Did Rush Do Any Drugs

Nate2112

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jul 3 2011, 11:10 PM)
Deep from a file marked "Duh" wink.gif

That interview from 1980 or so, an extra on the R30 DVD, is definitely an indication. If Alex isn't baked in that, I don't know a paper from a water pipe. You can tell that he is making a real effort to disappear into his chair; not talking or even looking at the camera... until he gets a mask on. We've all been there, feeling like you have a neon sign over your head announcing your condition to the world.... well, those of us who have cool10.gif

Do they still? Maybe. But certainly never when there is business to take care of.

Without question!!!!!

I was thinking of this interview from the second I read the name of the thread.

They're all baked!!!

Here, look:

Then there is a an old picture taken from around the first record of the three guys in a bathroom stall, Neil is standing with his arm over the stall door and I'm convinced he was holding a joint in that pic. And there is another of them on a tour bus getting ready for a show from about the AFTK era and thy are all baked in that pic as well. (I have these pics but they are in storage so I can't get to them right now).

Also I had (sold it last year) an old Guitar player Magazine interview (with Paul Stanley on the cover) from about '76. 2.gif went to be interviewed by some high school kids and werer asked if they smoke weed and they answered yes.

So if they still do, who knows. If they did, hell yes.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 4 2011, 06:25 AM)
QUOTE (ioc @ Jul 4 2011, 02:52 PM)
I don't smoke pot...it's just not my speed.

Coke? pokey.gif

heehee.user posted image

See what I did there?

[okay, reality...none of the above]

They all smoked ganja and Neil definitely dropped acid. As far as I'm concerned TFOL may well describe a psychedelic trip.

Don't believe everything they tell you kid, weed and psychedelics are the least of your worries ( cool10.gif ) in the world of psychoactive substances.

Edited by CutToTheBass

Like any other 70s Rock stars (or any era for that matter) you can pretty much garuntee they were whacked out of their tits most of the time.

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jul 3 2011, 06:36 PM)
I hope not

But did they at any time in their career? cool10.gif

In Ghost Rider Neil says something along the lines of "disappearing into a little bag of white powder."

In Roadshow Neil mentions Alex visiting the Amsterdam coffee shops.

In Traveling Music Neil gives an account of his LSD experiences.

I can imagine all those things in the lyrics and then some. The closest I have ever come to doing illegal drugs was when some guy in front of me at a concert started smoking a joint- he got arrested shortly afterwards.

Anyhow I do not think they did do much- or hard ones. Why? They would be in way worse shape. Look at what health nuts they are- exercising, eating healthy, quitting smoking tobacco, and so on.

I do not know what is legal in Canada vs. the US of A- we are VERY strict here, and medical cannabis is only allowed in a few states. But other than the Naples incident, apparently they have not been arrested. Nor do they seem to have suffered financially or otherwise.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 3 2011, 09:06 PM)
+2 in regards to COS being pure epicness.

Of course they did drugs. Plenty of caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, and if you consider it a drug, marijuana (less harfmul than the three previous ones mentioned).

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Freeze @ Jul 4 2011, 05:09 AM)
I`m pretty sure Neil writes in one of his books that Alex always visits the coffee shops whenever they are in Holland...

He did...in Roadshow, BUT...it's Geddy, not Alex. wink.gif

I have my doubts that they have ever done anything worse than smoke a little pot here and there. I have an interview with Geddy in a magazine somewhere where he basically says that. I've never been into smoking pot, but I know a lot of people who do...and they are still productive members of society, good people, good parents, etc.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jul 4 2011, 01:44 PM)
QUOTE (Freeze @ Jul 4 2011, 05:09 AM)
I`m pretty sure Neil writes in one of his books that Alex always visits the coffee shops whenever they are in Holland...

He did...in Roadshow, BUT...it's Geddy, not Alex. wink.gif

I have my doubts that they have ever done anything worse than smoke a little pot here and there. I have an interview with Geddy in a magazine somewhere where he basically says that. I've never been into smoking pot, but I know a lot of people who do...and they are still productive members of society, good people, good parents, etc.

Theyve mentioned acid before. There's no way I can find the interview after all these years, but Im 100% certain they talked about it and did it.