Anybody else like most of their work?

StuartBruce

Not most...

ALL! 1022.gif

I'm one of those 'weird' ones that loves everything they've done. I have an appreciation for every song.

Sure, obviously some songs are way better than others, but I don't have any Rush song that I completely avoid or 'never listen to' like most others.

I mean, I love S&A! I really dig the 'RAP' section in RTB, and Neurotica is arguably my favourite song on RTB. Dog Years is solid IMO, I sing along to 'I Think I'm Going Bald' and enjoy it, and I can listen to Tai Shan all the way through without running out of the room!

My name is Tony...and I am a Rush fan.

biggrin.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like most of what they've recorded. Sure, they've done some bad songs but I don't think they've ever had a bad album. That's why they're my favorite band and that's why I come to this forum and post.

For me I like most of what Rush has put out, some of the early stuff is not my favs that's for sure. I am in the 80% zone. I really like Presto, VT, RTB, HYF and S&A.

The only other band that gets a higher rate for me is Tull, 95% there.

trink39.gif

Not a fan of the first album and a couple of their other early works (like on FBN and COS) but the rest of it I love, and nothing after FBN is "terrible" to me.

So yes, I'd say I love 90%+ of their work. (:

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 21 2011, 10:03 AM)
Not most...

ALL! 1022.gif

I'm one of those 'weird' ones that loves everything they've done. I have an appreciation for every song.

Sure, obviously some songs are way better than others, but I don't have any Rush song that I completely avoid or 'never listen to' like most others.

I mean, I love S&A! I really dig the 'RAP' section in RTB, and Neurotica is arguably my favourite song on RTB. Dog Years is solid IMO, I sing along to 'I Think I'm Going Bald' and enjoy it, and I can listen to Tai Shan all the way through without running out of the room!

My name is Tony...and I am a Rush fan.

biggrin.gif

yes.gif I like it all too...100%! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Jun 21 2011, 08:02 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 21 2011, 07:58 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 21 2011, 09:57 PM)
QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 21 2011, 08:38 AM)
I can think of a track from every album, which I don't think should have made the cut.

I would love to see that list...

imho: Rivendell, Speed of Love, YBYL...after that I have to think.

I'll have a go at this...

In the mood

Rivendell

Fountain

Tears

Madrigal

Holy sheep hemispheres is hard, but I'll say title track

Different strings

Holy sheep MP is hard but vital signs

Countdown

Red lenses

Manhattan project

Tai Shan

Superconductor

YBYL

The Speed of Love

Dog Years

The Stars Look Down

Faithless.

You really like "I Think I'm Going Bald" better than the fountain? Really???

And about the second one...

WHAT THE F***???

REALLY?!?!?

I thought we could get along!

rage.gif

I Love/Like everything except..

RTB

HYF

S&A

but you saw that coming anyway laugh.gif

I completely DIG 98% of the catalog...

the other 2 ? Well...not so much.

..and I'll take the 5th on which ones they are!

I'm glad someone else here likes Rush as a whole. I almost never come on the forum because all everyone talks about is what songs they what to skip or leave of an album. Everyone has there own right in taste and I wouldn't expect everyone to like every song. That's why there are people out there who don't like Rush at all. But for being the RUSH forum, there sure is a lot of down-talk on their music.

There aren't any songs I hate...but there's a few that I don't find particularly memorable, and can't remember how they go unless I'm actually listening to them... eh.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 21 2011, 12:21 PM)
There aren't any songs I hate...but there's a few that I don't find particularly memorable, and can't remember how they go unless I'm actually listening to them... eh.gif

Happens to me a lot with HYF. The only songs that I could hum if you asked me to would be TSS, Force Ten, Mission, and Tai Shan (just because it's so memorably bad). The others all kinda blend in.

There are about 6 songs that I'm not that keen on as the others, but I don't actually hate them.

I never skip any of the songs and I don't think any of the songs should have been cut out.

IMO it's cool by me that there are people don't like the ones I do or do like the ones I don't. Everyone is different and everyones entitled to an opinion.

Just coz I'm not into a few of the songs doesn't mean others can't enjoy them.

2.gif cool10.gif blush4.gif

I truly and genuinely enjoy almost everything they put out, pre-Test for Echo (with the exception of Roll the Bones, which is a disgrace). TFE and VT are pretty mediocre, S&A is a large step in the right direction, and I like BU2B and Caravan.

This forum is overrun by blindly devoted fanboys so I don't think you're alone in your mindset smile.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jun 21 2011, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Jun 21 2011, 08:02 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 21 2011, 07:58 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 21 2011, 09:57 PM)
QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 21 2011, 08:38 AM)
I can think of a track from every album, which I don't think should have made the cut.

I would love to see that list...

imho: Rivendell, Speed of Love, YBYL...after that I have to think.

I'll have a go at this...

In the mood

Rivendell

Fountain

Tears

Madrigal

Holy sheep hemispheres is hard, but I'll say title track

Different strings

Holy sheep MP is hard but vital signs

Countdown

Red lenses

Manhattan project

Tai Shan

Superconductor

YBYL

The Speed of Love

Dog Years

The Stars Look Down

Faithless.

You really like "I Think I'm Going Bald" better than the fountain? Really???

And about the second one...

WHAT THE F***???

REALLY?!?!?

I thought we could get along!

rage.gif

I didn't say that right. I was trying to predict the other person's disliked ones.

Hemispheres is my 2nd favorite song ever and the fountain is in my top ten rush songs.

Hmm I guess Im somewhere between 60-70%. There are almost entire albums I dont like, like S&A, T4E, only like 3 songs off of Signals, only a few off of VT, etc...

I like almost everything from 2112 through MP, after that it drops off a cliff and I just like random songs on each album.

I have a High Percentage . . . 95%

Zeppelin is High too . . . . . 92%

Pink Floyd drop's alot . . . . 50%

Those are my top 3 bands,

Big difference in those 3, Rush is still Producing music

smile.gif

I'm probably at about 95%, with TFE dragging the average down quite a bit.

Only a few other bands in that ballpark for me: probably Genesis (95%), Marillion (95% including Hogarth), Yes (90%), Zeppelin (95%), Spock's Beard (98% with Neal).

And, yes, 2.gif is still making new music, so that's pretty impressive. 653.gif

Edited by PariahDog

Yes...I like the vast majority of what Rush has written and released. Of course, I dislike the first album (only time I ever listen to any song off of that album is when I watch Rush concerts), and there are a few songs sprinkled here and there that make me cringe. But, overall, I dig most everything...even VT, S&A, RTB and TFE. cool.gif

But please...DON'T get me started on Superconductor or The Larger Bowl tongue.gif tongue.gif

I like it all. As I said in another thread, there are albums or eras I don't listen to as much as others, but if I listen to an album, I don't skip songs. If the whole catalog is on shuffle such as on rushradio.net, there are songs I tend to pick, but I'm also perfectly content to let it go and not skip any.

I'm curious as to what songs they DID end up cutting. Who wants to hear those, raise your hands? bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 21 2011, 06:41 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 21 2011, 07:18 AM)
Once I did a thread on which songs would you skip when listening to Rush.

By my calculations, I enjoy and would play 74% of all their songs or 117 out of 158 songs.

74% is most, right?  unsure.gif

Love that analysis! trink39.gif yes.gif

I would guess that mine would be a little higher, maybe close to 80%.

But I'd have to analyze all the albums to be sure.

Appreciate the idea......

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=58681