoned the whole day of the show."

Geddy: "Well, they pay for their tickets too."

Alex: "Does anybody know the score on the World Cup?"

Neil: "Not sure. I can ask Michael to check. As long as it is not Japan! Or the U.S.! Neither deserve to win and neither deserve to be there."

Neil calls Michael on his cell.

Neil: "Japan just won. More proof there is no God. I mean look at how they treat their women? You know that those women felt they had to win. Or else..."

Geddy: "Pratt, it is just a game. I am cool with it. Look at how great they are getting in baseball."

Neil: "Bet nobody over there dropped the f bomb when they won. Yet America sure bombed them."

Geddy: "We got a song from it."

Neil: "That hopefully educated Americans and the world."

Neil: "Ged, I don't know what's come of you. First, you fight again to make us play Closer to the Heart which you know I DO NOT want to play EVER again!!! Yet, I play it to make YOU happy! Then, you go and drop the f bomb without even telling us or even asking us what we think of it! I know Lerxst was embarrassed, as was I! I wanted to run even FASTER than I do off that stage!" angry.gif

Geddy: "Neil, you're homesick for Carrie and Olivia. You'll be better after getting home to them."

Neil: "That's ANOTHER thing! Carrie heard about it, texted me and asked 'Did he really say that?' She later called me, we talked and she said, 'I am glad Olivia was not there. Now or when she is a little older.' I didn't know what to tell her. I know that....(sobs a little) Selena would not have liked it. She always thought more of you. And us."

Geddy: (After a long pause) "Well, man. I am sorry. I really am."

Neil: "I tried to cover for you in my blog. Tried to do 'damage control'".

Geddy: Thanks man. Guess I'll see you back in the studio. And to get ready for the next tour."

Alex: "There is no 'next tour'. I am leaving". rofl3.gif

Neil: "Shut up!" (with a smile) smile.gif

Geddy: "No, I am leaving. Got too much solo material in the can." wink.gif

Neil: "Are you serious?" ohmy.gif

Geddy: "(With a smile) Nah!!!!! We hold on!" smile.gif

2.gif

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif LOL.gif joker.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And I bet that's what actually happened... unsure.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (Dobner has assumed control @ Jul 18 2011, 02:19 AM)
One more thing, this thread should probably be renamed, "Blog by Neil Peart: Peart Haters Voice Your Hate and Those Who Are Indifferent Make Rebuttals."

beathorse.gif

I prefer to think of it as horse-tenderizer. You get a lot more cash for it in Canada that way.

beathorse.gif drool1.gif user posted image

QUOTE (rollthebones1963 @ Jul 18 2011, 06:29 AM)
on neil's religious views,who is to say that if any of us went through losing a child and a wife with in the space of 2 years,we would'nt feel the same way?
i lost my dad,sister,and uncle in a space of 4 years,and though i did'nt lose my faith,i understand how somebody else could,especially if you lose a child!

Well this didnt start when he lost his family. He's been writing songs about his views on this throughout their entire career, it just didnt really take off until after that happened.

Like I said earlier, I dont think it would come up quite as often as it does on this site if it was just in a song here and there like it used to be. But when entire albums are written about not just his lack of faith, but his personal problems with seemingly all people of faith, and then writing about it in his books, insulting these people in this blog posts, he's just asking for backlash.

People can keep crying about it beating a dead horse, but it will never stop until he stops. Most all talk about Neil will be what is has been for years now, how much he doesnt like touring, doesnt like meeting fans, and doesnt like religion, because the only other thing the guy talks about his riding his bike, which is not interesting at all to most people. And the fact that it sounds like clockwork is just going to continue this, well get used to the religion talk, its not going away anytime soon.

I would kill for a nice positive Rush album, anything other than religion, hell even if its about something negative, but not religion would be fine for me. Especially if its their last album, he's going to retire with another album full of 5 minute bitchfests about religion and people of faith? Nice way to go out.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 18 2011, 08:32 AM)

Well this didnt start when he lost his family. He's been writing songs about his views on this throughout their entire career, it just didnt really take off until after that happened.

Like I said earlier, I dont think it would come up quite as often as it does on this site if it was just in a song here and there like it used to be. But when entire albums are written about not just his lack of faith, but his personal problems with seemingly all people of faith, and then writing about it in his books, insulting these people in this blog posts, he's just asking for backlash.

People can keep crying about it beating a dead horse, but it will never stop until he stops. Most all talk about Neil will be what is has been for years now, how much he doesnt like touring, doesnt like meeting fans, and doesnt like religion, because the only other thing the guy talks about his riding his bike, which is not interesting at all to most people. And the fact that it sounds like clockwork is just going to continue this, well get used to the religion talk, its not going away anytime soon.

I would kill for a nice positive Rush album, anything other than religion, hell even if its about something negative, but not religion would be fine for me. Especially if its their last album, he's going to retire with another album full of 5 minute bitchfests about religion and people of faith? Nice way to go out.

THAT would be a damn shame.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jul 16 2011, 08:56 PM)
Yeah? Go read his last story, from last month I believe. I stopped reading when I got to the point where he says (and all those loonies.... woops... I meant people of faith).

What is he 10 years old? The dude is an immature child attacking huge groups of people not only on his albums, but even in his little blog posts.

Im not a person of faith, but I could never imagine writing something like that in a blog, knowing people are paying attention. Not unless I wanted to look like a total douchebag.

I am a man of faith and I wish he would quit doing it too. I doesn't offend me, but it does rip me right out of what he was talking about. It is like he goes out of his way to make little digs. Towards the end of Far And Away he spends time saying that gaining the respect of his fellow man is a high goal for him. Then in the next section he says that he has no respect for anyone who believes in God.

I don't know why he bothers so much. I love the music and I enjoy reading his books. I wish he would keep the religion bashing to a minimum or eliminate it altogether.

If you don't want eternal life then don't worry, it won't fall on you. [/quote]
There's nothing wrong with not believing in god, but there is something wrong with attacking those that do on a constant basis. He not only uses multiple Rush albums as a vehicle for this, but he also does in his news posts.

I'm more indifferent about it. I would never say there is no god because I simply dont know and just never headed down that path, but totally understand why people have faith and what that does for them, and its a good thing. Not specifically being a worshiper doesnt make me a bad person. Im very moral and kind to everyone I meet. But he regularly crosses that line into just flat out insulting everyone that's different than him, and uses any way he can do it, Rush albums, his site, books.

Despite all the success he's had and all the people that hang on his every word, he really just a cranky bitter closed minded old man, no different than anyone else just like him.

If he were anyone else I would ignore, but since Im a fan it just annoys me that he goes on and on about this. I hoped S&A would be the end of it, but it seems like clockwork will be more of the same shit. If its the last Rush album, he would go out with just another album of attacking people different than him. Sometimes I wonder how Geddy and Alex feel about that, if they even care. [/quote]
I don't care whether Peart believe in God or not. That is his choice.

But has he not tried to look deeper at things in life with all that he went through? And not only those things, but at the great things that have come back into his life; such as playing music, meeting a new wife and having a new child?! ohmy.gif

To him, it is all chance. Maybe it is.

But Peart is more and more calling people who choose to believe in any type of a Higher Power morons. As if to say they are stupid and he is smart and knows better.

I hope Peart continues to enjoy his life.

Maybe he did look deeper and didn't find a god there. Many of us do.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 18 2011, 08:32 AM)

Let's get a little context, here. How many songs on S&A do you think were about religion?

If Neil can't find god, there's no use in him talking about it. It results in empty conversation.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 18 2011, 10:12 AM)
If Neil can't find god, there's no use in him talking about it. It results in empty conversation.

like religious dogma?

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 11:19 AM)

like religious dogma?

If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Case closed.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 18 2011, 10:27 AM)

like religious dogma?

tell that to Kansas

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 11:32 AM)

like religious dogma?

tell that to Kansas

assuming you're speaking of the Fred Phelps congregation. I wish they'd shut up too.

However, even they are protected by free speech.

Edited by circumstantial tree

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 18 2011, 10:42 AM)

like religious dogma?

tell that to Kansas

assuming you're speaking of the Fred Phelps congregation. I wish they'd shut up too.

for now, its all the push for righteous legislation in this country that worries me. Jefferson was pretty clear on that separation thing

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 18 2011, 10:42 AM)

like religious dogma?

tell that to Kansas

for now, its all the push for righteous legislation in this country that worries me. Jefferson was pretty clear on that separation thing

I doubt our government pays any attention to the likes of Fred Phelps.

phelps is a herring, its people like Rick Santorum that truly scare me

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jul 18 2011, 11:56 AM)
phelps is a herring, its people like Rick Santorum that truly scare me

why? Because of his Christian beliefs?

No matter who runs for president, they all have some kind of belief that motivates them, religious or otherwise.

Rick Santorum is probably the real thing though as opposed to Obama who only goes to church for publicity purposes and photo ops.