Repost of an amazing story...

Elnash23

QUOTE (Elnash23 @ Jun 22 2011, 07:23 AM)
Hi - there must be a limit on the amount of txt per post - this isnt all of it!!

Happy to keep adding the rest if anyones interested

Cheers

Jeezuz! I just slogged though the entire thing...You better damn well post the rest! Don't leave me hanging. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ioc @ Jun 22 2011, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE (Elnash23 @ Jun 22 2011, 07:23 AM)
Hi - there must be a limit on the amount of txt per post - this isnt all of it!!

Happy to keep adding the rest if anyones interested

Cheers

Jeezuz! I just slogged though the entire thing...You better damn well post the rest! Don't leave me hanging. laugh.gif

I concur! pokey.gif

QUOTE (Elnash23 @ Jun 22 2011, 02:29 PM)
I'll post the rest of part 1 tomorrow ...

The REST of part ONE??!! How many parts are there?

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 22 2011, 03:35 PM)
i got through 3 paragraphs.

More than me. I don't read.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/tongueroll.gif

QUOTE (sdaly @ Jun 22 2011, 03:19 PM)
For those interested..."Pete B's" perspective on this story is available here: http://web.archive.org/web/20071217122305/...s.com/Roadcrew/

This is also worth a read. Nothing against the other - the guy's not a writer, just telling his story.

But Pete B.'s account is easier to follow.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 23 2011, 06:47 AM)
tl;dr

Got about a paragraph in before I realized that it is poorly written and wasn't sure if there was going to be a point. Anyone want to paraphrase this?

He knows a dude that was Peart's original roadie in England in the pre-Rush days. After Pratt joined the other 2 guys and turned into the professor, he had been trying to contact this guy for a while. Finally he got a hold of him. The writer was able to hang out with a very down-to-Earth Neil in the 80s due to this original roadie connection. In addition, this original roadie became a roadie during RUSH's HYF tour of Europe. And to boot, this original roadie is mentioned in one of Peart's books.

I skipped some and was speed reading but that's the general stuff. This is the kind of story that's better over several bar beers. Actually, all stories are better over several bar beers. trink38.gif

just read the first half...will read the rest later as i read very slowly! great story. im suprised they came to crappy old stafford in the late 70's, i didnt know that! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 23 2011, 08:03 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 23 2011, 06:47 AM)
tl;dr

Got about a paragraph in before I realized that it is poorly written and wasn't sure if there was going to be a point.  Anyone want to paraphrase this?

He knows a dude that was Peart's original roadie in England in the pre-Rush days. After Pratt joined the other 2 guys and turned into the professor, he had been trying to contact this guy for a while. Finally he got a hold of him. The writer was able to hang out with a very down-to-Earth Neil in the 80s due to this original roadie connection. In addition, this original roadie became a roadie during RUSH's HYF tour of Europe. And to boot, this original roadie is mentioned in one of Peart's books.

I skipped some and was speed reading but that's the general stuff. This is the kind of story that's better over several bar beers. Actually, all stories are better over several bar beers. trink38.gif

Thanks.

Anytime johnny. I like beers