I've just discovered

MMCXII

obtained a bunch of rush boots a while back and have been plowing through it over some weeks. found fifth order of angels... wow! this thing rocks!! I'm amazed at how tight they play even way back then.. I LOVE Geddy's playing on this. it seems simpler somehow but not really lol.

any other early boots like this worth looking for?

listening for the first time as I post... Fancy Dancer damn what a neat little tune! never really listened to it before! 1022.gif

Here Again. Led Zeppelin.

NICE working man jam 1022.gif ..complete with by-tor riffs! 1287.gif

Drum Solo.. so simple for Neil.. lol

I have several copies from different tapers and the best I have is just listed as "Live Agora Ballroom, August 26, 1974. The DRE lists it as their 2nd show played. This is a great boot.

A couple others that most like are Brainwaves, St. Louis Remastered, and The Black Forest (all my copies of this sound like shite, so I don't think it's one of their best).

I have over 2000 boots, still un-cataloged and there are a lot more great ones out there.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 24 2011, 06:44 AM)
Ummm.... Am I wrong or did you not mention the year of the boot? unsure.gif

QUOTE (StuartBruce @ Jun 24 2011, 05:30 AM)
Is this the longest thread by one contributer?

I wouldn't mind a listen.

Where did you get it?

it was in a torrent with about 35 Rush boots.. I forget where I got it.

Edited by MMCXII

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Jun 24 2011, 03:47 PM)
Ironically some of their earlier boots sound better than some of the latter day titles!

this is the case with many bands. My theory is when a band is up-and-coming, KBFH and Westwood 1 and many other FM broadcasts are quick to pick up on rising stars, hence the reason for so many killer soundboard bootlegs of most bands early in their careers.

Off the top of my head I think Rush had 3 great boots from '74, only one decent one from '75 (and one lame one, the CoS show with Necromancer), about 4 good ones from '76 and maybe 3 average ones from '77. 1978-79 has about 10 great shows from the Hemispheres tour. The next couple years there are alot of great shows but good luck finding any shows above average during the '82-'83 tour.

Fifth Order and two other recordings from Cleveland around that time were recorded and broadcast by WMMS (the station where Donna Halper worked). These are those recordings.

Fifth Order was recorded on 8.26.74 and the others very much worth listening to are 12.16.74 and 5.15.75.

Geddy's singing of Bad Boy "...moved in to my neighborhood" at the end of 5.15.75 is one of my faves.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jun 24 2011, 11:47 PM)
http://rmacdownloads.blogspot.com/2009/05/...61974-flac.html

Find it here.

I got a pm asking if this link is safe and I have to admit that I don't know. My copy came from some forgotten source years ago.

You can find it here:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=58504

That's from TRF and I never got anything nasty from downloading boots around here so it should be safe if you are looking for a pretty good copy to listen to.

(Full disclosure: I'm on a Mac and laugh at PC viruses. Always scan everything you download and then scan it again.)