Vancouver anyone?

Code Red

Whats the deal with those 7 guys front row center wearing the red moving pictures cover-alls? They all seemed to know the songs but were in the bathroom half the time.If you know what I mean. Edited by rush999

Maybe they had quite some alcohol, which of course makes going to a Rush gig twice as good as having no alcohol but the drawback is, yes having to go to the toilet

QUOTE (rush999 @ Jul 2 2011, 08:55 AM)
Whats the deal with those 7 guys front row center wearing the red moving pictures cover-alls? They all seemed to know the songs but were in the bathroom half the time.If you know what I mean.

at 8 dollars a beer i don't blame them

QUOTE (sanzo @ Jul 2 2011, 02:12 PM)
Maybe they had quite some alcohol, which of course makes going to a Rush gig twice as good as having no alcohol but the drawback is, yes having to go to the toilet

I used some binoculars and I did see them on the floor, however I didnt notice their bladder habits!! LOL

I had quite a few beers with my nephew,....we were only steps away from the Canadian beer stand trink39.gif trink39.gif

Everyone that sat around us were fantastic RUSH fans too!! We all sang every song, air drummed and played our respective invisible instruments....too muxh fun.....

I wonder how long it will be before they tour again, if ever. That may possibly be the last Canadian show ever...think about that......no don't!! We love them so much we will will them to play again!

Thx 2.gif You are the BEST!!

So, thanks to a couple of lovely Rush Rat pals, I ended up in the 4th row, center. My Hubby and daughter were very understanding and indulged me. I couldn't believe how close I was - I was on Cloud 9 for the whole show. I didn't really notice much in the way of mistakes but I don't really listen for that sort of thing. Really, I mostly had eyes for Alex - both because I have had a crush on him since 1981 and I wanted to watch him playing. I'm trying to learn several of the songs and seeing him play them so close up (and without cut-aways) was both helpful and awe-inspiring. I did manage to notice that there were 2 other guys up there with him and really loved watching them as masters of their respective instruments. It's such a wonderful thing to see.

This was my daughter's first Rush show and she came away a real fan. She was duly impressed by the set, the lights and, especially the band. She dressed up in a steampunk outfit which drew many admiring comments. She can't wait for the new album and already has both Caravan and BU2B committed to memory. Yay for another Geddycorn! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jul 3 2011, 09:30 PM)
So, thanks to a couple of lovely Rush Rat pals, I ended up in the 4th row, center. My Hubby and daughter were very understanding and indulged me. I couldn't believe how close I was - I was on Cloud 9 for the whole show. I didn't really notice much in the way of mistakes but I don't really listen for that sort of thing. Really, I mostly had eyes for Alex - both because I have had a crush on him since 1981 and I wanted to watch him playing. I'm trying to learn several of the songs and seeing him play them so close up (and without cut-aways) was both helpful and awe-inspiring. I did manage to notice that there were 2 other guys up there with him and really loved watching them as masters of their respective instruments. It's such a wonderful thing to see.

This was my daughter's first Rush show and she came away a real fan. She was duly impressed by the set, the lights and, especially the band. She dressed up in a steampunk outfit which drew many admiring comments. She can't wait for the new album and already has both Caravan and BU2B committed to memory. Yay for another Geddycorn! biggrin.gif

That is so awesome!! I am so glad you were up close to see Alex!! And how great is it that so many different generations can enjoy the music!!!

did you daughter jump during the big explosions during Marathon and Farcry? I sure did....lol, they always get me....the worst was Red Rocks 2008 during 2112, the explosive went off right above our heads, and all I heard,...amd several others, was a ringing in my ears!!

ouch!!

awesome you both had a great time! 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

This was my first time seeing Rush in concert and it was spectacular. I was in 7th row in the stands on Geddy's side.

Ben Mink (who played violin on 'Losing It' and 'Faithless' and produced Geddy's solo album 'My Favorite Headache') was behind me a row two seats down.

I had the opportunity to shake Ben's hand and say thank you for his contributions to Rush and other great musical acts he has worked with such as the Canadian progressive rock band FM, k.d. lang, Heart, and others.

Apparently Geddy gave a nod to my Terry Fox tribute sign that I had showing to the stage during 'Marathon'.

Edited by RushFanForever

did you daughter jump during the big explosions during Marathon and Farcry? I sure did....lol, they always get me....the worst was Red Rocks 2008 during 2112, the explosive went off right above our heads, and all I heard,...amd several others, was a ringing in my ears!!

Well, she had been warned about the BOOMs so she was ready for them. But she still jumped. laugh.gif

You look really happy in that M&G pic. I'm so glad you got to do that! Alex in a bear hug?? Boy, am I envious! I'd probably break into tears if I were in your place, too. That was so sweet.... smile.gif

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Jun 30 2011, 09:33 PM)
I'm sitting here in the third row on geddys side. Half hour til show time..... cool.gif cool10.gif

Neil's music is awesome!!

Thanks for pointing me out! We had a blast, didn't we? laugh.gif

QUOTE (RushFanForever @ Jul 4 2011, 07:33 AM)
This was my first time seeing Rush in concert and it was spectacular. I was in 7th row in the stands on Geddy's side.

Ben Mink (who played violin on 'Losing It' and 'Faithless' and produced Geddy's solo album 'My Favorite Headache') was behind me a row two seats down.

I had the opportunity to shake Ben's hand and say thank you for his contributions to Rush and other great musical acts he has worked with such as the Canadian progressive rock band FM, k.d. lang, Heart, and others.

Apparently Geddy gave a nod to my Terry Fox tribute sign that I had showing to the stage during 'Marathon'.

So glad we could spend the time before and after the concert together!!! hug2.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jul 4 2011, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE (RushFanForever @ Jul 4 2011, 07:33 AM)

So glad we could spend the time before and after the concert together!!! hug2.gif

Ditto.

hug2.gif