• Dog Years
    • Carve Away the Stone
    • The Stars Look Down
    • Sweet Miracle
    • Out of the Cradle
    • Hope
    • Good News First

This contest is modeled after the Worst of the Best. Here are the rules:

I went to Feedback and took the two songs with the least votes from each album (except for Feedback, and VT, which had 2 songs tie for the second least popular, so I chose three.) The whole point of this poll is to vote for the songs that you like the BEST. That way, we can gradually eliminate two by two rather than having only one poll to decide the worst Rush song.

Three songs will be eliminated before we run the next poll, some time around 7/7/11.

Edited by laughedatbytime

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 4 2011, 01:59 PM)
The fact that Tom Sawyer is on the list is hilarious and just WRONG

Yeah that should be eliminated first round, I would guess.

http://www.myemoticons.com/images/animals/trees-leaves/tree-5.gifhttp://www.myemoticons.com/images/animals/trees-leaves/tree.gifhttp://www.myemoticons.com/images/animals/trees-leaves/tree-3.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 4 2011, 12:59 PM)

The fact that anything from AFTK, Hemispheres, PeW, and MP is on this list is purely a function of the rules. I suspect the voters will agree and all of these great songs will be removed in short order.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 4 2011, 07:28 PM)

The fact that anything from AFTK, Hemispheres, PeW, and MP is on this list is purely a function of the rules. I suspect the voters will agree and all of these great songs will be removed in short order.

Except there's nothing from PeW on the list...straight from The Trees to Witch Hunt

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 4 2011, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 4 2011, 07:28 PM)

Except there's nothing from PeW on the list...straight from The Trees to Witch Hunt

oops.gif

It doesn't appear that you can edit a poll, either. sad.gif

The two songs from PeW that "should" be on here are Different Strings and Entre Nous.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jul 4 2011, 06:08 PM)
Emotion Detector is the song I like best, but if the best are eliminated first, we'll be left with the worst of the worst, NOT the best of the worst.

Just like the Worst of the Best is defined in a way to produce the best song, this contest is designed to find the worst, as the remaining song will have the least support. So if you like a particular song, vote it out of the contest.

This poll will determine the worst of the worst, not the best of the worst. When you eliminate the best songs on the list, you end up with the worst song on the list, and conversely, to end up with the best song on the list you have to eliminate all the worst songs.

The "Worst Of The Best" poll voting protocol is wrong too, and is determining the putative best of the best rather than the worst. People are voting off the songs they like the least, not the songs they like the most, therefore, what will be left is the song that the FEWEST people voted to be the worst, not that the MOST people voted to be the worst.

When you vote for the song you like the least, what you're left with is songs you liked better than that one!

Edited by GeddysMullet

My favorite on the list is Lakeside Park.

Circumstances and The Trees next.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jul 4 2011, 11:27 PM)
This poll will determine the worst of the worst, not the best of the worst. When you eliminate the best songs on the list, you end up with the worst song on the list, and conversely, to end up with the best song on the list you have to eliminate all the worst songs.

The "Worst Of The Best" poll voting protocol is wrong too, and is determining the putative best of the best rather than the worst. People are voting off the songs they like the least, not the songs they like the most, therefore, what will be left is the song that the FEWEST people voted to be the worst, not that the MOST people voted to be the worst.

When you vote for the song you like the least, what you're left with is songs you liked better than that one!

crap...

the body electric. oww, im the only one, hehe!

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 5 2011, 04:32 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Jul 4 2011, 03:24 PM)
None of them are the worst, but where's In The Mood?! I  wub.gif that track!

me too.

2.gif