Alex's Signature Les Pauls are mouth watering

Dobner has assumed control

I would love to get my hands on one of these. Preferably the wine red one. (Too damn expensive though)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Guitars/Gibson_LP_Lifeson-signed_Tops.jpg

http://www.dv247.de/assets/products/84111_l.jpg

MOD EDIT: Shrunk huge photo

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

yes.gif

Beautiful! but unless I hit the lottery..... confused13.gif

QUOTE (Dobner has assumed control @ Jul 5 2011, 02:52 AM)
I would love to get my hands on one of these. Preferably the wine red one. (Too damn expensive though)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Guitars/Gibson_LP_Lifeson-signed_Tops.jpg

drool1.gif !

MOD EDIT: Shrunk huge photo

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Yeah 6g's is way too pricey for a Les Paul. You're paying a lot more than the actual instrument is worth because his name is attached to it, but Ill bet it takes them a long time to sell all those out at that incredibly inflated price for a guitar that you can get for significantly cheaper with all the same parts.

Cant get over that price though. I paid about 3 grand for a custom built 6 string MTD bass, and I always felt I over paid for that, even though it was hand built by Mike Tobias and is the finest bass ive ever played, 3 grand is still a lot for a bass. Was this guitar hand built by Alex or Les Paul? Nope, which means it is definitely not worth it.

QUOTE (Dobner has assumed control @ Jul 4 2011, 09:52 PM)

Oooh! Gorgeous!

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 6 2011, 04:23 PM)
Yeah 6g's is way too pricey for a Les Paul. You're paying a lot more than the actual instrument is worth because his name is attached to it, but Ill bet it takes them a long time to sell all those out at that incredibly inflated price for a guitar that you can get for significantly cheaper with all the same parts.

Cant get over that price though. I paid about 3 grand for a custom built 6 string MTD bass, and I always felt I over paid for that, even though it was hand built by Mike Tobias and is the finest bass ive ever played, 3 grand is still a lot for a bass. Was this guitar hand built by Alex or Les Paul? Nope, which means it is definitely not worth it.

I can understand what you are saying about how a custom with all the same parts would be cheaper, but I have not seen the guitar cost more than $3,999. Where did you see it for 6g's? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Dobner has assumed control @ Jul 6 2011, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 6 2011, 04:23 PM)

I can understand what you are saying about how a custom with all the same parts would be cheaper, but I have not seen the guitar cost more than $3,999. Where did you see it for 6g's? confused13.gif

The MSRP listed by Gibson is $6115. We all know that nobody really sells at MSRP. Regardless - $4K is still way more than the average person can afford to spend on a guitar.

I think there's a price point past which you're not longer getting "value" and are just paying for status. I can't imagine any brand-new, factory made, mass-produced guitar being actually worth more than $2000.

Having said that, I would still buy one of these in a heartbeat if I had $10K just sitting around that I didn't need for other luxuries like rent, food, insurance, clothing, gas, etc.... ;-)

I think it's worth mentioning that Geddy's signature instrument goes for under $1K. wink.gif (I love being a bass player)

Still, those pictures are making me drool on my keyboard. Every time I listen to Alex just go at it, I have to convince myself I don't need a less crappy guitar. And I agree with what ewblank said; Rickenbacker basses are ridiculously expensive just because guys like Geddy made them famous. But I would still buy one if I could, and same goes for the Axcess.

Here's a custom built one I stumbled over a few years back in full swing.... only 14 in exsistance!!!

Les Paul tone with all the trimmings is the way I say!

(Sorry about the gaffs in the playing but its a good view of the guitar at least!).

Edited by Lerxst UK

QUOTE (gatorbass @ Jul 7 2011, 12:27 PM)
I think it's worth mentioning that Geddy's signature instrument goes for under $1K. wink.gif (I love being a bass player)

Still, those pictures are making me drool on my keyboard. Every time I listen to Alex just go at it, I have to convince myself I don't need a less crappy guitar. And I agree with what ewblank said; Rickenbacker basses are ridiculously expensive just because guys like Geddy made them famous. But I would still buy one if I could, and same goes for the Axcess.

The difference is, Ged does not play that <$1k instrument on stage.

Definitely not for the people who don't have much to spend. But...

My pockets aren't that deep, but I don't have a problem buying an expensive guitar like this. I like to think of these things as an investment.

I'm thinking the value of these shouldn't decrease that much in the near future. And sometime in the future I'm thinking these will go up in value. I've already seen AL 355's sell on Ebay for more than what the original pricetag was!

I'm just wondering how much in value the actual signed Alex Les Pauls will increase in value. What do you think?

QUOTE (SignatureAurora75 @ Jul 15 2011, 08:36 PM)
Definitely not for the people who don't have much to spend.  But...

My pockets aren't that deep, but I don't have a problem buying an expensive guitar like this.  I like to think of these things as an investment.

I'm thinking the value of these shouldn't decrease that much in the near future.  And sometime in the future I'm thinking these will go up in value.  I've already seen AL 355's sell on Ebay for more than what the original pricetag was!

I'm just wondering how much in value the actual signed Alex Les Pauls will increase in value.  What do you think?

Very true, the 355's have been selling relatively high, only 300 made. I'm sure that the signed AL Les Pauls will keep their value as well (only 50 total).

I'm curious to see what they will go for if anyone decides to ever sell one. Mine is an unsigned Viceroy Brown. It truly is a fantastic playing, sounding and versatile guitar. Not too bad looking either! I picked this up to be played and be my new #1 gigging axe. My Howard Roberts will finally get some well needed rest. smile.gif

QUOTE (mrbarlint @ Jul 15 2011, 07:16 PM)
Very true, the 355's have been selling relatively high, only 300 made. I'm sure that the signed AL Les Pauls will keep their value as well (only 50 total).
I'm curious to see what they will go for if anyone decides to ever sell one. Mine is an unsigned Viceroy Brown. It truly is a fantastic playing, sounding and versatile guitar. Not too bad looking either! I picked this up to be played and be my new #1 gigging axe. My Howard Roberts will finally get some well needed rest. smile.gif

Hey Ron, have you heard anything about all the signed ones being all gone? I'm wondering if they still have any left that are brand new.

QUOTE (SignatureAurora75 @ Jul 15 2011, 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (mrbarlint @ Jul 15 2011, 07:16 PM)
I'm curious to see what they will go for if anyone decides to ever sell one. Mine is an unsigned Viceroy Brown. It truly is a fantastic playing, sounding and versatile guitar. Not too bad looking either! I picked this up to be played and be my new #1 gigging axe. My Howard Roberts will finally get some well needed rest.  smile.gif

Hey Ron, have you heard anything about all the signed ones being all gone? I'm wondering if they still have any left that are brand new.

Hey Steve. Hope all is well. I have not come across any signed ones for sale (new or used).

P.S. You're killing me with your Rush cabernet wine posts. That might be the coolest Rush collectible I have ever seen. Seriously. Not that I would imagine you would ever drink or part with it, but remember to keep that bottle tilted. Though I guess Rush vinegar would be pretty unique too.