Simply have an addictive personality, can anyone

Cygnalschick

Yes, this is totally random but I'm needing some advice from those who I feel I have the most in common with- Rush girls/women. I've been on this board for over 5 years now and have made some great friends here. Tonight I've done something that I vowed to never do again.... and I need to just tell someone. Who better than you Rush girls? So... without going into great detail, can someone share an experience similar to the one I'm having? - realizing you're not perfect, and in fact are weak. In need of advice sad.gif

It sounds like you are feeling a lot of guilt and shame.....not very productive emotions, but very normal. First thing, try not to beat yourself up about it. It sounds like you know you don't want to do "this thing" again. You are on the right track asking for advice.

smile.gif

You've come to the right place, my friend. We New World Women are a wonderful lot of people; I've sought advice and support from a few individuals before. They've helped me out greatly. tongue.gif

I've done some things that I later regretted before, that's for sure. I think we've all been there, some more than others. We are all human and fallible. No one is perfect, but we are not meant to be. Like umoveme said, it's best not to agonize yourself over it. That's what I do quite often; I fret over something so much that I blow it out of proportion and make it worse for myself. You don't want to do that. no.gif

I don't know how valuable my advice would be, seeing how young and inexperienced I am, but I'll do what I can. hug2.gif

Thanks for the responses ya'll. I'm actually on the track to getting serious help for this. Spent last night in the hospital and now have medical clearance to enter rehab smile.gif

youve made the first and sometimes the hardest step, in admiting you may have a problem and asking for help. that also means you do have some strength in there.

addiction is hard but not impossible to break (im one of those that did break addiction, it can be done and then you life realy does start). your going the right way about it with getting proper help.

good luck smile.gif xxx

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Jul 2 2011, 05:31 PM)
Thanks for the responses ya'll. I'm actually on the track to getting serious help for this. Spent last night in the hospital and now have medical clearance to enter rehab smile.gif

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you, you deserve only the best in your future. heart.gif