Video from The Gorge (7/2/11)

JCfromWA

Hello fellow 2.gif fans! trink39.gif

This is my first post here. I've been a fan since the mid 80s. My first concert was during the 'Hold Your Fire' tour and that's also my favorite album to this day. I've seen them 6 times with the 6th time being the last stop on the Time Machine Tour just two days ago in George, WA. The show was amazing! I'm looking forward to sharing a few videos with you all. Here's the first:

Rush at The Gorge (7/2/11): Neil Peart's Drum Solo

I'll post more as I upload them (the files are huge). I'm looking forward to being an active member on the site!

~JC

Welcome to TRF! trink39.gif

That was some show, huh? Neil really gave us all he had - that solo was just freaking amazing! Thanks for getting and sharing the video - which is fantastic! Very good job and much appreciated. cool.gif

Edited by HowItIs

love the solo... but...

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that on the electronic kit, I don't hear any sound when Neil hits his cymbals... Thought I noticed the same thing in Cleveland...

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jul 4 2011, 06:56 PM)
love the solo... but...

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that on the electronic kit, I don't hear any sound when Neil hits his cymbals... Thought I noticed the same thing in Cleveland...

Hey Phantom! How are you? Hope all is well. bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (MCM @ Jul 4 2011, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (Phantom @ Jul 4 2011, 06:56 PM)
love the solo... but...

Hey Phantom! How are you? Hope all is well. bekloppt.gif

Hey M,

Life is grand, and hope it is at your end as well....

Cheers !!!!

OK, I can now confirm that I am an addict. I can't stop watching your videos!

The Gorge show was the best Rush show I've ever seen and you have definitely captured a good portion of it.

Good heavens, look at the time! It's almost 4:00AM and I'm sitting here at my computer, watching Rush videos.

That show was awesome!!!

My fiance said it was one of the best concerts she ever saw (and she has been to many. She's in the concert video of Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home, which was filmed at the Tacoma Dome). Her fave moment was Neil's drum solo. Even my 14yo daughter, who originally was not feeling up to seeing the concert, loved it. She asked later if I would buy her a Rush CD for Christmas.

Only minor negative was the amount of weed smoke around us. We were surprised some people were toking right in front of security, who did nothing. Don't get me wrong, I could care less if anyone smokes weed, but my fiance and I just can't handle the smell of it. Think my daughter may have got a contact high.

Three letters: TCE!!!

Thanks again, everybody--I'm glad you all like the videos. It's a real kick to share them and get positive feedback. This has defintely kept my post-concert buzz alive. biggrin.gif

@Arndrake: Same here, there was so much pot smoke in the air. It was funny to me how it was especially heavy during the older tracks from Moving Pictures and 2112.

@Patty: You made me laugh today--so happy you like the videos as much as you do! Live performances by Rush are a great addiction. Just wait until I upload La Villa Strangiato and Working Man! common001.gif

By the way, in case you haven't seen it I uploaded Marathon, one of my personal favorites!

Rush at The Gorge (July 2, 2011): Marathon:

That was a totally awesome show for sure. I think my voice is now finally back;) As Ged stated, they left it all on the stage. Loved Alex's grin and animations, he was having a blast! Ged was spot on and his voice I thought sounded really good. Neil was superb as usual and it was so cool feeling his thundering drums reverberating through my chilled bones! The Gorge has an awesome huge screen behind Neil and some of the close in shots of all 3 were just amazing. 21 rows back and I didn't need the screen but it was nice. Place was packed and the gorge was absolutely spectacular, as usual. If you have never been to this venue and you have the chance, don't miss it! It's one of the best on the west coast hands down.

JC, great video's, killer actually. Do you have more? I'd love any and all that you have, your setup is great!

Glad I got to see their last show of 2011 and it was worth seeing them both times near Seattle. DAMN, can't believe the tour is over but we'll hopefully all get to see them after the new CD and subsequent tour!

All is right with the world when you're a RUSH fan!!!

2.gif 2.gif

HAS

Geddy making Alex crack up:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5320/5913581489_26102c7e39.jpg

Geddy Lee making Alex Lifeson laugh

Alex 'playing the tuba' during the intro to La Villa Strangiato:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6032/5913578763_73fe3cfb7e.jpg

Alex Lifeson Playing the Tuba 070211

Yeah, it was pretty clear they were having a lot of fun! rofl3.gif This was my first Rush concert since the Test For Echo tour. Now I can't wait for Clockwork Angels and the tour that follows!!

Edited by JCfromWA

QUOTE (JCfromWA @ Jul 7 2011, 06:16 PM)
Geddy making Alex crack up:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5320/5913581489_26102c7e39.jpg
Geddy Lee making Alex Lifeson laugh

Alex 'playing the tuba' during the intro to La Villa Strangiato:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6032/5913578763_73fe3cfb7e.jpg
Alex Lifeson Playing the Tuba 070211

Yeah, it was pretty clear they were having a lot of fun! rofl3.gif This was my first Rush concert since the Test For Echo tour. Now I can't wait for Clockwork Angels and the tour that follows!!

rofl3.gif

Man, I love that these guys enjoy themselves so much. It makes me enjoy the show even more biggrin.gif

Sweet videos, did you get Working Man?

last tune of the tour.

The outro gave me chills when Geddy waved. 2.gif

You must see/hear what he said...kinda funny and hopeful for future visits.

Sektaran has it on YTub. 2.gif

Hello everyone, this is my official first post. I thought this thread would be appropriate since I was supposed to be at this show at The Gorge and something happened the day before. I was supposed to go with a couple of friends who said it was a for-sure thing and I could ride with them (5hr drive). So it was set, but guess what, they wait til the day before the show and they back out on me and go to some lame blues jam out in Forks washington. Therefore, I didn't have time to make other arrangements and I missed out on the show. I had my heart set on that for months.

I would just love it if someone could make a dvd copy of that show and share the "greatness with me". I would be glad to send a couple of blank dvr's to the filmer, and I would use it for my own private use only. I'm just bummed I missed out on that show and I would be really greatful to see it on my own TV with a good stereo system. my email is jmsalleejr@gmail.com if anyone is interested in helping me out with this. Thanks a bunch!

Dude, The official TIME MACHINE TOUR DVD/BLU-RAY is goingto be released September 5th. Why would you want a chopped up , half assed lame video when you can the real thing? This is not the Gorge(WE WHERE AT THE GORGE- 3rd CENTER), but you will still get the same EXCACT show on DVD. We know this is Cleveland. STILL SAME SHOW!!