03 - Best Song From Caress Of Steel

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1172 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Bastille Day
    • I Think I'm Going Bald
    • Lakeside Park
    • The Necromancer
    • The Fountain of Lamenth

"Lakeside Park" evokes warm memories, but for me, their early show opener does it for me.

"Bastille Day"

"La guillotine will claim her bloody prize"

Not a big fan of the French Revolution, much preferring the outcome of the American Revolution, but the song rocks! My favorite rendition is from the 3rd CD of "Different Stages". Geddy's bass is unearthly. spacecraft.gif

• Like 1

'Bastille Day'.

Went with Fountain, because it is their first full length piece, but would also like to add that it could have been divided up, as each tune is stand alone as well as part of the greater whole.

In the Valley, Didacts and Narpets, No One At The Bridge, and Bachus Plateau in particular (but that really only leaves out Panacea, since the end is pretty much In the Valley).

COS is the first Rush album I ever bought. To learn Bastille Day for the band I was in when I was 12.

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Aug 24 2004, 06:14 PM)
Went with Fountain, because it is their first full length piece, but would also like to add that it could have been divided up, as each tune is stand alone as well as part of the greater whole.

In the Valley, Didacts and Narpets, No One At The Bridge, and Bachus Plateau in particular (but that really only leaves out Panacea, since the end is pretty much In the Valley).

COS is the first Rush album I ever bought. To learn Bastille Day for the band I was in when I was 12.

I agree with Cyg - I voted for Fountain, and if broken up, would say No-one at the Bridge.

I Think I'm Going Bald is a good song because I am not going bald so the lyrics do not bother me because I have great hair and so does my counterpart.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Aug 24 2004, 06:14 PM)

Well, we have something in common...this was my first Rush album as well!..I was at a friends listening to ATWAS, but when I got to the record store, they did not have it! Since Bastille Day was the greatest rock song ever! biggrin.gif , I bought COS instead.

I voted for FOL though for this one. I had been hoping that for the VT tour they might play a segment of FOL...something that Geddy would not thrash his voice on....one show of NO One at the Bridge...and the tour would be over with Geddy's voice gone. I had hoped for some thing like Bachus Plateau!....C'mon , what wrong with that????Wouldnt you rather hear that instead of LimeLight one more time??Next time they want to play Fly by Night for a show, they should play Bachus Plateau instead!...

This is also one of my favorite albums (it's kinda like Lays, you cant pick just one wink.gif and I love all the songs, but, as to my favorite song? C'mon peeps, you can guess and it really isn't that hard.... LOL!!