gorge ?s

cheech44

first time at the venue. staying in Moses Lake.

How much time should we budget to get to the venue for 7:30? (I'm assuming they start pretty close to the listed time??)

Is there any sort of lot scene prior to the show? i.e. people tail-gating before going in???

thx.

The parking area at the Gorge is a gigantic grass field. The last time I was there, there were tons of people doing the tailgate thing. As far as I could tell, it wasn't discouraged by venue staff or law enforcement.

If you're going just for the show, I would leave at least an hour before showtime. That'll give you time to park and walk into the venue. As I recall, it was a semi-long walk.

The show last night in Concord started about 10 or 15 minutes late.

Have fun!

QUOTE (cheech44 @ Jun 26 2011, 09:11 PM)
first time at the venue. staying in Moses Lake.

How much time should we budget to get to the venue for 7:30? (I'm assuming they start pretty close to the listed time??)

Is there any sort of lot scene prior to the show? i.e. people tail-gating before going in???

thx.

We did this once. Give yourself at least half an hour to travel from Moses Lake to the Gorge.

Thanks for the replies.

So, a 6:00 departure would be prudent (but not crazy early), with additional time if we want to grill some burgers in the lots?

Reason I ask is that I've dealt with other 2-lane accessible amphitheatres and cut things way too close

I might leave ML at 5:30 as sometimes the line of cars to get in is quite long. But then I am an OC, "need to get there early" kind of guy so........

rofl3.gif

Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Jun 29 2011, 02:42 PM)
I might leave ML at 5:30 as sometimes the line of cars to get in is quite long. But then I am an OC, "need to get there early" kind of guy so........
rofl3.gif

I hear you -- I'm that guy too.