Disappointment at the O2. the return!!

marshy64

Hello all

I'm back!!

3 weeks have passed since my mauling on here over my comments about the O2 sound, ticket prices, allocation etc.

One member wanted to know how pro-active Marshy was and suggested that I take my issues away from the forum and directed them more towards the band themselves.

I took his advice.

I emailed Anthem management about my disappointment and asked a few questions about the sound and poor tickets through the web pre-sale etc.

I'm sure you are all dying to know what the response was?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

Even a "go away you complaining little git" would have been nice!

Am I at all surprised?

Not at all!

Lets raise a glass to a band and their management that really care about what fans think!

Cheers

Marshy. xxx

Marshy.

I'm not going to join the bashing but to be honest I think you are pissing in the wind. I don't know the capacity of the O2 or its acoustic design, but if it had have been as bad as you obvioulsy believe it was then there would be uproar on this forum.

It may well be that the gods conspired against you in terms of it being a 'flat spot' or some other sound engineers nightmare.

I don't think you can blame, Rush, their Management, or even O2. Just accept it was a bad one and move on. You will always get 70 shades of shit on here because everyone wants to beat their virtual chest. Take no notice. You know what happened, end of.

I didn't read all your post and replies because it got a bit ... samey, but if it was your first or fiftieth Rush gig, it has now passed. Only you can decide if you want to give them another chance (if they tour the UK again) or not.

I don't know what kind of recompense would suffice? An apology? A refund? or a lavish parade in your honour. Which ever it is, I wouldn't hold your breath.

There's no way you can blame the band for this. You think that they have a say in how the sound in a arena is? Or that they are involved in the ticket presales?

Thier job is to write and perform the music and nothing else. They can't help if the sound in the O2 arena is crappy that night just the same way that can't help if the sound is shitty when they play the arena in my town.

If anything it's on the arena and Rush's soundboard guys for not fixing the problem.

I seriously doubt that Rush is even aware that you sent an e-mail to Anthem. They are, after all, busy with a tour at the moment and more than likely aren't gonna deal with such petty complaints. They pay other people to do that.

I'm not sure what you're looking to get out of this since you didn't make that clear. But there are some things you should just let go and move on from. This would be one of them wink.gif

Edited by J2112YYZ

I felt folk kinda jumped on Marshy a bit harshly before but I have to say if you go to an arena show your not guaranteed a great sound unfortunately.

I have just read a review from a guy in classic rock mag about the Roger Waters gig he attended at the 02 & the prices he had to pay for beer, parking etc.

Thank God I stay in Glasgow!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 17 2011, 07:50 AM)
There's no way you can blame the band for this. You think that they have a say in how the sound in a arena is? Or that they are involved in the ticket presales?

Thier job is to write and perform the music and nothing else. They can't help if the sound in the O2 arena is crappy that night just the same way that can't help if the sound is shitty when they play the arena in my town.

If anything it's on the arena and Rush's soundboard guys for not fixing the problem.

I seriously doubt that Rush is even aware that you sent an e-mail to Anthem. They are, after all, busy with a tour at the moment and more than likely aren't gonna deal with such petty complaints. They pay other people to do that.

I'm not sure what you're looking to get out of this since you didn't make that clear. But there are some things you should just let go and move on from. This would be one of them wink.gif

wtf.gif

Yeah don't complain, you're only the customer.

Oh, I forgot, it's Rush. That means different rules.

Marshy, don't bother with these f***ing idiots, most of them aren't even adults yet.

How do I get a job on the Rush payroll?

I fancy the one where you sit at a desk in Toronto looking at emails and ignoring them.

Sounds like a doddle!!

Tony R. You are a star! Good work on the Prog Archives pages mate.

I see you are of a similar vintage to me. Do you have stubborn old git syndrome as well?!

BIG MONEY GOT A HEAVY HAND

BIG MONEY TAKE CONTROL

BIG MONEY GOT A MEAN STREAK

BIG MONEY GOT NO SOUL

Marshy doesn't give in without a fight. 1287.gif

Let round two commence!

Laters......

QUOTE (marshy64 @ Jun 18 2011, 09:48 AM)

I fancy the one where you sit at a desk in Toronto looking at emails and ignoring them.

Sounds like a doddle!!

I see you are of a similar vintage to me. Do you have stubborn old git syndrome as well?!

BIG MONEY TAKE CONTROL

BIG MONEY GOT NO SOUL

Let round two commence!

Laters......

I'm not sure how you would get a job doing that. It sounds nice though.

You still haven't made it clear what exactly you want from them? Some kind of apology because the arena had bad sound that night? Which is clearly not their fault. That's probably another reason why they aren't responding.

Sorry, I never read the other thread you mentioned in your first post so some clarification here as to what you're expecting form them would be nice.

QUOTE (marshy64 @ Jun 18 2011, 10:48 AM)

Sounds like a doddle!!

BIG MONEY TAKE CONTROL

BIG MONEY GOT NO SOUL

Let round two commence!

Laters......

confused13.gif

OK, since they didn't respond I will for them.

QUOTE (marshy64 @ Jun 16 2011, 04:08 PM)

"go away you complaining little git"

Feel better now . . . . .

3 weeks have passed since my mauling on here over my comments about the O2 sound, ticket prices, allocation etc.

BTW confused13.gif

Sound issue is Venue related, go Sue them ! 1287.gif

I'm sure the Rush Sound engineers did ALL the could, they are Pro's ya know !

Ticket price's are Fair Current Market Range, Go Sue Yourself !

I'm sure if it was up to Rush, Geddy-Alex-Neil, they would like to play to us for gas money !

Allocation ? ( you talking ticket avalibilty & Scalpers/Broker/agency's ? )

Your too late, class action lawsuits have begun years ago, been stalling & loosing those..... fists crying.gif

You can allways start your own Class Action Lawsuit ( SUE, Sue Now ! ) doh.gif

banghead.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 17 2011, 07:22 PM)

Marshy, don't bother with these f***ing idiots, most of them aren't even adults yet.

So, Marshy is allowed to complain, but no one is allowed to counter him? These people are "f***ing idiots" and "aren't even adults yet" just because they have a different opinion? It's not about Rush being beyond reproach. If the sound at a certain venue is bad, it doesn't have to be the band's fault.

Jones Beach is an outdoor amphitheater about 40 minutes from my house. It seats over 14,000, and Rush fills it every time they play there.

I don't see Rush or any rock band there anymore because the sound is terrible. Unless you have seats on the floor near the stage (which can only be had by paying top dollar to the scalpers/brokers), the combination of the wind coming off the water and the concrete pit layout of the venue wreaks havoc on the sound.

I now travel much farther to other venues to see outdoor shows, even though Jones Beach is an easy 40-minute drive down the parkway -- THAT'S how bad the sound is there.

Is that the Rush's fault? Considering I've seen the band in other outdoor arenas on the same tour (R30) where they sounded good, and considering I've seen other rock bands at JB that have also sounded bad, I'd say it's the fault of the venue. Not much Rush or any band can do about that.

[i don't have a horse in this race, but...]

Lets raise a glass to a band and their management that really care about what fans think!

Cheers

Marshy. xxx

Yes. I agree...Let's do just that!

Case in point why: Birthday Show in El Paso

Bye , bye Marshy....I'll miss you...........Well , I'll miss your constant bitching and whining ....... See you soon , as it's the second time you've left us and I'm sure we'll get a "Six months on and I'm still not happy " thread rofl3.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 19 2011, 06:45 PM)

So, Marshy is allowed to complain, but no one is allowed to counter him? These people are "f***ing idiots" and "aren't even adults yet" just because they have a different opinion? It's not about Rush being beyond reproach. If the sound at a certain venue is bad, it doesn't have to be the band's fault.

Jones Beach is an outdoor amphitheater about 40 minutes from my house. It seats over 14,000, and Rush fills it every time they play there.

I don't see Rush or any rock band there anymore because the sound is terrible. Unless you have seats on the floor near the stage (which can only be had by paying top dollar to the scalpers/brokers), the combination of the wind coming off the water and the concrete pit layout of the venue wreaks havoc on the sound.

I now travel much farther to other venues to see outdoor shows, even though Jones Beach is an easy 40-minute drive down the parkway -- THAT'S how bad the sound is there.

Is that the Rush's fault? Considering I've seen the band in other outdoor arenas on the same tour (R30) where they sounded good, and considering I've seen other rock bands at JB that have also sounded bad, I'd say it's the fault of the venue. Not much Rush or any band can do about that.

How can people who weren't there have an opinion? It's not for anyone here to counter him. Certainly not in the manner displayed. He gets accused of whining for feeling he has been sold an unsatisfactory experience he believes is within the band's control. The people mocking him can only either be immature or fanboys. There is no other possible explanation.

Edited by Tony R

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 19 2011, 02:39 PM)

How can people who weren't there have an opinion?

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

DUDE, this is the F-ing INTERNET!

Clue not required.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 19 2011, 03:39 PM)

How can people who weren't there have an opinion? It's not for anyone here to counter him. Certainly not in the manner displayed. He gets accused of whining for feeling he has been sold an unsatisfactory experience he believes is within the band's control. The people mocking him can only either be immature or fanboys. There is no other possible explanation.

I bet there was another explanation, but you edited it out.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (ioc @ Jun 19 2011, 04:07 PM)

How can people who weren't there have an opinion?

DUDE, this is the F-ing INTERNET!

Clue not required.

yeah, pretty much cancel the internetz if this isn't allowed.

When I saw Rush in Nashville this year I got less than great sound. I mentioned it in this forum and the folks who sat on the floor all said the sound was excellent. It was my fault. I bought cheaper seats higher up because friends wanted to go. Guess what? They bailed on me at the last moment. I screwed up my chance to get a better seat because I was doing a favor for someone else. Never again.

For the record the sound was better in the second half and after a while it wasn't really that bad. You get used to such things when you have been going to concerts for a while.

My point? It never occurred to me once to blame the band or their management. Why? Because I'm not the bitch. Want to stop the bitching? Ask to the bitch. Who's the bitch? Figure it out.

It's an opinionated place around here. If you stick your two cents in then folks will comment whether they are qualified or not. Get used to it.

I ain't trying to start a fight. Just weighing in.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jun 20 2011, 05:35 AM)

When I saw Rush in Nashville this year I got less than great sound. I mentioned it in this forum and the folks who sat on the floor all said the sound was excellent. It was my fault. I bought cheaper seats higher up because friends wanted to go. Guess what? They bailed on me at the last moment. I screwed up my chance to get a better seat because I was doing a favor for someone else. Never again.

For the record the sound was better in the second half and after a while it wasn't really that bad. You get used to such things when you have been going to concerts for a while.

My point? It never occurred to me once to blame the band or their management. Why? Because I'm not the bitch. Want to stop the bitching? Ask to the bitch. Who's the bitch? Figure it out.

It's an opinionated place around here. If you stick your two cents in then folks will comment whether they are qualified or not. Get used to it.

I ain't trying to start a fight. Just weighing in.

By your rationale anyone who returns unsatisfactory goods is bitching and whining.

To me it is up to the sound guy to do his utmost to ensure that every paying customer gets a good sound. Distance from the stage should only affect the visual experience and the band caters for that with large screens. The cheaper price for seats at the back of the arena relates to the visual component of the show not the aural.

My view is that I have read quite a few people who said that the sound was bad and others, including myself, saying the sound was good. If there were dead spots in the arena that haven't been experienced by people in similar seats for other shows by other artists then the band IS at fault.

For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would genuinely have a problem with someone not being happy about this.