got the approval.. weddding song

reani14

A nice choice smile.gif

How long until the Big Day?

Love it, especially the idea that the differences between people allow them to grow together. I never would have have thought of it that way, and never heard anyone else put it in such a positive light. It means a lot to me as my boyfriend and I are very different, and yet are close.

Its mellowness will be great for a wedding while still keeping that Rush vibe. Hope you have a great wedding and a lifetime of growing together!

Time Stand Still is equally as appropiate and would suit a wedding environment tongue.gif

Thumbs up to your missus for allowing you to have Rush at your wedding!

Edited by Ranger J

Gotta go with Necromancer Part 3: Return Of The Prince.

It was played at my wedding reception. My best man and I attempted it at least. Two guitars, but no vox, drums, bass. It's certainly a guitar tune so we did somewhat justice to it.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jun 23 2011, 05:38 AM)
marry to the tune of cold fire wink.gif

That's just nasty . . .

Maybe have a divorce party with that as the background music

It makes me wonder how stable Neils first marriage actually was becasue it takes a bitter heart to open up so obvioulsy . . .

QUOTE (StuartBruce @ Jun 23 2011, 02:01 AM)

That's just nasty . . .

It makes me wonder how stable Neils first marriage actually was becasue it takes a bitter heart to open up so obvioulsy . . .

Neil did mention in 'Ghost Rider' that there had been a couple of temporary estrangements. Maybe 'Cold Fire' was written during one of those.

QUOTE (Albone2112 @ Jun 23 2011, 07:23 AM)

That's just nasty . . .

Neil did mention in 'Ghost Rider' that there had been a couple of temporary estrangements. Maybe 'Cold Fire' was written during one of those.

That would make sense

But getting back on thread ~

Entre Nous is a good choice for a wedding

QUOTE (Albone2112 @ Jun 23 2011, 03:23 AM)

That's just nasty . . .

I tend to agree here. There is another thread about rediscovering Counterparts which got me to listening to it again after many years and after listening to Alien Shore, At The Speed Of Love, and Cold Fire I got the feeling that those were songs Neil wrote about his relationship with his wife at the time. Which seemed out of the ordinary to me.

Hmmm...Doesn't Entre Nous focus more on the differences between two people and the fleeting nature of contact?

I 've always thought Ghost Of A Chance to be a great song for weddings. It speaks to how two people can find each other, through all of the twists and turns of one's life, and find true and lasting love...sounds like a great wedding message to me!

Either way, though, getting the green light for a Rush wedding song is awesome!

Edited by The Mighty Dudad

biggrin.gif congratulations biggrin.gif i hope you have a lovely day

wish id had a rush song for my wedding. oh well, perhaps cold fire for my divorce!

1022.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Jun 23 2011, 02:37 PM)
Hmmm...Doesn't Entre Nous focus more on the differences between two people and the fleeting nature of contact?

I 've always thought Ghost Of A Chance to be a great song for weddings. It speaks to how two people can find each other, through all of the twists and turns of one's life, and find true and lasting love...sounds like a great wedding message to me!

Either way, though, getting the green light for a Rush wedding song is awesome!

I always looked at entre nous as a song about love. not lust or infatuation like the pop radio but adult love where people have differences but still get together, while remaining individual.

QUOTE (reani14 @ Jun 22 2011, 07:32 PM)
entre nous. what do you think???

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

it's our first wedding anniversary this weekend. wub.gif at our reception, all of the table names were rush songs. our table was limelight, and the other tables were entre nous, speed of love, closer to the heart, caravan and red barchetta. you picked up your name card which also had the table name, and found a seat at your assigned table. worked great cool.gif the table naming idea was my wifes wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif and of course the dj played some Rush 1022.gif

Off to the hotel trink38.gif

2.gif

Congrats! I will be getting re-married (Kim's first time) next June 8th, and I was thinking about doing something similar i.e. a few Rush songs mixed in during dinner, or maybe even the string versions? I dunno but i'm trying to find a way to get RUSH into our big day!