Green lantern

briremo

Has no one seen this?

My 15 years old son's friends have seen and say "Blech". Being they are known for their discriminating tastes, thought I'd check here to see if anyone thought it worthwhile. My wife keeps wanting to go becuase Ryan Reynolds has great abs facepalm.gif

After reading the reviews I took a pass. However, I was taking my neice to see a movie, and she wanted to see it. So I saw it.

Wasn't that bad. Kinda good actually.

I went with my wife and daughter and we enjoyed it a lot.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 5 2011, 12:47 PM)
After reading the reviews I took a pass. However, I was taking my neice to see a movie, and she wanted to see it. So I saw it.

The critics don't appear to like it just because it's another comic book movie, and because it's a more obscure one they assume that it's a bottom of the barrel character...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 6 2011, 03:31 AM)

The critics don't appear to like it just because it's another comic book movie, and because it's a more obscure one they assume that it's a bottom of the barrel character...

I trust what my brothers, friends, and what TRFers say about films before any movie critic. yes.gif

I'm not a Ryan Reynolds fan but I'm going to check this one out...think it comes out this September out here. I haven't read too many GL comics but Reynolds doesn't seem to match the character at all [from what I've read].

A friend of mine's college flatmate had a hand in the special effects on this film. I heard that bit looks pretty cool.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 5 2011, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 6 2011, 03:31 AM)

I trust what my brothers, friends, and what TRFers say about films before any movie critic. yes.gif

I'm not a Ryan Reynolds fan but I'm going to check this one out...think it comes out this September out here. I haven't read too many GL comics but Reynolds doesn't seem to match the character at all [from what I've read].

A friend of mine's college flatmate had a hand in the special effects on this film. I heard that bit looks pretty cool.

notworthy.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 5 2011, 09:33 PM)

Indeed. Thus my inquiry to the feloow friends here.

I just saw this and was pretty entertaining...

But I have to admit the whole idea of Green Lantern and his powers seems a bit ropey, both the source of the power (Will) and they Reynolds used them...

Was this popular enough to spawn a sequel?

I liked it well enough. It wasn't as terrible as some of the harshest critics have said it was.

I've been a fan of comics for over 25 years, so my opinions about it are a little skewed - we comic geeks tend to compare movies to the source material a little more than we should sometimes, IMO.

As objectively as I can... as a movie, disregarding the source material... I liked it. It's pretty good. The acting is good, the special effects are great, and the plot is pretty good, too. Anywhere from a C+ to a B, depending on my mood laugh.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 22 2011, 04:20 AM)
Saw this on a flight last week...I never liked Ryan Reynolds (must he ALWAYS be the same?) but I've always liked the idea of GL's power being connected to his will. Overall, it was okay.

I haven't seen Reynolds in anything else I don't think...

What's he been in?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 22 2011, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 22 2011, 04:20 AM)
Saw this on a flight last week...I never liked Ryan Reynolds (must he ALWAYS be the same?) but I've always liked the idea of GL's power being connected to his will. Overall, it was okay.

I haven't seen Reynolds in anything else I don't think...

What's he been in?

the Amityville Horror remake, the Wolverine flick, one of the Blade movies, and that tv show 2 Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place.

Don't worry he's always the same so you're not missing too much. He just seems to get more and more muscular as his film career continues.