03 - Best Song From Caress Of Steel

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1172 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Bastille Day
    • I Think I'm Going Bald
    • Lakeside Park
    • The Necromancer
    • The Fountain of Lamenth

Bastille Day... The analog delay during the song.....the echo box....was just so cool....My friends and I used to play it over and over again and just like Wayne and Garth in the Pacer in Wayne's World.....That was us......"We are not worthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I have to confess... I never really liked the studio version of Bastille Day or Lakeside Park. I first got into 2.gif with ATWAS!!! I was spoiled with those versions and when I heard the studio version of both songs it just never clicked with me. If I had to choose between "THE NECROMANCER & THE FOUNTAIN OF LAMNETH" I will have to go with "FOUNTAIN" wub.gif It brings back so many cool cool.gif memories. Fan since 77'

TROUTMAN trink39.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/pl171.jpg

Fountain of Lamenth. The drumms, legnth, story, and guitars all rule this song. And It doesnt have the boring narrator The Necromancer has. Neil rocks this song, especially with his mini solo.

one of my favs is "I Think Im Going Bald" call me weird, i just love that song, its kinda fun, and just represents their goofeyness of their personal lives in the band, and about how Alex was afraid to be bald, now look at him!!

Bastille Day for me, the intro is one of the best I've ever heard, Fountain Of Lamneth runs a close second though.

I Think I'm Going Bald really hits a nerve for some reason confused13.gif

Guest Xourque
Caress of Steel was the first Rush album I purchased on my own. I think I was ten years old. The Fountain of Lamneth is definitely the best song off the album. There are so many life lessons in it. It helped me (as well as every other Rush song) get a better perspective on life at such a young age. I owe Rush a lot!

Carress is probably my fav' album and represents Rush at their most creative. I would have to plump for LAKESIDE PARK as it reminds me of a place I usea to go as a kid in the late 60's 7 early 70's called Pickmere lake near where I live. It had the funfair as well.

Like Lakside Park in Port Dalhousie the attractions have now gone. sad.gif

Guest Xourque
My first purchased CD of all times, was Caress of Steel. Being at the young age of 12 when I purchased the CD, I didnt understand any of the lyrics, aside from I think im going bald. Having the middle name Ulysses, I eventually began to understand the meaning behind The Fountain of Lamneth. To this day, it is still my favorite Rush song of all times. It has so much wisdom on life. At a young age, it helped me gain more perspective on what life is all about. Thanks Neil!

no competition for me; the fountain.

great piece of music, on a great album!

I'm gonna cheat and say two - The Necromancer especially for the second appearance of our old friend By-tor (same name different character) and Bastille Day as i was in the back row of Mancheter Apollo on the 1st night of the kings tour having a nice sexual experience with a very nice young lady when they started the gig! Happy Days!!

"The Necromancer". Next...

AM Rush

trink39.gif

While I love the old school jam from Necromancer, and the fast-paced fury of Bastille Day, I have to give Neil the nod for his first effort at a long story w/ The Fountain of Lamneth. While it lacks the completeness of 2112, it has a wide variety that allows all three band members to display their respective skills whilst telling an interesting tale.

Edited by steelcaressed

Bastille Day.