Personal Apology to RUSH

rollthebones1963

as a longtime fan,since 1973,i would like to tell the guys in RUSH how sorry i am that the idiots that run the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME,have voted madonna,neil diamond,and ABBA, in before they have you guys! in the view of all the american RUSH fans i know,you should have been voted in the day you became eligible!please accept the apologies of all the great american fans in

the RUSH nation! 2.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

Edited by rollthebones1963

Nobody cares.

LOL...that's exactly right.......It is your'e fault..

..The mob-rule concurs.. yes.gif

Your'e banished for life...from the RUSH CASTLE.

...Get the heck outta dodge , while ya still can..

While ya still have your head attached...

or..as they say in New Amsterdam

Say it LOUD and clear, RUSHHEADS.............

GET THE FREAK OUTTA HEEEH!!!! wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by go2wrk@95974

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 4 2011, 11:16 AM)
Seriously, does anybody care about the Rock and Roll Hall of Shame?

I mean, really.... eh.gif

You would probably care if they got in. But since they havent, you conveniently dont care.

They arent in because unlike Metallica, they were not pioneers of any style of music, they have always just reflected whats going on around them, and really were never all that popular. They were big for like 2 years from 80-82, after that people outside of their hardcore fans stopped caring about them. That was like 30 freaking years ago!!!! They are basically forgotten at this point.

Madonna deserves to be in. She is a legitimate icon. Rush isnt on that level. They were a big band for just a couple years, and just happen to have a very dedicated following, but for the most part they are not icons of the music industry. Theyve had great careers and I think they deserve to be in, but its a borderline call. Putting out a lot of albums doesnt make you rock royalty. They just never reached that uber iconic status like U2, Metallica, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Run DMC, etc.... They're just too weird, so people look at it as nerd rock and they get swept aside.

I seriously doubt Rush cares at all. Im sure they would like to get in, but I dont think they will feel their careers are incomplete if it never happens.

Never mind the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...I much prefer the Rock and Roll Corridor of Quite Well Known

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 4 2011, 12:08 PM)

They arent in because unlike Metallica, they were not pioneers of any style of music, they have always just reflected whats going on around them, and really were never all that popular. They were big for like 2 years from 80-82, after that people outside of their hardcore fans stopped caring about them. That was like 30 freaking years ago!!!! They are basically forgotten at this point.

Madonna deserves to be in. She is a legitimate icon. Rush isnt on that level. They were a big band for just a couple years, and just happen to have a very dedicated following, but for the most part they are not icons of the music industry. Theyve had great careers and I think they deserve to be in, but its a borderline call. Putting out a lot of albums doesnt make you rock royalty. They just never reached that uber iconic status like U2, Metallica, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Run DMC, etc.... They're just too weird, so people look at it as nerd rock and they get swept aside.

I seriously doubt Rush cares at all. Im sure they would like to get in, but I dont think they will feel their careers are incomplete if it never happens.

I agree with most of what you said, except for a couple things. Yes it is true they were never an iconic group and that is because they were dismissed by the mainstream. Much of their music is better than what was on mainstream but because big industry execs didn't like them or couldn't "get" them, they tossed them aside. I disagree that they are forgotten, Rush is not forgotten, in fact more people and more people are starting to discover them and realize what great works of music they have produced. Had they never been pigeon-holed and had mainstream success, I would bet we wouldn't even be having this conversation because they would have been one of the most recognizable bands along with Zep and Floyd.

And to add another note, the fellas don't care about the RRHF. I may not be correct in saying this but I don't think they want to be inducted, it's just not who they are.

Rock on my friends 2.gif 1022.gif

I don't care one ioda about that place...

All I know is RUSH AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif deserves it big time,

and they've been repeatedly SNUBBED

by those jerks over there....for f'n years and years.

I know one things for sure..I ain't steppin'

one frickin' foot in that joint, until RUSH

in inducted..Period. 2.gif yes.gif

Even if they do get there, it's highly douptful

I'm goin there anytime soon...... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif ranton.gif rantoff.gif ...The ranter!!

Edited by go2wrk@95974

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Jul 4 2011, 12:48 PM)
One thing I never understood about rush fans is that 90 percent of us say that we don't care that rush isn't in the hall of fame, but yet if they do get in everybody will talk about how great it is.

Yeah I think you are correct with that statement. All I know is for me personally, I would kind of be disappointed if they were inducted. The people who run the RRHF have always shown contempt for Rush so if they all the sudden changed their attitudes and nominated Rush I would have to believe it's only because they finally see the dollar signs floating around Rush. It's all about money my friends, they only nominate artists who will rake in the big money they don't give two sh*ts about the music.

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jul 4 2011, 01:57 PM)
All I know is RUSH AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif deserves it big time

I have to say that no one in the RRHOF "deserves" being in there. It's all a matter of opinion. I honestly believe that Aerosmith and Neil Diamond shouldn't be in. No one who is in the HOF deserves anything from that establishment. It's just your name and autograph on a long wall of other names and autographs.

I don't care if Rush or any other of my favorite groups are inducted. I don't care if they accept or reject the nomination. Will I be happy for them? Yes, of course. But they still don't "deserve" to be there. Once again, this is a matter of personal opinions. There's plenty of artists that they have yet to induct, like Yes and King Crimson. But does it really matter if Rush are in or out? Simply put, who really cares anymore? Just because you're in a "hall of fame" doesn't mean your career was all for nothing and that you didn't receive enough recognition.

QUOTE (rollthebones1963 @ Jul 4 2011, 11:51 AM)
no need to be assholes about it! dazed025.gif

Don't let it get to you. I'm not sure how many bothered to check how new you were and that you probably haven't seen the multitude of threads dissecting this very topic into subatomic pieces.

Bringing it up is very much like poking an anthill with a stick. Creates quite a flurry of activity no matter how many times you do it or how small a stick you use. Some folks are "tired" of discussing it but not enough to refrain from commenting about it. (Never understood why tired so often leads to tirade.)

Welcome aboard. This is TRF.

My apologies, RTB. Was just jokin' around...

I'm new to the board also.

Welcome!

QUOTE (rollthebones1963 @ Jul 4 2011, 12:51 PM)
no need to be assholes about it! dazed025.gif

you may not know this but there have been a number of threads about this and the general feeling here is that the rrhof is a sham since so many non-rock acts have gotten in and they have axes to grind with other bands such as Rush. it's been kind of beaten into the ground which is why you have gotten this reaction. you are obviously new so one thing you can do is use the search function to see if the topic has been covered recently. Had you bumped an older thread with your input I don't think you would be getting this reaction.

QUOTE (Undemanding Contact @ Jul 4 2011, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (ioc @ Jul 4 2011, 08:31 PM)
Never understood why tired so often leads to tirade.

I blame that guy Mongo.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Undemanding Contact @ Jul 4 2011, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (ioc @ Jul 4 2011, 08:31 PM)
Never understood why tired so often leads to tirade.

I blame that guy Mongo.

"But Mongo love Undemanding Contact!"

user posted image

[reasoning is partly insane]