Foo Fighters

briremo

Great album 1022.gif

Might be my favorite from them. Did you notice the riff in 'Rope' is very Rush like?

Burning Bridges, Dear Rosemary, Alandria, These Days, Miss The Misery and Walk are my favorites.

I'm seeing them in September and it should be a hell of a show. I've seen some sets online and the band plays close to 30 songs some nights ohmy.gif

Album of the year IMO...and it's now my favorite Foo Fighters record.

Such great production. All old school. Not even mixed digitally. Butch Vig rocked that sucker.

There's only one song I don't love, but that said I don't dislike it either....(Back & Forth). It's a bit too bouncy in the chorus. Catchy as shit, but a little bit of filler. The rest? All keepers. Incredibly solid. Interestingly, when you look at the customer reviews on amazon.com, out of 194 reviews, 166 people rank this as a full 5-star album. There is exactly 1 two-star rating...and no one in nearly two hundred gave it a single star. No matter how good an album is, some dillhole always trashes even great albums....so that really is indication that fans freakin' LOVE this thing. biggrin.gif

Their new documentary is great...seriously every bit as good as the Rush doc. Very frank and honest look at their history...including some humbling moments, in addition to Grohl's typically good sense of humor. It also covers the recording of the new album. It's out NOW on DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/Foo-Fighters-Back-Fo...08232702&sr=8-1

Here's their new video, if you're interested, for Walk. (Also a great song). Gotta love the Falling Down influence in the vid.

Edited by Presto-digitation

Alandria is my favorite so far. It's got that Pixies esque quiet/loud/quiet thing they've excelled at in songs like Johnny Park and My Poor Brain.

Nice to see Walk released as a single. That song so describes my life right now it's scary.

Edited by invisible airwave

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jun 16 2011, 11:34 AM)
Alandria is my favorite so far.  It's got that Pixies esque quiet/loud/quiet thing they've excelled at in songs like Johnny Park and My Poor Brain.

Nice to see Walk released as a single.  That song so describes my life right now it's scary.

I'd have to say either Walk or Rope or Dear Rosemary are my favs. The latter is just a ginormous song. They're all freakin' great. It's difficult for me to list my favorites.

That's a good problem to have with a new record. trink39.gif

Picked up the doc today.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 16 2011, 01:31 PM)
why does the greatness of this album elude me? I don't think it holds a candle to Colour and Shape.

Yup.

I'm also not getting the " old school" vibe everyone is talking about. It sounds like all their other post colour and the shape albums to me.

it's rock and roll at it's best. album of the year for sure!

no idea why they recorded it analog. it's sold in digital format. so it's a digital product. compressed to hell also. if they release it on vinyl then were talkin! they can remaster it so it's not compressed to hell and it will be some great sounding rock.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 16 2011, 01:28 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 16 2011, 09:57 AM)
I pre-ordered the deluxe download from iTunes, and there is a techno remix of Rope that is wicked cool. Does anyone else have that track?

Yes, it was on mine as well. Odd. biggrin.gif

Silly. laugh.gif I meant, had anyone heard it and what did they think of it.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 16 2011, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 16 2011, 01:31 PM)
why does the greatness of this album elude me? I don't think it holds a candle to Colour and Shape.

Yup.

I'm also not getting the " old school" vibe everyone is talking about. It sounds like all their other post colour and the shape albums to me.

me neither.....the new album is ok. The Colour and the Shape is awesome, far better IMO....

This band does Nothing for me confused13.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 16 2011, 11:28 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 16 2011, 09:57 AM)
I pre-ordered the deluxe download from iTunes, and there is a techno remix of Rope that is wicked cool. Does anyone else have that track?

Yes, it was on mine as well. Odd. biggrin.gif

The Deadmau5 one? Such garbage

If there's any computerized alternative, it's this: http://youtu.be/9HaEeRcPHOU

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 18 2011, 05:19 PM)

Yeah I don't get the interest in this band, to me they sound like the kind of music that features in teen drama shows, the kind of throwaway alternative rock that is used in a fight scene in One Tree Hill or something.

trink38.gif

I adore this album! I only have it on vinyl, but I wish I could listen to it everywhere. My only tiny problem with it is that on my first and second listens, all of the songs sounded identical, only a few stuck out.

QUOTE (Yokkov @ Jun 19 2011, 04:49 PM)
I adore this album! I only have it on vinyl, but I wish I could listen to it everywhere. My only tiny problem with it is that on my first and second listens, all of the songs sounded identical, only a few stuck out.

Identical? There are maybe three songs that sound the same maybe. However DG does use similar arrangements in many cases using pauses and fade outs only to jump right back into the main hook. Beats the shit outta the same old "verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus-chorus-chorus" structure that is nearly everything today.

I love it.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 18 2011, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 18 2011, 05:19 PM)

Oh sorry, not metal enough for You? tongue.gif

You are talking to a guy that loves Styx and Heart laugh.gif